How many people do you think will come back to the game because of the patch?

#21Rlaur2Posted 8/27/2013 11:26:39 AM
I recently got back into AE so I'm not anywhere near as rusty as when we first played so yeah, we can play that whenever. I also bought DiveKick yesterday and the game is fun as hell, but it's also harder than it looks. Contrary to what you may have heard, match-up knowledge is extremely important in that game.
---
-_-
#22Doom_JPosted 8/27/2013 12:08:15 PM
Ok my FC is 1765 4817 9614. Whoever else wants to add ne go ahead, I'm still very new in brawl tho, so don't expect much lol.
#23blaze19_0X(Topic Creator)Posted 8/27/2013 12:23:52 PM
Rlaur2 posted...
I recently got back into AE so I'm not anywhere near as rusty as when we first played so yeah, we can play that whenever. I also bought DiveKick yesterday and the game is fun as hell, but it's also harder than it looks. Contrary to what you may have heard, match-up knowledge is extremely important in that game.

We can play about 2 days from now. Currently, I'm kind of busy. I think I've gotten better since last time as well. But maybe not as much as I should have gotten because I keep switching characters lol. I went from Balrog to Bison (stuck with him for a while) to Evil Ryu and now I want to learn Yang.

For now I think I'm going to stick with Bison and Evil Ryu. Though even now I feel my Ryu is still far superior to my Evil Ryu because it's a lot easier to mess up simple combos with Evil Ryu and he has less health so gets punished harder. His slower normals also take time to get used but I hope in time he can be one of my mains.

Doom_J posted...
Ok my FC is 1765 4817 9614. Whoever else wants to add ne go ahead, I'm still very new in brawl tho, so don't expect much lol.

If you are serious about getting into competitive Brawl be warned, it's not nearly as easy as people make it out to be. There are a lot of fundamental concepts in Smash in general you have to learn before you can stand a chance against good players.

What characters do you plan on maining btw? I could probably link you to some top notch gameplay videos of said characters if you want so you can get an idea how to play well.
---
Monster Hunter Videos: www.youtube.com/blaze0070x
Monster Hunter Livestream: www.livestream.com/blaze0x
#24Doom_JPosted 8/27/2013 2:03:25 PM
blaze19_0X posted...
Rlaur2 posted...

We can play about 2 days from now. Currently, I'm kind of busy. I think I've gotten better since last time as well. But maybe not as much as I should have gotten because I keep switching characters lol. I went from Balrog to Bison (stuck with him for a while) to Evil Ryu and now I want to learn Yang.

For now I think I'm going to stick with Bison and Evil Ryu. Though even now I feel my Ryu is still far superior to my Evil Ryu because it's a lot easier to mess up simple combos with Evil Ryu and he has less health so gets punished harder. His slower normals also take time to get used but I hope in time he can be one of my mains.

Doom_J posted...

If you are serious about getting into competitive Brawl be warned, it's not nearly as easy as people make it out to be. There are a lot of fundamental concepts in Smash in general you have to learn before you can stand a chance against good players.

What characters do you plan on maining btw? I could probably link you to some top notch gameplay videos of said characters if you want so you can get an idea how to play well.

Thanks man, I'd really appriciate it. As of now I'm not sure who to pick though, and since I just got it, I don't have all the characters unlocked, but I'm leaning toward sonic or lucario at this point. Zelda/sheik was my first choice, but she's tough so maybe down the line I'll come back to her.
#25blaze19_0X(Topic Creator)Posted 8/27/2013 2:34:51 PM
Out of those two, just know that Lucario is a significantly better character than Sonic. He's a lot more newbie friendly as well imo.

I see, so you just got Brawl then? Well I'll let you get used to it for a few weeks, then we can play
---
#26judgementaeonPosted 8/27/2013 2:57:43 PM
Unfortunately, not much.....
---
"In a world that cheated me, why should I play fair..."
#27Doom_JPosted 8/27/2013 3:17:24 PM
blaze19_0X posted...
Out of those two, just know that Lucario is a significantly better character than Sonic. He's a lot more newbie friendly as well imo.

I see, so you just got Brawl then? Well I'll let you get used to it for a few weeks, then we can play

Fair enough, got to get re-equated with the system and all. And yeah, I heard Sonics kinda low tier, but I usually do end up in that category anyway. Anyway, ill see ya then. Guess I'll just pm ya when I know I'm ready
#28DrunkenMegamanPosted 8/27/2013 4:31:35 PM
Doom_J posted...
blaze19_0X posted...

Fair enough, got to get re-equated with the system and all. And yeah, I heard Sonics kinda low tier, but I usually do end up in that category anyway. Anyway, ill see ya then. Guess I'll just pm ya when I know I'm ready

I always thought that every character in Brawl is good in their own way. Except Ganon.
---
XBL gamertag: DrunkenMegaman/PSN: NomadicDemon54
"Good morning, starshine! The earth says 'Hello!'" - Willy Wonka
#29blaze19_0X(Topic Creator)Posted 8/27/2013 5:03:25 PM(edited)
Nah Brawl is a terribly balanced game. Not as bad as PSASBR perhaps overall (given the glitches, infinite stalls, no reliable kill moves ever for some, host advantage, Kat etc.) but still pretty bad.

This goes for Smash in general actually. 64 and Melee are apparently more balanced than Brawl but still pretty awful.

Of course, at the casual level they will seem balanced but at mid-high-top level the distinctions and tiers become clear. Hopefully Smash 4 will do a better job than the previous ones did.
---
#30Rlaur2Posted 8/31/2013 12:12:25 PM
Says you haven't been online in 50 some days, blaze. I can play anytime this weekend, except between 8 and 10 pm EST Sunday as that's Breaking Bad o'clock.
---
-_-