Is this game still holding tournaments?

#1CPT_ChucklesPosted 2/3/2014 5:32:21 AM
Pretty straightforward, is there still a really fun and competitive community around this game? I don't have a ps3 right now but I will in a few months time and would really like to get back into it even if I can just have some matches with people around here.
#2LluaZargPosted 2/3/2014 6:35:57 AM
The GameFAQs forum for this game is not that active. It's probably better to look at the official forums or psabr.boards.net if you're looking for tournaments.

Anywya, there exists a competitve 1v1 scene, but it's probably pretty small compared to other games.

A couple of offline tournaments have taken place. The most recent one in Toronto and an upcoming one in Texas.

Online tournaments are held frequently enough. You an already see a couple of them when looking on the front page of the officials: http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-All-Stars-Battle/bd-p/24861

Besides that Fight club matches are streamed almost every day of the week. For a schedule you can look here: http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-All-Stars-Battle/PSA-Streams-amp-Fight-Club-Directory/td-p/41985217
---
PSN: Lluazarg
#3CPT_Chuckles(Topic Creator)Posted 2/3/2014 8:35:34 AM
Ah well thanks a lot for the info! I was around for the enjin tournaments, stuff like that, so i'll book mark these pages until i have a system again. So people don't really play around here?
#4LluaZargPosted 2/4/2014 4:24:42 AM
CPT_Chuckles posted...
Ah well thanks a lot for the info! I was around for the enjin tournaments, stuff like that, so i'll book mark these pages until i have a system again. So people don't really play around here?

Hmmmm, I don't really know actually. Activity has dwindled quite a lot and I get the feeling a lot of people who come here don't really play that much anymore.

Sometimes this board seems to revive a little bit, but only for short periods. If you ask for 1v1s over here someone will probably react, but I think your chances are generally better at other forums.
---
PSN: Lluazarg
#5CPT_Chuckles(Topic Creator)Posted 2/4/2014 11:17:25 AM
LluaZarg posted...
CPT_Chuckles posted...

Hmmmm, I don't really know actually. Activity has dwindled quite a lot and I get the feeling a lot of people who come here don't really play that much anymore.

Sometimes this board seems to revive a little bit, but only for short periods. If you ask for 1v1s over here someone will probably react, but I think your chances are generally better at other forums.

Hopefully this board takes off again, it used to be bustling, but either way just talking about the game can be fun too.
#6fawfulmark2Posted 2/4/2014 5:03:04 PM
They are supposed to host a ocal Texas tourney this Saturday.

deets here: http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-All-Stars-Battle/Texas-Allstars-Smash-Bash-4-DAY-COUNTDOWN/m-p/42237265#U42237265
---
LoL name: The Noble Kip
Smash Mains:Mario(64,Melee,P:M)Wario(Brawl),Rosalina(hopefully!)
#7CPT_Chuckles(Topic Creator)Posted 2/4/2014 11:47:58 PM
if i could get out to it i would, will be working. Will have to watch the stream and support it though.