Why do you main who you main?

#1tyk0rientalPosted 7/16/2013 3:07:44 PM
I'm fairly new to this board and after seeing so many different people, I've seen a lot of personalities and preferences, and I think that's pretty cool cat.

Henceforth, I wanted to ask a pretty basic question to all these people. Why do you main who you main?

And I hope this doesn't fall under the category of those annoying posts that have been showing up, but I really don't think it does. Feel free to perspirate justice as you see fit, though, mods.

Personally, the Sly Cooper series is how I first got in Sony/ Playstation (had been a Nintendo lad) when my older cousin showed and proclaimed "yo hah yo head of this Sly Cooer gme", and I was like "lolno" and he was like "das wh i tell u get ps2 not dose Nintendo gams y no listen u cm to m house u cn play ps too".

And so when I heard they were having a Playstation mascot fighter, I just instantly bro'd up with Sly.

Plus, I really like the slow techniques, tricks, avoiding conflict and mind games kind of playstyle in games because I honestly have painfully abbhorent speed and accuracy in my movement. In fighters, in shooters, anything. Though Sly definitely works with fast movements and reactions, I feel he's easier to handle for some reason. And I am absolutely horrible at combos, and Sly doesn't really require lightning fast combos and chains of hits to work well. Just a few nice and slow techniques and tricks.
---
Visit http://humerussness.blogspot.com for very good time in promiscuous Vietnamese teenage girl voice!
PSN: tyk1337, playing online: PSASBR, BF3, ME3, UC3.
#2ZavalsBizPosted 7/16/2013 3:17:23 PM
He's good-lookin'.
---
You know you're jealous I get this and you don't,
http://i.imgur.com/Itslong.jpg
#3TheJButtonPosted 7/16/2013 3:31:32 PM
Going into PSAS back in November I had decided to main Raiden, Sweet, & Sir Dan. Unfortunately, they were the only games I had played at that point.

The meta-game convinced me otherwise...

Raiden=Confirm and as I started to platform confirm, winning seemed inevitable after the patch.
Sweet and Dan weren't played too much because I wanted to play the entire cast.

I switch mains often from week to week or month. Usually my decision is based on the characters others choose so that I can at least compete.

Currently: Nariko & Sackboy
---
Truth does not matter if you do nothing with it and even then we know nothing as we cannot know with certainty.
#4RainbowsaurusPosted 7/16/2013 3:33:50 PM
Ape Escape was one of the first games I ever played, and the series is definitely one of my favorites. I'm not really good with Spike, but I still use him just because I like his series.
and he's is delicious shota

As for my secondary, tertiary, and uh...quaternary mains.
2. Fat Princess was a fun game and she's fun to play
3. Finally tried a demo of Starhawk. Awesome game, and Emmett is one of the few gun-reliant characters I'm actually decent with
4. Not good with Heihachi, but I use him a bit because he's a pretty different character. And taunts.
---
Full of bits!
http://i.imgur.com/MBfzfAR.png
#5TheConduitGenePosted 7/16/2013 3:35:12 PM
Well im a fan of the inFAMOUS series so naturally I'd pick Cole over any of the other characters and I always preferred playing as Good Karma Cole in inFAMOUS which is why I chose G.Cole over Evil.
---
He walks amongst us, but he is not one of us.
#6LightEcoSagePosted 7/16/2013 3:37:10 PM
TheConduitGene posted...
Well im a fan of the Jak series so naturally I'd pick Jak over any of the other characters.

I edited this to my relevance.
---
Simply amazing - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbJHIH9qOkg
#7crash-b-fan-23Posted 7/16/2013 3:37:54 PM
Sackboy due to me being a fan of LBP back in the day. Now that I hate anything and everything about LittleBigPlanet, sackboy is pretty much a PSAS character to me now moreso than LBP.
---
[PSN]:crashbfan23
www.twitch.tv/crashbfan
#8RealSlyCooperPosted 7/16/2013 3:39:50 PM
Because the Sly games were my favorite and I've beaten all of them on PS2 and PS3.
---
I haven't stolen anything... Yet!
#9ZavalsBizPosted 7/16/2013 3:45:54 PM
crash-b-fan-23 posted...
Sackboy due to me being a fan of LBP back in the day. Now that I hate anything and everything about LittleBigPlanet, sackboy is pretty much a PSAS character to me now moreso than LBP.

Why do ya hate LBP?
---
You know you're jealous I get this and you don't,
http://i.imgur.com/Itslong.jpg
#10DrunkenMegamanPosted 7/16/2013 7:52:39 PM
I main Parappa because I love his games.

ZavalsBiz posted...
crash-b-fan-23 posted...

Why do ya hate LBP?

I think it has something to do with the community. He hates the LBP community immensely.

Might be more than that though.
---
XBL gamertag: DrunkenMegaman/PSN: NomadicDemon54
-Rob: "How's it feel to win, Joe?" -Chicken Joe: "I won?"