How do the new players even SURVIVE on this games

#1PootbirdPosted 1/29/2014 12:02:47 PM
I mean c'mon, pitting new players against level 999 infinite combo level 3 in first minute players is just plain stupid.

I ain't new, but no where near the skill of these 999'ers.
---
Lone-Destroyer of the Elite Overlords. Master assassin of the AC multiplayer.
PSN: Goldengeartwo
#2marioparty17Posted 1/29/2014 1:17:16 PM
dont suck

during my low levels I played it safe never fought the higher levels , higher skilled people will beat you, but you just learn to beat them.
I remember almost everyone I played and now im almost better then 90% of them, beside anyone here of course.
---
3DS FC 2535-3692-1887 PSN : MARIOPARTY17
He covered from head to toe in weaponary, like a rainbow apocalypses - Viridi Goddess of Nature #ReleaseDart/Abe
#3McFordmansonPosted 1/29/2014 4:02:52 PM
It is rougher now. A lot of people (myself included) started playing from the Beta. All I can say is trial by fire. You have to learn fast.
---
Official Big Daddy of the PSASBR Board.
#4TheJButtonPosted 1/29/2014 4:17:11 PM
You shouldn't expect to do well, especially if you're playing against people who have played since the beginning.

If you learn the game mechanics it gives you an understanding of how to play as opposed to guessing and going through trial and error.

Use your knowledge on fighters and transfer it to this game. There are many similarities with some stark differences.

Surf the web for a bit to look for tips on fighters IE. Baiting, okizeme, footsies, setups, mixups, conditioning etc. The information is at your fingertips, literally.
---
Truth does not exist. Knowledge does not change. Change does not bring truth.
#5EternuxPosted 1/29/2014 7:58:10 PM
Lol infinite.
---
PSN Eternux
#6COlimar788Posted 1/29/2014 8:23:44 PM
I've found that the best way to enjoy this game is to just not worry about it too much. I mean, it's just straight up not a very good game. This is practically objective. So if you just keep that in mind, and just pick a fun character and press some buttons, maybe kill some guys, you can probably enjoy yourself. I mean, the game's balance is so broken that getting Really Really Good is practically pointless, so eh. Whatever! Just have some fun!

Unless you end up fighting a combo-happy Kratos. In which case may Arceus have mercy on your soul.
---
There will never be a game as horribly disappointing as Other M
3DS Friend Code: 2234-7169-9510
#7Pootbird(Topic Creator)Posted 1/30/2014 5:47:24 AM
I've done as you said and just tried to enjoy the game, I'm afraid listening to the awesome music in the main menu is more fun than fighting these level 999'ers, if this game wasn't addicting I would've stopped playing it ages ago.

I just don't get it, they can block all my attack and stun me in one attack, yet they can free themselves from all my attacks and I can't block ANY of their attacks.
---
#8darkcloudrepeatPosted 1/30/2014 7:52:08 AM
Which character do you use?
I'm sure someone here can give a few character pointers.
---
3DS FC: 4940 - 5623 - 3811
#9DavidgraymanPosted 1/30/2014 9:20:11 AM
The same way anyone new to a fighting game does, you lose alit until you win or play top tier
---
The official Pepsimaaaaaaaaaaaaaan of the PSASBR board.
http://tinyurl.com/pepsimanisking
#10Pootbird(Topic Creator)Posted 1/30/2014 10:13:19 AM
I main evil cole.
---