Anyone else a little adamant on getting a balance patch?

#31Ludacris01Posted 9/25/2013 9:25:59 PM
IcyFlamez96 posted...
ImDyinSquirtle posted...
boy_luck posted...
ImDyinSquirtle posted...
Oh heavens, no. Please, keep Japanese developers away from this series

Yeah, why have studios with literally decades of fighting games experience create a game that the Sony fanbase has been asking for since like forever? I mean, Superboy did an awesome job, right?

....wait.

Yeah I'd rather have this game NOT have nonsense like charge motions, holding back to block, one frame link combos which require nonsense like "plinking" and "double tapping", automatic option selects, and an overall unnecessarily harder execution method with things like dragon punch motions all complete with an anime-ish art style.

Those things are fine for the games they were made for. Not this.

I'm pretty sure they wouldn't do that kind of stuff for a 4 player brawler like this...

ya neva know
---
"that ambipom is on crack" - Lemonz89
Official King K. Rool of the Smash 4 board. KING K. ROOL FOR SMASH 4
#32IcyFlamez96Posted 9/25/2013 9:26:31 PM
I know
---
Your life, your choice. 60 seconds.
#33PyroSparkPosted 9/26/2013 10:08:19 AM
boy_luck posted...
TheJButton posted...
1) SuperBot did not intentionally imbalance the game.

Proof that Superboy's team is comprised of rookies and self-proclaimed fighter experts. Sony should have given the game to a larger, recognized studio that knows how to make fighting games like Namco, Capcom or SNK.

On topic, I really hope SSM listens to community input (with certain reservations of course). Although I'm almost certain that Kratos will remain the same given he's SSM's golden boy. Also, I strongly believe Kat is pretty much beyond the point of no return. She's just too broken to fix.

Agreed completely. The balance patches have been extremely questionable. Yeah, Kratos is probably gonna stay ridiculous. Even though someone with a jab with 1/10th of a frame of cooldown would be banned in any real fighting game so I'm not sure what they were thinking.

And Kat is definitely screwed. It would be damn near impossible to balance her.
---
rexator-"Make it a money match so that the winner gets to crap in the other's mouth." PSN: PyroSpark7
#34NeoFalconHavokPosted 9/26/2013 10:17:54 AM
Cole, Kratos, Parappa, and Toro are all devils. Cole can infinite stun lock you into the air and get free kills just via that alone. He's faaar too OP.
---
"If this guy has a problem with GameFaqs users that like Nintendo games, he can kiss my ass."
LMFAO
#35boy_luckPosted 9/26/2013 1:44:09 PM
PyroSpark posted...
boy_luck posted...
TheJButton posted...

Proof that Superboy's team is comprised of rookies and self-proclaimed fighter experts. Sony should have given the game to a larger, recognized studio that knows how to make fighting games like Namco, Capcom or SNK.

On topic, I really hope SSM listens to community input (with certain reservations of course). Although I'm almost certain that Kratos will remain the same given he's SSM's golden boy. Also, I strongly believe Kat is pretty much beyond the point of no return. She's just too broken to fix.

Agreed completely. The balance patches have been extremely questionable. Yeah, Kratos is probably gonna stay ridiculous. Even though someone with a jab with 1/10th of a frame of cooldown would be banned in any real fighting game so I'm not sure what they were thinking.

Kratos needs a very radical nerf. He is why I think Superboy is a very mediocre company. Who gives a character with long-range jabs no cooldown? Melee-oriented characters or those with slow startups don't stand a chance against Kratos. And Kat... dear god. You could write entire essays on everything that's so wrong with her.

Radec is also another character that I think is screwed forever. What can you do to buff him? Yes, he's a ranged character for the most part, but the game wasn't designed for that kind of gameplay and yet Superboy chose not to give him decent 1v1 options. I really believe their train of thought was: "Yeah, everyone will be busy fighting each other, while Radec breezes through it all long-range. So why give him options to prevent in-your-face type of combat?"

Anyway, Radec desperately needs something to raise up the ante in the close-quarters combat department. He is the other side of Kat's coin. He is just too low tier. The only good thing about his moveset is his lvl3, but good luck getting there. So he's another character beyond the point of no return. He's just too bad to fix. He'll be stuck on Radec tier forever.

Oh well, I, unlike TC, can't wait for the patch. Let's see if SSM breaks the game even further or kinda sorts out this awful, awful mess.
---
The gamefaqs mods are heavy drinkers.
http://i.imgur.com/RShmaGC.gif
#36Doom_JPosted 9/26/2013 4:45:24 PM
boy_luck posted...
PyroSpark posted...
boy_luck posted...
TheJButton posted...

