Question about the fairness of confirms

#1K1ngAce11Posted 9/2/2013 7:32:27 AM
Confirms are a part of the game. I get that. So is it unfair that I was playing ratchet just for fun and was in a stock game with two Kats. I took a 1v1 and this Kat (ok, wasnt too great) had the item confirm down pat. The only way I know of the break the items is to do a block-breaking move or grab. Mind you, everyone knows about ratchets grab, and I happened to have a lvl 1. So I grab the Kat I'm fighting and the items break, but as soon as I do so, the other Kat attacks me thinking I'm gonna do a confirm. The Kat I'm fighting out her items back, and kills me immediately. Repeat 2x

Putting aside that I wasn't planning to kill her like that, is it fair that I'm interupted from that confirm, even though Kat basically does the same exact thing? (She also has a grab confirm)
---
Extra wub
PSN:k1ngcoolest
#2BkzIzuPosted 9/2/2013 7:41:29 AM
Yes, it's fair.
#3gameghy555Posted 9/2/2013 7:56:51 AM
Depends on which confirms we talking about, but most all are fair.

Good Cole and Sackboy's have always bothered me. Ratchet's suck cannon is also iffy to me.
---
PSN: MoHSalim http://www.youtube.com/m0hsalim
CE's view on Equal Rights: "When white people win. - LamarMiyazaki
#4RealSlyCooperPosted 9/2/2013 8:31:04 AM
Mindless kill confirms need to be taken out like Raiden's forward square confirm or Kratos's multiple confirms into level 2. Difficult ones to pull off like Sly's electric slide into Level 1 or Dante's empty cancel are fine though.
---
I haven't stolen anything... Yet!
#5ClammehClam24Posted 9/2/2013 8:38:17 AM
RealSlyCooper posted...
Mindless kill confirms need to be taken out like Raiden's forward square confirm or Kratos's multiple confirms into level 2. Difficult ones to pull off like Sly's electric slide into Level 1 or Dante's empty cancel are fine though.

Dont forget any kat combo into debris for a kill, what the hell were they on when they made kat.
---
PSN(s): I-Use-A-Blender, iStealBP, DiVE_Clam, MashSquare4Days, Blender-A-Use-I,
The official Joe of Disorder 6. Period.
#6TheJButtonPosted 9/2/2013 11:10:16 AM
Confirms are fair.

Rachet's suck cannon is high risk & high reward=Fair

Kratos' squares are going to be toned down (Hopefully) and he needs level 2 for a reliable kill=Fair

Raiden has no projectiles and will most likely lose his air up triangle confirm, not to mention that he should be rewarded for getting in and everyone jumps anyway=Fair

Unlike Roiden's flip confirm, Kat uses a projectile that is unpunishable and creates T.o.D.s. I don't know how she can be balanced properly, but toning down the ability to kill you with a touch should at least reduve the level one confirms=Unfair?
---
Truth does not matter if you do nothing with it and even then we know nothing as we cannot know with certainty.
#7DireProphecyPosted 9/2/2013 12:53:24 PM
RealSlyCooper posted...

How would you simply "remove Kratos' level 2 confirms" because he has many. It isn't that simple.
---
3DS Friend Code: 0130-2123-8328
#8ChimcharwhoohooPosted 9/2/2013 1:11:23 PM
DireProphecy posted...
RealSlyCooper posted...

How would you simply "remove Kratos' level 2 confirms" because he has many. It isn't that simple.

Dont listen to him. RealSly is dumb.

Hes right about mindless confirms though.. but.. not for level 2. Confirms for level 2 are fine, because.. well.. wasting 150ish AP is one thing.. but 350-400? no. Hell some people even have level /3/ confirms.
---
PSN: MilliardoPcraft PSAS: Zeus/Kat/Heihachi TTT2: Kazuya/Lili SCV: Viola/Ezio
Official Crash Bandicoot/Pinstripe Potoroo of the PSASBR Board.
#9IcyFlamez96Posted 9/2/2013 1:15:14 PM
I don't get your story
---
i will smack you 2 oblivion
#10Stanger5150Posted 9/2/2013 1:17:51 PM
I don't care much about Ratchet's wall confirm. What bothers me is fighting him 1v1 and he vacuum throws me into a wall and loops it to steal every bit of my AP. It can't really be done in 2v2 though, and it's the sole reason that I never go 1v1 against a Ratchet player if we've already taken out his team mate. If I do, I always attack when he tries that bull**** on my partner.

I tell most of my team mates not to 1v1 Ratchet players unless they're fighting fair.
---
PSN- BlackRain8782