Which character is the most poorly represented?

#1DavidgraymanPosted 10/21/2013 11:43:10 AM
When I first heard Big Daddy was in the game I was hyped. There was all kinds of moves in Bioshock to draw from, he is capable of doing quite a bit, and I'm a fan of powerhouse even though I am horrible with them. So when I saw him use a dinky little thunderbolt and lame his incinerate was, I was a little pissed.

I haven;t played J&D but if LES was to be believe, Jak wasn't done very well either. What do you guyesz think?
---
The official Pepsimaaaaaaaaaaaaaan of the PSASBR board.
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_maxg3av29T1rp0pcwo1_500.png
#2ZavalsBizPosted 10/21/2013 12:23:42 PM(edited)
Big Daddy was pretty simple in Bioshock and only had like 4 attacks, all of which became his /\ attacks. They wanted to represent more notable aspects of Bioshock so they had to give him plasmids. Plus in Bioshock 2 you(a Big Daddy) could use plasmids. The punches made less sense because a Big Daddy never uses its fist for attacks, but the devs just gave him generic attacks.

I think Emmett could've had another weapon instead of the Rift Extractor, maybe the Grinder or at least a separate bunker for the Kinetic Rifle that would be much more useful than the current one. Not to mention Rift Extractors where much larger.
---
"Everyone is an idiot but me."
#3McFordmansonPosted 10/21/2013 1:08:37 PM
Sir Dan.

Slow, weak attacks, a lightning super that barely even resembles the giant thunderstorm it became in the original game, he walks slower than porridge, and his shield is made of paper apparently.
---
Official Big Daddy of the PSASBR Board.
#4Davidgrayman(Topic Creator)Posted 10/21/2013 2:35:58 PM
ZavalsBiz posted...
Big Daddy was pretty simple in Bioshock and only had like 4 attacks, all of which became his /\ attacks. They wanted to represent more notable aspects of Bioshock so they had to give him plasmids. Plus in Bioshock 2 you(a Big Daddy) could use plasmids. The punches made less sense because a Big Daddy never uses its fist for attacks, but the devs just gave him generic attacks.

I think Emmett could've had another weapon instead of the Rift Extractor, maybe the Grinder or at least a separate bunker for the Kinetic Rifle that would be much more useful than the current one. Not to mention Rift Extractors where much larger.

Yeah but his plasmids seemed way cooler in Bioshock 1 & 2. I feel like his plasmids should have played a bigger role in his moveset or looked different at least. Like the only use for incinerate is to link AP burst. Other than that its a horrible move. There are really only three plasmids in the game, four I guess if you want to count his level two. I was hoping you could at least charge your plasmids like you could in Bioshock 2.
---
The official Pepsimaaaaaaaaaaaaaan of the PSASBR board.
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_maxg3av29T1rp0pcwo1_500.png
#5Stanger5150Posted 10/21/2013 2:43:32 PM
McFordmanson posted...
Sir Dan.

Slow, weak attacks, a lightning super that barely even resembles the giant thunderstorm it became in the original game, he walks slower than porridge, and his shield is made of paper apparently.

This. Sir Dan's representation is an absolute f****** joke. The screwed Jak up pretty bad too. They gave Sly moves he never had in his games, yet that was the best they could do for Dan and Jak? Then they turn around and make Kat, who has one game, more powerful than anyone else by a wide margin. Seriously, what the hell were they smoking?
---
PSN- BlackRain8782
NP- Mass Effect 3 (PS3), PS All-Stars Battle Royale (PS3), Final Fantasy IX (PS), Alien Syndrome (NES)
#6ZavalsBizPosted 10/21/2013 2:57:57 PM
Davidgrayman posted...
ZavalsBiz posted...

Yeah but his plasmids seemed way cooler in Bioshock 1 & 2. I feel like his plasmids should have played a bigger role in his moveset or looked different at least. Like the only use for incinerate is to link AP burst. Other than that its a horrible move. There are really only three plasmids in the game, four I guess if you want to count his level two. I was hoping you could at least charge your plasmids like you could in Bioshock 2.

Charging the Incinerator has a guard break at the end that can confirm into a Lv.1 so at least it has another use.

Most characters can't be true to their game because they would be too powerful. Just look at Jak, all his weapons are nerfed to hell compared to his home game.
---
"Everyone is an idiot but me."
#7SaikyoBroPosted 10/21/2013 3:02:47 PM
I'd say Dante and Raiden. They have so many cool and varied moves and weapons in DmC and MGR but they barely have anything to represent them in terms of moves or supers.
#8boy_luckPosted 10/21/2013 4:16:31 PM
Sly is kinda weird for me. He had quite the large array of moves that could've been used, but the devs chose kind of an off moveset. That superjump is present only in one particular part of Sly 2 (that I'm aware of) for just one mission and basically doesn't appear anywhere else, so it's pretty weird that they added a move that is not emblematic of Sly at all. Same thing goes for the electric slide; doesn't appear like that on any PS2 iteration of the Sly games (can't really say anything about Sly 4, for I have yet to play it). His lvl2 falls under the same pitfall. The jetpack and bombs are only present in very specific minigames that are absolutely irrelevant to the story. The barrel goes for more or less the same logic.

That said, I can really see that the devs put a lot of effort into applying all the characters and conveying their in-game reality into that of a party brawler.
---
The gamefaqs mods are heavy drinkers.
http://i.imgur.com/RShmaGC.gif
#9Stanger5150Posted 10/21/2013 5:27:30 PM
boy_luck posted...
Sly is kinda weird for me. He had quite the large array of moves that could've been used, but the devs chose kind of an off moveset. That superjump is present only in one particular part of Sly 2 (that I'm aware of) for just one mission and basically doesn't appear anywhere else, so it's pretty weird that they added a move that is not emblematic of Sly at all. Same thing goes for the electric slide; doesn't appear like that on any PS2 iteration of the Sly games (can't really say anything about Sly 4, for I have yet to play it). His lvl2 falls under the same pitfall. The jetpack and bombs are only present in very specific minigames that are absolutely irrelevant to the story. The barrel goes for more or less the same logic.

That said, I can really see that the devs put a lot of effort into applying all the characters and conveying their in-game reality into that of a party brawler.

The slide is a variation of the rail slide from Sly 4, and the jetpack is from the final boss fight of Sly 1.

I understand what the teleport represents and the decoy counter, but neither of those things can be done in the Sly series at all.
---
PSN- BlackRain8782
NP- Mass Effect 3 (PS3), PS All-Stars Battle Royale (PS3), Final Fantasy IX (PS), Alien Syndrome (NES)
#10gameghy555Posted 10/21/2013 6:22:01 PM
SaikyoBro posted...
I'd say Dante and Raiden. They have so many cool and varied moves and weapons in DmC and MGR but they barely have anything to represent them in terms of moves or supers.

Didn't those games come out after this game? I'm sure they were only able to create certain moves that the devs knew of.

Big Daddy they definitely screwed up. Plasmids could have been so much more...and where are his guns?

I agree with the other posters about Jak & Daxter and Sir Dan.
---
PSN: MoHSalim http://www.youtube.com/m0hsalim
CE's view on Equal Rights: "When white people win. - LamarMiyazaki