Parappa's grapple loop...

#11bc1910Posted 8/30/2013 2:33:21 AM
Yup, these are Sly infinites. Any move that causes hitstun or a stagger with frame advantage on hit can be an infinite on Sly. There's 1 frame where you can do the move again and Sly won't be able to escape. Offline you're never going to hit this frame consistently and Sly can use counter to escape, as it activates faster (since there's no lag) as well as activating on frame 1. Online, they can be impossible to escape from if the opponent knows about them. They are usually tournament banned however, as they are true online infinites.
#12Stanger5150(Topic Creator)Posted 8/30/2013 2:37:36 AM
bc1910 posted...
Yup, these are Sly infinites. Any move that causes hitstun or a stagger with frame advantage on hit can be an infinite on Sly. There's 1 frame where you can do the move again and Sly won't be able to escape. Offline you're never going to hit this frame consistently and Sly can use counter to escape, as it activates faster (since there's no lag) as well as activating on frame 1. Online, they can be impossible to escape from if the opponent knows about them. They are usually tournament banned however, as they are true online infinites.

Can't counter Parappa's though, since it's a grapple.
---
PSN- BlackRain8782
#13ZavalsBizPosted 8/30/2013 2:42:48 AM
Stanger5150 posted...
bc1910 posted...

Actually you can, it's still considered an attack much like Nariko an' Kratos'
---
"Everyone is an idiot but me."
#14Blublur756Posted 8/30/2013 1:48:16 PM
I believe Dante can loop with sly too
---
"Even without wings...I CAN STILL FLY !"
PSN - arthurick2
#15Stanger5150(Topic Creator)Posted 8/30/2013 6:10:44 PM
ZavalsBiz posted...
Stanger5150 posted...
bc1910 posted...

Actually you can, it's still considered an attack much like Nariko an' Kratos'

What? Goddamnit!
---
PSN- BlackRain8782
#16BkzIzuPosted 9/1/2013 10:25:09 AM
Just keep on mashing Neutral Circle and you'll escape it
#17Q_BlahPosted 9/1/2013 12:53:19 PM
learn to block?
---
Hmmmm........
http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g42/spald/Soups.png
#18Stanger5150(Topic Creator)Posted 9/1/2013 1:03:17 PM