Kat, Zeus and Ratchet's lvl1

#1jacks_wasd_lifePosted 7/26/2013 12:02:35 PM
I've been playing ratchet (lvl 330 so far) and there's been a couple times where I sucked them up, rolled to the corner threw them down, revved up the lvl1, and they got out of it. twice with kat, she's somehow gotten behind me to avoid it, maybe i threw her too far into the corner? or is it only kat? then with zeus, i did the same thing, but he just blatantly rolled out of it -_-. it wasn't the timing, because 2 of his rolls were while he was still in the bullet storm. I was seriously so ticked off that zeus just easily rolled out of my super somehow. anyways, both situations they just got out and teabagged and i wanna know how to prevent this, or if anyone else has experienced this. (maybe I'm late on anti-ratchet tech, idk.) also, as a noob ratchet, playing blackrock stadium is the most frustrating thing. with all the platform changes, and the rocket hazard, i had 1 game (1v1) where this guy got out of ny lvl1 like 4 times. /salt off
---
Super Smash Bros was just the beginning. Now it's moved out of the basement. It's called project All-Stars.
#2ClammehClam24Posted 7/26/2013 12:17:36 PM
Ratchet's level 1 grab isnt a 100% sure fire way to kill someone. It actually can be jumped out, air dodged, and got out of safely, but the timing is extremely strict and no one seems to know the exact. However, characters like sly, kat, and z00z have an easier time getting out with what they are given.

Kat can quickly jump in her wavedash, air dodge, and then punish you

Sly can (timing is also strict but not as much) teleport at the right frame so he ends up behind you and then punish

Z00z can just roll. Simple as that. Free level 1 kill for z00z
---
PSN(s): I-Use-A-Blender, iStealBP, DiVE_Clam, MashSquare4Days, Blender-A-Use-I, ItsTheClam
The "iNSaNiTY" known as Clam.
#3jacks_wasd_life(Topic Creator)Posted 7/26/2013 12:49:05 PM
ClammehClam24 posted...
Ratchet's level 1 grab isnt a 100% sure fire way to kill someone. It actually can be jumped out, air dodged, and got out of safely, but the timing is extremely strict and no one seems to know the exact. However, characters like sly, kat, and z00z have an easier time getting out with what they are given.

Sly can (timing is also strict but not as much) teleport at the right frame so he ends up behind you and then punish

so is there a way to prevent them getting out of my 1? i mean sucking and spitting into a corner is the same as knocking them down in the corner, should i just not use my 1 on those characters or what?
---
Super Smash Bros was just the beginning. Now it's moved out of the basement. It's called project All-Stars.
#4ClammehClam24Posted 7/26/2013 1:00:55 PM
jacks_wasd_life posted...
ClammehClam24 posted...

so is there a way to prevent them getting out of my 1? i mean sucking and spitting into a corner is the same as knocking them down in the corner, should i just not use my 1 on those characters or what?

It all depends on how they react when the level 1 is up. Experienced kats know how to get out but its not exactly a cakewalk, slys have an even harder time getting out, but z00z is just guaranteed escape. You can use it on kat and sly, but avoid trying it on z00z's cause they dont need timing or anything just roll roll roll. It happens from time to time you dont have to worry about relying on a level 2 or 3 to kill the first two, just do what you normally do and its their actions that can get them out, not your own
---
PSN(s): I-Use-A-Blender, iStealBP, DiVE_Clam, MashSquare4Days, Blender-A-Use-I, ItsTheClam
#5jacks_wasd_life(Topic Creator)Posted 7/26/2013 1:12:09 PM
Ok v_v thanks Clammeh, I'll go for 3s to avoid zeus shenanigans.
---
#6ClammehClam24Posted 7/26/2013 1:13:16 PM

Np man
---
#7ZavalsBizPosted 7/26/2013 1:37:49 PM

Ratchet's Lv.3 on Zeus is actually kinda worse. He can completely roll outta no problem 'cuz of the lag in each shot.
---
You know you're jealous I get this and you don't,
http://i.imgur.com/Itslong.jpg
#8TerraponPosted 7/26/2013 2:23:02 PM
Oh how awful. Your grab isn't a KC for everyone.
---
xENDERgotGAMEx (PSN)
#9IcyFlamez96Posted 7/26/2013 2:30:51 PM
Terrapon posted...

Lol @ the Kat getting all defensive.
---
If ya na'mean
Nevermind. Ratchet's Into The Nexus look is pretty good
#10ClammehClam24Posted 7/26/2013 3:25:45 PM
IcyFlamez96 posted...
Terrapon posted...

Lol @ the Kat getting all defensive.

---