Sly Nerf/Buff Ideas

#1ChimcharwhoohooPosted 8/30/2013 4:10:57 PM(edited)
BUFFS:

- Level 1: Murray now waits an additional 20 frames before charging, but once he starts charging, the super cannot be cancelled. Murray can now fall off platforms.

-Air Triangle has faster startup
-Air Down Triangle has faster start up
-Ground Down Triangle has an altered hitbox so it doesnt travel directly through people without affecting them
- Neutral Square Square now gives 15 AP
- If attacking an opponents back with Ground Square Square. Said 15 AP is added to whatever is being stolen.

NERFS:

- Barrel Stall is removed
-Barrel no longer reflects projectiles, instead it can withstand 60 APs worth of damage before Exploding
-Teleport Recovery increased by 7 frames
-AP stolen whil perfoming the "Square Square" on an opponent while invisible is redcued. 40-->30. Non invisible: 20-->15
-Sly level 3 AP altered from 675--->725
-Racoon Roll no longer completes the animation if it gets blocked. (IE: the backflip doesnt happen). State change is altered from Eject Roll to Eject Spiral
-Decoys Active period is reduced by 5 frames.

How the AP steal works now.
Normal: 15 stolen AP + 15 for [] [] = 30 AP (AP Value +5 from current)
Invisible: 30 stolen AP + 15 for [] [] = 45 AP (AP value equivalent to current)

Sly is still getting the same amount of AP from the actions, but is stealing less AP
---
PSN: MilliardoPcraft PSAS: Zeus/Kat/Heihachi TTT2: Kazuya/Lili SCV: Viola/Ezio
Official Crash Bandicoot/Pinstripe Potoroo of the PSASBR Board.
#2Stanger5150Posted 8/30/2013 6:13:59 PM
I have to disagree. The only possible buff Sly needs is for Murray to stop f****** tripping.

Nothing else about Sly needs to be buffed. Nerf the barrel stall, add landing lag, and decrease bounce back distance of forward triangle on block, then Sly will be done and will be as balanced as he can practically be.
---
PSN- BlackRain8782
#3Chimcharwhoohoo(Topic Creator)Posted 8/30/2013 7:19:27 PM
Stanger5150 posted...
I have to disagree. The only possible buff Sly needs is for Murray to stop f****** tripping.

Nothing else about Sly needs to be buffed. Nerf the barrel stall, add landing lag, and decrease bounce back distance of forward triangle on block, then Sly will be done and will be as balanced as he can practically be.

Okay, so the ridiculously large start up time on Confuse Bomb and Air Electric Cane are okay?
and ground Confuse Bomb going straight through a guy without affecting him? Yeah okay.
---
#4redskinsrock26Posted 8/30/2013 7:35:01 PM(edited)
Chimcharwhoohoo posted...
BUFFS:

- Level 1: Murray now waits an additional 20 frames before charging, but once he starts charging, the super cannot be cancelled. Murray can now fall off platforms.

How in the world is that a buff. That's the most sugarcoated ridiculous over-nerf I've ever seen. His level 1 honestly isn't anything special since the last patch. Its slightly above average at the absolute best (closer to average imo). I definitely see no reason to change it in a way like this.
---
PSN: Redskinsrock2689
PSASBR Mains: Sackboy and Sly
#5SoulRegaliaPosted 8/30/2013 9:12:36 PM
Take out the ridiculous Counter>Level 1

Or HCs altogether, that'd be great.
---
Muhahahahahaha! Have you forgotten!? I am a demon! Your common sense doesn't work on me! To my lab!-Mao
#6Doom_JPosted 8/30/2013 11:56:57 PM
SoulRegalia posted...

More like stupid. Some of the most exciting moments in this game are playing mindgames with your opponents, getting them into your confirm, and executing the kill, and you wanna ruin that and make this game super slow and boring (as if it hadn't been accused of that enough).

Gtfo of here. Just learn how to not rush in like a dummy, who your fighting and how they'll try to get you in a kill, and try to avoid it. Not saying some shouldn't be toned down (or rather, that the properties such as hitboxes, recovery, and/or range of certain confirms, looking at you, g.cole) but outright getting rid of them is just a horrible idea, and may even destroy some characters. Besides that, the game will just deteriorate into a race to level 3's. This is often the case as it is, lets not fufther encourage it.
#7SoulRegaliaPosted 8/31/2013 5:25:39 AM
Doom_J posted...
SoulRegalia posted...

More like stupid. Some of the most exciting moments in this game are playing mindgames with your opponents, getting them into your confirm, and executing the kill, and you wanna ruin that and make this game super slow and boring (as if it hadn't been accused of that enough).

Gtfo of here. Just learn how to not rush in like a dummy, who your fighting and how they'll try to get you in a kill, and try to avoid it. Not saying some shouldn't be toned down (or rather, that the properties such as hitboxes, recovery, and/or range of certain confirms, looking at you, g.cole) but outright getting rid of them is just a horrible idea, and may even destroy some characters. Besides that, the game will just deteriorate into a race to level 3's. This is often the case as it is, lets not fufther encourage it.

Lol such hostility. Ok, all I'm saying is its a bit ridiculous to put in brain dead Hcs that people can pull off with a single hit. (EC's giga punch, sly's counter> lvl 1, GC's ice to lvl 1, Raiden's everything, Kat, etc) and not give all the characters one. I main Nariko, and unfortunately she has not been given any such tool at her disposal, she had one at one point, but they removed it. I usually have to work quite a bit harder than my opponents to get kills, usually because most people who know how to play are simply not going to get hit by her lvl 1 and 2, especially on a big stage, so I get most of my kills from her level 3. Honestly it's kind of a pain to have to be pulling all these combos to get my viable supers in when all most characters have to do is land a single hit. So I guess in the end I'd be just as game for everyone to have a viable hc rather than just remove them entirely, I guess I should've mentioned that in the first post. Whatevs
---
One of the few remaining powerfaqers.
RIP poll functionality.
#8RealSlyCooperPosted 8/31/2013 7:01:48 AM
Wait, How long is 20 frames?
---
I haven't stolen anything... Yet!
#9BkzIzuPosted 8/31/2013 9:27:12 AM
Buff: Murray Doesn't trip anymore.
#10Chimcharwhoohoo(Topic Creator)Posted 8/31/2013 10:08:38 AM
RealSlyCooper posted...
Wait, How long is 20 frames?

1/3 of a second.

Before the original nerf. its about the same time it takes before Murray started charging anyway. Before, it couldnt be interrupted except by a single frame. Now, it retains that invincibility, but that 1 frame is now 20.
---