Do you guys think Kat is too broken to he effectively nerfed?

#1Stanger5150Posted 8/29/2013 10:24:49 PM
Just wondering. She's so broken, she's the only character is see that gets banned from tournaments. There's only so much a patch can do. Sly can be fixed with a patch, as can Raiden, but I'm not so sure about Kat.

She just seems so haphazardly designed, and I really don't get what they were thinking. I used to think they made DLC characters OP on purpose to boost sales until I started playing as Zeus and Emmett, who aren't even A tier characters (or B tier IMO), so that can't be the problem.

My biggest fear, when it comes to ranked matches in this game, is that a few characters that can actually win against high level Kat players are going to get big nerfs (as they should), but Kat will remain virtually untouched because she may be too broken to fix. Then Kat will have even more of an unfair advantage over the entire roster because the gap between high tier and Kat tier will be even wider.

I've seen great Sly, Raiden, and Kratos players beat high level Kats (I haven't, but I've come close once), but honestly I have never seen any others do it. I saw an amazing Parappa almost pull it off once, but that damn gravity pull!
---
PSN- BlackRain8782
#2Stanger5150(Topic Creator)Posted 8/29/2013 10:25:41 PM
Sorry about the topic title... it's supposed to say "be", not "he".
---
PSN- BlackRain8782
#3ZavalsBizPosted 8/29/2013 11:37:20 PM
Yeah, that b**** is too broken to be balanced in any way. Removin' her debris confirms would sorta balance her but she will still too powerful for some characters. The amount of things SSM will have to do to fix her is tremendous.
---
"Everyone is an idiot but me."
#4Stanger5150(Topic Creator)Posted 8/29/2013 11:54:10 PM
ZavalsBiz posted...
Yeah, that b**** is too broken to be balanced in any way. Removin' her debris confirms would sorta balance her but she will still too powerful for some characters. The amount of things SSM will have to do to fix her is tremendous.

That's what I'm worried about.
---
PSN- BlackRain8782
#5ZavalsBizPosted 8/29/2013 11:57:02 PM
Stanger5150 posted...
ZavalsBiz posted...

It's kinda worse how every other characters is gettin' nerfs to balance them an' yet anything they do to Kat will barely faze her.
---
#6Stanger5150(Topic Creator)Posted 8/30/2013 12:04:27 AM
ZavalsBiz posted...
Stanger5150 posted...
ZavalsBiz posted...

It's kinda worse how every other characters is gettin' nerfs to balance them an' yet anything they do to Kat will barely faze her.

I just played an incredible Kat player... goddamn his counter is useless against her!
---
PSN- BlackRain8782
#7Stanger5150(Topic Creator)Posted 8/30/2013 12:06:19 AM
But I know you feel that pain even more than me, being a Zeus main.
---
PSN- BlackRain8782
#8ZavalsBizPosted 8/30/2013 12:10:23 AM
What's the name of this Kat?
---
#9Stanger5150(Topic Creator)Posted 8/30/2013 12:15:39 AM
ZavalsBiz posted...
What's the name of this Kat?

I don't even remember man... all I saw was a black belt. Everything else was a blur mixed with high pitched, nerve-grating screams.
---
PSN- BlackRain8782
#10bc1910Posted 8/30/2013 3:11:45 AM
She's fixable. The safest way to balance her is remove debris confirms, slow down the startup on several attacks, slightly enlarge her hitbox and give her more cooldown in general. Consideration should also be made for not allowing her to airdodge during air dashes, I am in favour of this but I can see how it might be detrimental to the character.

This assumes all her glitches get removed too.