Good Cole is OP, help!

#1CompMajicPosted 1/25/2014 3:25:42 AM
Ok, so everytime I go against a good cole in 2v2. he some how manages to get behind me, roll behind me, or even catch me in mid air with his side square, it gets so repetitive which makes me rage quit, and honestly he has one of the best level 1s on the game. Like how can you basically not get caught in his level 1 when being in coles personal space, the move happens instantly without thought and can catch you in the air!! Please someone help me with some advice! and same goes for evil cole which is even more broken!
#2ZavalsBizPosted 1/25/2014 3:36:01 AM
Block. He can fairly easily catch rolls and confirm. Unfortunately for you Cole does well wherever he is.
---
"Everyone is an idiot but me."
#3PootbirdPosted 1/25/2014 8:58:25 AM
Coles level 1 is OP? I mean sure he has a decent level 2 and one of the best level 3's (if not THE best) but his level 1 is hard to use against someone who knows how to not get too close.

Both Evil Cole and Good Cole are amazing in free for alls, don't expect to beat them all the time.
---
Lone-Destroyer of the Elite Overlords. Master assassin of the AC multiplayer.
PSN: Goldengeartwo
#4DanteTheBestPosted 1/25/2014 10:03:45 AM
Pootbird posted...
Coles level 1 is OP? I mean sure he has a decent level 2 and one of the best level 3's (if not THE best) but his level 1 is hard to use against someone who knows how to not get too close.

Both Evil Cole and Good Cole are amazing in free for alls, don't expect to beat them all the time.

Are you kidding?
Cole's level 1 is probably the best level 1 in the game (the only real competitor is Raiden). It is the absolute best level 1 to simply throw out raw and still get a kill. It's fast as hell, has a good vertical range, and god knows it's impossible to interrupt. It can catch rolls easily, is amazing for catching people who block to much (and Cole is good at pressuring people and making them want to rely on block) and its so fast it can even be used as a punish.

P.S. Do NOT judge how good a level 1 is by that character's ability to Kill Confirm. That has nothing to do with the super itself. No, Kat's level 1 is not the best level 1 just because she has a lot of confirms, and no, Raiden's level 1 isn't better than Cole's because of his confirms (but Raiden's level 1 is damn good raw as well)
#5gameghy555Posted 1/25/2014 10:05:01 AM
He's a super safe character and near impossible to punish because of a few moves he can cycle through
---
PSN: MoHSalim http://www.youtube.com/m0hsalim
CE's view on Equal Rights: "When white people win. - LamarMiyazaki
#6ZavalsBizPosted 1/25/2014 10:54:01 AM
Use Kat.
---
"Everyone is an idiot but me."
#7Doom_JPosted 1/25/2014 11:21:47 AM
He's very good, arguably op, but he's not impossible. My advice is to almost never roll when within his tether range (The exceptions are when he is within very close proximity to you, and you read short hop ice jump. Of course, he could try mixing you up with ice ball, wgich you never want to roll away from) In any case, short hopping and dodging are a much better strategy for him(and in the game in general).

Also, what character are you using? That can make a difference, some just have no way of fighting with some characters.
#8TheJButtonPosted 1/25/2014 11:45:49 AM
You'll want to approach him diagonally and bait those tethers. After a while most Coles will notice you are baiting them and will go for throw bursts or just simply keep away and chip you. If you can outrange him then do that. If not, stay as close as possible so that he doesn't get away with his safe pokes that can lead to kill confirms. Cole's melee is rewarding, but slow enough to punish if you jump, which can also defend you from throw combos.

Sweet Tooth's level 1 is arguably the best raw level 1 or just behind Cole and Raiden.
---
Truth does not exist. Knowledge does not change. Change does not bring truth.
#9boy_luckPosted 1/25/2014 12:53:19 PM
Pootbird posted...

Cole has THE best lvl1 in the game. The best lvl3 is Sackboy's.
---
The gamefaqs mods are heavy drinkers.
Sora is a terrible character... just awful!
#10PootbirdPosted 1/25/2014 3:17:43 PM
DanteTheBest posted...
Pootbird posted...

Are you kidding?
Cole's level 1 is probably the best level 1 in the game (the only real competitor is Raiden). It is the absolute best level 1 to simply throw out raw and still get a kill. It's fast as hell, has a good vertical range, and god knows it's impossible to interrupt. It can catch rolls easily, is amazing for catching people who block to much (and Cole is good at pressuring people and making them want to rely on block) and its so fast it can even be used as a punish.

P.S. Do NOT judge how good a level 1 is by that character's ability to Kill Confirm. That has nothing to do with the super itself. No, Kat's level 1 is not the best level 1 just because she has a lot of confirms, and no, Raiden's level 1 isn't better than Cole's because of his confirms (but Raiden's level 1 is damn good raw as well)

No. I'm not kidding.
---
Lone-Destroyer of the Elite Overlords. Master assassin of the AC multiplayer.
PSN: Goldengeartwo