Connecting

#11DireProphecyPosted 8/20/2013 11:17:34 PM
Stanger5150 posted...
DireProphecy posted...
Sly is the best 2 v 2 character though, you should be able to deal with everything as him.

Once you get good, yeah. He's not a "pick up and play" character like Kratos at all.

Mastering Sly pretty much requires mastering everyone else if you want to be really good with the counter. The reward for mastering him is high, but it's not easy to do. Lumping Sly into the same category as easy mode button mash characters isn't fair.

Kratos is easy to use at a good/decent level, more so than Sly. This is largely why people think he is better than he really is. Honestly though, most of the characters in this game range from easy to super f**king easy to learn.

And really, a character's difficulty to play has nothing to do with how good they are or how they fare against other characters. If Kratos beats Sly, Kratos was the better player. The fact that Sly is harder to use is irrelevant.
---
3DS Friend Code: 0130-2123-8328
#12Stanger5150Posted 8/20/2013 11:28:10 PM
DireProphecy posted...
Stanger5150 posted...
DireProphecy posted...
Sly is the best 2 v 2 character though, you should be able to deal with everything as him.

Once you get good, yeah. He's not a "pick up and play" character like Kratos at all.

Mastering Sly pretty much requires mastering everyone else if you want to be really good with the counter. The reward for mastering him is high, but it's not easy to do. Lumping Sly into the same category as easy mode button mash characters isn't fair.

Kratos is easy to use at a good/decent level, more so than Sly. This is largely why people think he is better than he really is. Honestly though, most of the characters in this game range from easy to super f**king easy to learn.

And really, a character's difficulty to play has nothing to do with how good they are or how they fare against other characters. If Kratos beats Sly, Kratos was the better player. The fact that Sly is harder to use is irrelevant.

It matters because it's easier to get good with Kratos, so there are more good Kratos players than Sly players. I've lost to only two other Sly players (HeroicMoises was one if them... the other was almost as good). Most Sly players I've seen spam forward triangle, so they're easy to shut down. The roll is a move I barely even use anymore.

Kratos can be deadly even in the hands of a beginner. Sly can't.
---
PSN- BlackRain8782
#13BkzIzuPosted 8/31/2013 9:37:23 AM
Doesn't happen to me.