Why did they nerf Sly's level 1?

#1TheRealMurrayPosted 9/12/2013 10:12:58 PM
It was perfectly fine with its set distance in the original beta. Why does The Murray have to fall after hitting someone?
---
Glad I could help!
#2DeZAdePosted 9/12/2013 10:19:30 PM
lol its still a great level 1 though
#3Stanger5150Posted 9/13/2013 8:40:45 AM
DeZAde posted...

I wouldn't call it great. It's one of the easiest to interrupt now, and Murray can trip on mines, alarm clocks, rail slide, and stairs. The alarm clock confirm is especially tricky to time to prevent him from tripping. Nobody else's level 1 has that many chances to screw up. Fat Princess's lvl 1, for example, is much better than Sly's now. It's a good super, for sure, but it's low-mid tier now.
---
PSN- BlackRain8782
Now playing- TMNT 2: Battle Nexus (PS2), PS All-Stars Battle Royale (PS3), Willow (NES)
#4SelitePosted 9/13/2013 3:32:27 PM
Because it was too good?
---
I'd rather spend my life close to the birds than waste it wishing I had wings.
Also: http://www.youtube.com/user/selite?feature=mhee
#5RealSlyCooperPosted 9/13/2013 4:28:40 PM
They just need to take out that tripping BS and it'll be fine.
---
I haven't stolen anything... Yet!
#6Stanger5150Posted 9/13/2013 4:55:21 PM
RealSlyCooper posted...
They just need to take out that tripping BS and it'll be fine.

This. Sly's the only one that can cancel his own super inadvertently.
---
PSN- BlackRain8782
Now playing- TMNT 2: Battle Nexus (PS2), PS All-Stars Battle Royale (PS3), Willow (NES)
#7DeZAdePosted 9/13/2013 4:55:29 PM
Stanger5150 posted...
DeZAde posted...

I wouldn't call it great. It's one of the easiest to interrupt now, and Murray can trip on mines, alarm clocks, rail slide, and stairs. The alarm clock confirm is especially tricky to time to prevent him from tripping. Nobody else's level 1 has that many chances to screw up. Fat Princess's lvl 1, for example, is much better than Sly's now. It's a good super, for sure, but it's low-mid tier now.

wow f' me I actually didn't know that. Thanks. Now I know what TC is talking about xD.
#8DixonYaszPosted 9/13/2013 9:19:20 PM
Because you could hit him out of it and murray would still go flying out. That was my only complaint all they needed to fix, but they didnt need to make it terrible from what ive heard.
#9SkazzasurfPosted 9/14/2013 7:02:55 PM
It should be just a LITTLE less interrupt-able IMO, I've been knocked out of by a projectile well into the starting animation.
---
PSN: I_is_pro_likedat playing mostly PSABR and Nba 2k13
PSABR Mains: Sly, Kat(only in certain situations), Raiden(see Kat) NBA Team: Denver Nuggets baby!
#10Stanger5150Posted 9/14/2013 7:23:08 PM
Skazzasurf posted...
It should be just a LITTLE less interrupt-able IMO, I've been knocked out of by a projectile well into the starting animation.

I can live with that if they fix the tripping problem. Against projectile-heavy characters, I always use confirms anyway.
---
PSN- BlackRain8782