Which character is the most poorly represented?

#21IcyFlamez96Posted 10/22/2013 6:28:24 PM
taoxadasa posted...
blazin640 posted...
taoxadasa posted...
Fat Princess, she doesn't even move around in her game and her name isn't even Fat Princess, it's Princess Plump.

Everyone else is fine. What's wrong with Jak and Sir Dan? I've played Jak 1-3 and X, and MediEvil 1 & 2. They were nicely done imo

Jak's character wasn't even close to how he acted in Jak 1-3. Fat Princess is fine. Not everyone knows her real name and if she was a playable character of course she would move. Unless they somehow made the soldiers carry her but that's a bit much.

It's like sweet tooth. People know him as sweet tooth rather than his real name.

Jak has a different voice actor, so what?

And no Fat Princess is not fine. Have you played her game? There was a lot more they could of done with her instead of giving her a wand and belly flops. They should of made the worker playable and use a unique hat system instead.

And calling her Fat Princess in this is like calling Kratos 'God of War' or Toro 'The Sony Cat'. Sweet Tooth works because he has been called that nickname for a while in his games.

You must not know Jak too well then.

It is a good representation of his Lost Frontier self though. (Well I haven't played that game but i'm guessing they based him off that since he has the same voice actor as he does in that game)
---
Your life, your choice. 60 seconds.
#22XDarkMethodPosted 10/22/2013 11:39:39 PM
ZavalsBiz posted...
Davidgrayman posted...
ZavalsBiz posted...
Big Daddy was pretty simple in Bioshock and only had like 4 attacks, all of which became his /\ attacks. They wanted to represent more notable aspects of Bioshock so they had to give him plasmids. Plus in Bioshock 2 you(a Big Daddy) could use plasmids. The punches made less sense because a Big Daddy never uses its fist for attacks, but the devs just gave him generic attacks.

I think Emmett could've had another weapon instead of the Rift Extractor, maybe the Grinder or at least a separate bunker for the Kinetic Rifle that would be much more useful than the current one. Not to mention Rift Extractors where much larger.

Yeah but his plasmids seemed way cooler in Bioshock 1 & 2. I feel like his plasmids should have played a bigger role in his moveset or looked different at least. Like the only use for incinerate is to link AP burst. Other than that its a horrible move. There are really only three plasmids in the game, four I guess if you want to count his level two. I was hoping you could at least charge your plasmids like you could in Bioshock 2.

Charging the Incinerator has a guard break at the end that can confirm into a Lv.1 so at least it has another use.

Most characters can't be true to their game because they would be too powerful. Just look at Jak, all his weapons are nerfed to hell compared to his home game.

---
PSN: XxDark_ExilexX
PSASBR Mains: Spike, Kat, Nariko
#23XDarkMethodPosted 10/22/2013 11:40:50 PM
ZavalsBiz posted...
Davidgrayman posted...
ZavalsBiz posted...
Big Daddy was pretty simple in Bioshock and only had like 4 attacks, all of which became his /\ attacks. They wanted to represent more notable aspects of Bioshock so they had to give him plasmids. Plus in Bioshock 2 you(a Big Daddy) could use plasmids. The punches made less sense because a Big Daddy never uses its fist for attacks, but the devs just gave him generic attacks.

I think Emmett could've had another weapon instead of the Rift Extractor, maybe the Grinder or at least a separate bunker for the Kinetic Rifle that would be much more useful than the current one. Not to mention Rift Extractors where much larger.

Yeah but his plasmids seemed way cooler in Bioshock 1 & 2. I feel like his plasmids should have played a bigger role in his moveset or looked different at least. Like the only use for incinerate is to link AP burst. Other than that its a horrible move. There are really only three plasmids in the game, four I guess if you want to count his level two. I was hoping you could at least charge your plasmids like you could in Bioshock 2.

Charging the Incinerator has a guard break at the end that can confirm into a Lv.1 so at least it has another use.

