Sly isn't OP

#11F_TierPosted 8/28/2013 1:53:42 PM
Lol this board is sad.
---
Emperor of Terrors
#12KartosFTWPosted 8/28/2013 1:55:49 PM
F_Tier posted...
Lol this board is sad.

You get called out for being stupid and so you assume it's because this board is 'sad'?
#13F_TierPosted 8/28/2013 2:08:48 PM
KartosFTW posted...
F_Tier posted...
Lol this board is sad.

You get called out for being stupid and so you assume it's because this board is 'sad'?

I'm guessing you go up against barrel and roll spammers. I would say you're stupid because you think kratos is not as op as Sly. I agree that he's fast and has the barrel stall and counter but kratos is still a bit better. kratos has combo ability and longer melee while Sly is fast. And when I meant 'combos' I meant Ap bursts, sorry for not clarifying that.
---
Emperor of Terrors
#14Stanger5150Posted 8/28/2013 2:29:02 PM(edited)
F_Tier posted...
KartosFTW posted...
F_Tier posted...
Lol this board is sad.

I'm guessing you go up against barrel and roll spammers. I would say you're stupid because you think kratos is not as op as Sly. I agree that he's fast and has the barrel stall and counter but kratos is still a bit better. kratos has combo ability and longer melee while Sly is fast. And when I meant 'combos' I meant Ap bursts, sorry for not clarifying that.

Sly is much more dangerous in the hands of someone who does not spam.

Roll spammers are nothing... but for some reason, they haven't realized it yet. I don't think he's as OP as Kratos or Kat though. He's probably on par with Raiden.
---
PSN- BlackRain8782
#15DanteTheBestPosted 8/28/2013 7:28:06 PM
F_Tier posted...
KartosFTW posted...
F_Tier posted...
Lol this board is sad.

Dude, why not use actual words people say against them and not just make up random s*** trying to prove a point that no ones even made yet. Seriously, STOP ASSUMING RANDOM THINGS

"So F_Tier, I can tell by your post that you are indeed a spamming sly player who does nothing but spam electric roll. I can also tell that you constantly go up against spammers and you think that you're good simply because you mash the counter button. I can also tell that you can't play very well, can you? And when I say 'play' I mean actually do things in the game, sorry for not clarifying that."

You're attacking strawmen, which is one of the absolute best ways to make your point completely invalid. At least most people on this board actually TRY to use their opponents words against them and back themselves up, you're just directly insulting people on stuff that you've made up.

Oh, and btw, how do you know KartosFTW even plays Kratos, huh? How do you know he doesn't think Kartos is broken? How do you know he thinks Sly is broken? (The last one is obvious, but I'm making a point). You're just making up random crap because you have nothing to say. You're pathetic.
---
Then give Sly the ability to block AND teleport, like Spike can. Spike, in the hands of a good player... is actually one of Sly's best opponents
Stanger Quote
#16ImDyinSquirtlePosted 8/28/2013 8:59:06 PM(edited)
It kind of says something, how I can go to any other PSABR community - online or off, competitive or casual - and everyone can agree that Sly was designed much stronger than almost every other character

But then I come to GameFAQs, and all of a sudden, Sly is perfectly balanced. Really guys, believe Stanger and RealSlyCooper, they main him so they'd definitely know, especially more than people who a competitive fighter background.
---
Help me Squirtle, dont just stand there...Im freaking dying
"Snyder, Nolan and Goyer need to be lined up and executed." - animeape
#17Stanger5150Posted 8/28/2013 10:53:19 PM(edited)
ImDyinSquirtle posted...
It kind of says something, how I can go to any other PSABR community - online or off, competitive or casual - and everyone can agree that Sly was designed much stronger than almost every other character

But then I come to GameFAQs, and all of a sudden, Sly is perfectly balanced. Really guys, believe Stanger and RealSlyCooper, they main him so they'd definitely know, especially more than people who a competitive fighter background.

As I've explained before, I definitely have a competitive fighter background dating all the way back to the day Street Fighter II came out in the arcades.

Also, I have never once stated that Sly is balanced. Don't talk about me like I'm an inexperienced kid. I'm 31, and I probably have more experience playing competitive fighting games than anyone on this board.

I repeat, I've never stated that Sly is balanced. In fact, I consistently post about all of the nerfs Sly needs, and I'm harder on him than most people.

I have no issue with RealSlyCooper. I enjoy playing with him in the game, but our opinions about Sly differ greatly, largely because I am so experienced with competitive fighting games. Hell, I even have a NeoGeo specifically for tournaments I used to host as a teenager.

Or do you just assume that every Sly main feels he's balanced without even reading what they actually say?
---
PSN- BlackRain8782
#18RealSlyCooper(Topic Creator)Posted 8/29/2013 12:33:11 AM
People take this game too seriously.
---
I haven't stolen anything... Yet!
#19TerraponPosted 8/29/2013 12:48:12 AM
You keep on saying this... A lot of people keep on fighting you.
---
xENDERgotGAMEx (PSN)
#20DireProphecyPosted 8/29/2013 4:07:32 AM
RealSlyCooper posted...
People take this game too seriously.

So do you lol. You make more topics on this board than anyone.
---
3DS Friend Code: 0130-2123-8328