why do ppl play as kratos?

#1Retroxgamer0Posted 8/12/2013 4:46:58 PM(edited)
heres the positives vs the negatives of playing as kratos

pros:

-good vent for aggression after a hard day, is a good aggressive screen sweeper
-is pretty accurate to his games and is from a good series, maybe you like god of war a lot, and thats cool. play who you like by all means.
-good for new players, because hes quick to learn and pick up

cons:

-no challenge/very little challenge
-predictable, uninteresting
-nobody likes you when you are kratos, not a well respected character in this game because hes very unbalanced
-never get props for wins, because its normal and anyone can play kratos
-overpopulated character, therefore you don't feel as unique
-shallow and easy to play as
-losing makes you look very bad, because hes easy and strong, it makes you look like a total newbie, and people might criticize you even more

theres more cons than pros to playing as kratos. =/ he remains popular, but hopefully the people playing as him are only big god of war fans and maybe dont like the other franchises, because if not, that is really really pathetic, that you need a crutch, and favor winning over challenging yourself.

characters that challenge you and are fun to play as, and win as:

-fat princess
-radec
-good cole
-jak
-big daddy
-dante (borderline broken if you master him, worthless if you dont)
-heihachi (if you learn the combos)
-spike
-toro
#2EternuxPosted 8/12/2013 5:11:11 PM
Isnt FP high tier?
---
PSN Eternux
#3DreoreSilerePosted 8/12/2013 5:17:54 PM
He is not accurate to his games. His attacks are way slower and more deliberate in his own games.
---
I should go.
#4Retroxgamer0(Topic Creator)Posted 8/12/2013 5:18:16 PM
yeah she is high tier but shes hard to play as. shes very combo reliant. a newbie cannot utilize her to that level, they will likely have trouble with her, and maybe even quit her before they get good.
#5EternuxPosted 8/12/2013 5:21:14 PM
Retroxgamer0 posted...
yeah she is high tier but shes hard to play as. shes very combo reliant. a newbie cannot utilize her to that level, they will likely have trouble with her, and maybe even quit her before they get good.

. Isnt it mostly Jump Square jump square. Get lvl 1 start going for KCs?
---
PSN Eternux
#6Retroxgamer0(Topic Creator)Posted 8/12/2013 5:26:15 PM(edited)
Eternux posted...
Retroxgamer0 posted...

. Isnt it mostly Jump Square jump square. Get lvl 1 start going for KCs?

yeah like sweet tooth, but unlike sweet tooth she is fast and all of her moves are dependant on combos, whereas sweet tooth lays mines and relies on single hits more often. he has less complex combos you can learn but arent as required. fat princess needs to combo to build AP efficiently which is difficult. also sweet tooth is invulnerable and can time his supers, whereas fat princess's take more effort.
#7TheJButtonPosted 8/12/2013 6:19:18 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#8TheJButtonPosted 8/12/2013 6:20:08 PM
According to the best FPs she's at the bottom of top tier (below Kat & Raiden) because she is little risk, high reward.
She's also a slow character so I don't see where that came from.
---
Truth does not matter if you do nothing with it and even then we know nothing as we cannot know with certainty.
#9ClammehClam24Posted 8/12/2013 6:28:54 PM
My sides exploded from reading this.
---
PSN(s): I-Use-A-Blender, iStealBP, DiVE_Clam, MashSquare4Days, Blender-A-Use-I, ItsTheClam
The "iNSaNiTY" known as Clam.
#10Stanger5150Posted 8/12/2013 8:24:45 PM
Some people use him just because they love his games, and don't care about tiers. That's how I am with Sly. I realize he's high tier (once you're able to fully utilize him... he's harder to learn than Raiden and Kratos), but I really don't care because I've been a huge Sly fan since the day his first game launched. Sly 2 is in my top 15 games of all time.

I decided I was maining him the day he was announced for this game, and long before anyone called him OP or high tier.

Some feel the same about Kratos, and that's ok.
---
PSN- BlackRain8782