Most characters can't be true to their game because they would be too powerful. Just look at Jak, all his weapons are nerfed to hell compared to his home game.

^ This. When will people finally understand this?
---
PSN: XxDark_ExilexX
PSASBR Mains: Spike, Kat, Nariko
#24ImDyinSquirtlePosted 10/23/2013 1:19:25 AM(edited)
First party wise, Sweet Tooth and Sly Cooper. No question about it.

Both seem to draw inspiration solely from their most recent games (TM 2012 and Thieves in Time)

Yes Sweet Tooth has a TM3 costume, and Sly has like 3 moves from the first Sly game, but everything else about them and their series representation just screams TM 2012 and Thieves in Time
---
Help me Squirtle, dont just stand there...Im freaking dying
"Snyder, Nolan and Goyer need to be lined up and executed." - animeape
#25blazin640Posted 10/23/2013 9:39:45 AM
ImDyinSquirtle posted...
First party wise, Sweet Tooth and Sly Cooper. No question about it.

Both seem to draw inspiration solely from their most recent games (TM 2012 and Thieves in Time)

Yes Sweet Tooth has a TM3 costume, and Sly has like 3 moves from the first Sly game, but everything else about them and their series representation just screams TM 2012 and Thieves in Time

Sly has more than 3 moves from the original. His regular attacks already make up more than 3. Clock, Decoy, All supers, etc. Kane's level 2 and 3 is the only thing I can see from TM 2012. His other attacks I'm pretty sure are just added to him because he never leaves Sweet Tooth. You never see him attack without it (could be wrong but I'm pretty sure he doesn't).
---
Life is just one big hit confirm. No matter how many times you dodge and block it, sooner or later you're f***ed.
#26Davidgrayman(Topic Creator)Posted 10/24/2013 8:11:18 PM
XDarkMethod posted...
ZavalsBiz posted...
Davidgrayman posted...
ZavalsBiz posted...

^ This. When will people finally understand this?

I'm not obviously not talking about how characters aren't as powerful as they should be because by that logic Zeus triumphs most of the cast, Jak and Ratchet are walking WMDs and Raiden would be even more insane than he is now. That's not what I mean by representation. I'm not LES, I get there are limits and I understand why Big Daddy's (as well other characters) moveset is the way it is. That being said, I simply don't like his moveset and think it could not only be better but should better represent the diversity that BioShock offers.

As far the Incinerator is concerned while you have a point Zavals, his Incinerator can be useful, it still isn't viable by itself. You almost never see anyone do it raw because its not safe. Also where is your accent, I miss it.
---
The official Pepsimaaaaaaaaaaaaaan of the PSASBR board.
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_maxg3av29T1rp0pcwo1_500.png
#27RealSlyCooperPosted 10/25/2013 1:16:48 PM
boy_luck posted...
Sly is kinda weird for me. He had quite the large array of moves that could've been used, but the devs chose kind of an off moveset. That superjump is present only in one particular part of Sly 2 (that I'm aware of) for just one mission and basically doesn't appear anywhere else, so it's pretty weird that they added a move that is not emblematic of Sly at all. Same thing goes for the electric slide; doesn't appear like that on any PS2 iteration of the Sly games (can't really say anything about Sly 4, for I have yet to play it). His lvl2 falls under the same pitfall. The jetpack and bombs are only present in very specific minigames that are absolutely irrelevant to the story. The barrel goes for more or less the same logic.

That said, I can really see that the devs put a lot of effort into applying all the characters and conveying their in-game reality into that of a party brawler.

The super jump could be unlocked by beating the game 100% and entering a cheat code. Electric railslide is based off his rail slide technique and was altered to be an attack. The jet pack level 2 is based off the ending of Sly 1 where you had to shoot Clockwerk down with the jetpack. There were multiple times where you used the barrels in Sly 1 and 2 and some of them were dynamite barrels.
---
I haven't stolen anything... Yet!
#28azurebeastPosted 10/26/2013 12:01:28 PM
Fatty p