Kratos needs a very radical nerf. He is why I think Superboy is a very mediocre company. Who gives a character with long-range jabs no cooldown? Melee-oriented characters or those with slow startups don't stand a chance against Kratos. And Kat... dear god. You could write entire essays on everything that's so wrong with her.

Radec is also another character that I think is screwed forever. What can you do to buff him? Yes, he's a ranged character for the most part, but the game wasn't designed for that kind of gameplay and yet Superboy chose not to give him decent 1v1 options. I really believe their train of thought was: "Yeah, everyone will be busy fighting each other, while Radec breezes through it all long-range. So why give him options to prevent in-your-face type of combat?"

Anyway, Radec desperately needs something to raise up the ante in the close-quarters combat department. He is the other side of Kat's coin. He is just too low tier. The only good thing about his moveset is his lvl3, but good luck getting there. So he's another character beyond the point of no return. He's just too bad to fix. He'll be stuck on Radec tier forever.

Oh well, I, unlike TC, can't wait for the patch. Let's see if SSM breaks the game even further or kinda sorts out this awful, awful mess.

I think the "Kat is impossible to balance" argument is bull. Her mains just don't want to see her compromised. It dosen't help that some top players also have a pocket kat, therefore a vested interest in keeping her the best (same with g.Cole, but no one dares to downplay him, and if you gotta sacrifice one of the best mu characters, might as well sacrifice the queen instead)

Oh she'd definitely get hurt, but that's what nerfs do. Off the top of my head, I say the debris should be hit. They aren't at all necessary to burst, give one of the only penalty free confirms in the game, and they give her a T.O.D. But OH-NOO, her level 1 will be practically useless now. Well, as a Jak main, I say go fu*k itself.
#37boy_luckPosted 9/26/2013 8:28:46 PM
Doom_J posted...
I think the "Kat is impossible to balance" argument is bull. Her mains just don't want to see her compromised. It dosen't help that some top players also have a pocket kat, therefore a vested interest in keeping her the best (same with g.Cole, but no one dares to downplay him, and if you gotta sacrifice one of the best mu characters, might as well sacrifice the queen instead)

Oh she'd definitely get hurt, but that's what nerfs do. Off the top of my head, I say the debris should be hit. They aren't at all necessary to burst, give one of the only penalty free confirms in the game, and they give her a T.O.D. But OH-NOO, her level 1 will be practically useless now. Well, as a Jak main, I say go **** itself.

Good Cole needs a vivacious whacking with the nerf hammer, too, especially his lvl1. They need to remove the super armor on starting frames and give it a startup, as well as reducing the hitbox. His lvl3 should also go back to prepatch condition.
---
The gamefaqs mods are heavy drinkers.
http://i.imgur.com/RShmaGC.gif
#38Doom_JPosted 9/26/2013 11:25:35 PM
boy_luck posted...
Doom_J posted...

Oh she'd definitely get hurt, but that's what nerfs do. Off the top of my head, I say the debris should be hit. They aren't at all necessary to burst, give one of the only penalty free confirms in the game, and they give her a T.O.D. But OH-NOO, her level 1 will be practically useless now. Well, as a Jak main, I say go **** itself.

Good Cole needs a vivacious whacking with the nerf hammer, too, especially his lvl1. They need to remove the super armor on starting frames and give it a startup, as well as reducing the hitbox. His lvl3 should also go back to prepatch condition.

Oh definately. He's just as bad imo, if not worse for the fact that he's ridiculous in 2v2 and FFA as well.
#39DireProphecyPosted 9/27/2013 5:31:45 AM
This game was never meant for 1v1 and Superbot and SSM never tried to balance it around 1v1. The people who try to impose competitive 1v1 on this garbage are a bigger joke than superbot themselves.
---
3DS Friend Code: 0130-2123-8328
#40Doom_JPosted 9/27/2013 1:01:00 PM
DireProphecy posted...
This game was never meant for 1v1 and Superbot and SSM never tried to balance it around 1v1. The people who try to impose competitive 1v1 on this garbage are a bigger joke than superbot themselves.

Said the kat pro. I dont see how balancing for 1v1 would at all hurt it in 2v2 and FFA, but if you don't care about the competitive aspect of this game, then thats just you. Some of us actually care about this game.

smash bros was never even meant to be competitive. Brawl went out of its way to address that fact. Didnt stop the community from taking it there, and almost 10 years later, its still going. I shouldn't have to mention Evo.

Tl;dr: You're full of s***.