Does anyone want the combo system to be changed in a sequel?

#1KingMTJPosted 10/3/2013 7:26:45 PM
I feel that there is no real substance, It's mostly learn a combo, apply it as many times as possible. I like that it is more combo centric. But they are not really organic, not like Smash Bros combos. Also take mind to the characters with OP combos and characters with crap combos and supers, makes them almost useless

I feel that a more universal and practical combo system should be implemented in the sequel while still retaining the combo elements from PSASBR. Anyone disagree or feels that they can do something else?
#2Q_BlahPosted 10/3/2013 11:25:59 PM
Welcome to fighting games. I personally think the combos are fine the way they are. I just wish some characters had better combos that can burst from mid screen. Would make the game more fun and challenging.
---
Hmmmm........
http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g42/spald/Soups.png
#3SelitePosted 10/4/2013 1:25:17 AM
No, I prefer the combos in PSABR, I just wish they were balanced.
---
I'd rather spend my life close to the birds than waste it wishing I had wings.
Also: http://www.youtube.com/user/selite?feature=mhee
#4EternuxPosted 10/4/2013 1:26:40 AM
What do you mean by OP combos? Like easy to do?
---
PSN Eternux
#5KingMTJ(Topic Creator)Posted 10/4/2013 10:01:54 AM
Q_Blah posted...
Welcome to fighting games. I personally think the combos are fine the way they are. I just wish some characters had better combos that can burst from mid screen. Would make the game more fun and challenging.

I know that the combo system in this game is reflective upon an actual fighting games combos. Though personally I think it works better there. I like the current combo system, but there is no denying that it has its flaws. I just want more freedom in it considering its closer to Smash.
#6KingMTJ(Topic Creator)Posted 10/4/2013 10:03:16 AM
Eternux posted...

Essentially yes. And with no real recovery frames. Etc etc.

And also, I just want more flexibility with the combos.
#7ClammehClam24Posted 10/4/2013 10:06:34 AM
KingMTJ posted...
Eternux posted...

Essentially yes. And with no real recovery frames. Etc etc.

And also, I just want more flexibility with the combos.

I know what you mean, this game compared to smash though was more focused around showing off the character's strengths (like how they all have their moves from their series') while smash bros took a different approach. They COULD have done it like a traditional/anime combo system, but like I said above.
---
PSN(s): I-Use-A-Blender, iStealBP, DiVE_Clam, MashSquare4Days, Blender-A-Use-I,
The official Joe of Disorder 6. Period.
#8KingMTJ(Topic Creator)Posted 10/4/2013 10:07:07 AM
I think that this game's combo system really needs tune ups. I do not want them to really change it, just make it more versatile/ flexible, like Smash while still retaining elements from PSASBR.
#9DavidgraymanPosted 10/4/2013 1:07:12 PM
Not really. Even games with organic combo systems like DOA or Tekken, at the end of day your really only going to use the same ol tried and true most efficent and high damaging strings. Take Kat or Dante for example. The have a comparitively large combo potential but nearly every Dante Empty Cancels and every Kat uses onyl the most basic of AP burst. Why? Because they are simply the easiest and most efficient combos. Even if this game did have more organic combos it would appeal more to flashy combo fiends more than anything else.

Personally I like the Super system alot and the combo system but most player do not and it would be probably be for the better for it to be changed in the "sequel".
---
The official Pepsimaaaaaaaaaaaaaan of the PSASBR board.
http://slitherup.tumblr.com/search/metal+slug
#10KingMTJ(Topic Creator)Posted 10/4/2013 6:01:33 PM
Davidgrayman posted...
Not really. Even games with organic combo systems like DOA or Tekken, at the end of day your really only going to use the same ol tried and true most efficent and high damaging strings. Take Kat or Dante for example. The have a comparitively large combo potential but nearly every Dante Empty Cancels and every Kat uses onyl the most basic of AP burst. Why? Because they are simply the easiest and most efficient combos. Even if this game did have more organic combos it would appeal more to flashy combo fiends more than anything else.

Personally I like the Super system alot and the combo system but most player do not and it would be probably be for the better for it to be changed in the "sequel".

I love this game. And its combos, but the fact that it feels so limited too me compared to melee bothers me. Using most of the same moves over and over is not too bad for the sake of efficiency , but the fact that I feel limited to them bothers me.