The saltiness towards Dante need to stop.

#1NovallyPosted 2/14/2014 12:05:45 PM
Before reading this topic few things you must acknowledge is:

- I am not being biased for my main
- I understand how you feel towards Dante
- I can have an adult conversation with you as long as you're reasonable.
- I would love opinions and inputs
- I noticed the people who really complain about Dante are the ones that do a lot of Ranked Matches and Quick Matches (2v2)

So, yes. This topic is about all this Dante infamy in the PSASBR 'Community'. First I have to address his Empty Cancel.

I understand it is a glitch but it's not a brain-dead glitch. It's a very explainable and reasonable glitch (just like wave-dashing in SSBM). Empty Canceling is basically cancelling Dante's U.2 into F.3 and using either N.3 or N.1 to cause ground Dante (Who is considered air born during U.2 and F.3.)

People love to claim how easy it is to do, those same people can't even do it ten times in a row flawlessly non-stop. I am not bashing or belittling. I am simply trying to explain how execution and timing plays a huge role in it. After practice being able to Empty Cancel beings second nature and can be done without thinking.

Now I will discuss His N.1 Rekka being canceled into supers.

I can understand how this would be frustrating on the receiving end. And even I can admit to it being on some level 'cheap' but the only reason why I think being able to cancel into his super is because the AP cost for his super is considerably low. It should be pushed back to 150 instead of 130.

Let's talk about Dante's so called fastest jab in the game. I will be completely honest. I do think it's pretty fast but it's not an offense tool. A Dante who runs in with a jab willy-nilly is a BAD player. Of course on block the Jab is safe (if done correctly). On whiff the jab can be punished with a confirmed or raw super depending on how YOU approach.

Behind every attack should be reasoning. The main reason if not the only reason a Dante should be using a jab is for the purpose of punishment. Dante is NOT an offensive character. He isn't really defensive either. He is very similar to the Dante in UMVC3. He is a punish-er. The goal of Dante is to capitalize off of his opponents mistake.

For the past two weeks certain people have been deeming me as a bad Dante player. I will not drop any names. But if I am such a bad Dante why have you lost to me? I realized I am not a bad Dante player and no one can tell me otherwise.
---
PSN & Twitter: @Novallyy add/follow me.
#2Novally(Topic Creator)Posted 2/14/2014 12:07:20 PM
Dante is a punishing character. Despite think he is not he is. All of his moves revolve around punishing.

His supers:

Lvl 1: Can not be used raw, and it's very bad outside of combos/confirms
Lvl 2. This can not be used raw at all! I find his level two most effective for punishing raw supers, bad attacks, and even punishing other's lvl 2 supers. And if all else fails his lvl 2 is great for getting out of bad situations (Which burning a level 2 just so you can live is worth it!)
Lvl 3: Well...It's a horrible lvl 3. I do not see why anyone would go this but after the first kill you're goal should be to have you opponent at your mercy and to bait a bad move then kill.

His Attacks:
I already covers his N.1 Rekka.

his Arbitor is his only offensive tool. It's not a punishing move but it can be used to bait blocks and jumps.

his air rebellion moves are anti-air moves that lead into air combos. Dante cant' kill off of anything he does in the air. (Asides from arbitor and one other move but they are very impractical and outside of his N.1 string is very difficult to do.)

Dante's angel dash is for rushing in, although I have found ways to make this a very interesting rush down move, it doesn't get me far so I rather use it to rush in after I see my opponent make a mistake.

His guns...outside of combos are the most useless moves in the game.

The reason why you people lose to Dante is because you're making mistakes. Do not get me wrong. No one can play perfectly. But the goal in fighting games is to outplay your opponent. And losing to a character like Dante means you are being out-played. Or you're using Jak.

I get very tired of seeing the daily 'Omg Omg Dante keeps killing me with his ec nerf him pls'

It's very irritating. Isaac can get away with his gun-loop that takes a single button and a direction and can kill you off of with all of his supers. But when Dante has a cancel that is 20x difficult to do it's a problem. God forbid doing something in this game that takes skill. I can't wait for when a army of Big Daddy users like DominoSNK arises and bodies everyone. There will be an onslaught of 'Nerf Big Daddy' post.

Or better yet when Jak players like LightEcoSage or DROSE* arise and start beating on the masses you will find something to complain about. We need to stop this whiny mentality.

This is the only community that moans over characters that aren't even broken. Imagine in the Capcom fighters community they would cry over certain characters- Wait that's a bad example because people that are in the Capcom FGC KNOW FIGHTING GAMES. In UMVC3 we can all complain about Vergil and Wolverine but that wont fix anything. What will fix something is if we approached are fights differently. I have seen some pretty mid-tier characters beat S tier characters in marvel and that's because the person using the lower tier character out-played and capitalized off of their opponent's mistakes.

The worst thing about the PSASBRC is it's horrid fighting game fundamentals. Even the players I love in the PSASBR have really bad fundamentals but still manages to pull out wins. You guys do not believe in risk but believe in reward. You do not want to risk your 'lives' to get a kill. You just want to press a button and be rewarded with a kill. This is a terrible mind set to be in when playing any fighting game. I fully understand that PSASBR is not a traditional fighter but it can be if it's approached like one. And when people start to approach as if it was one then you'll stop being bodied by Dante. Even a online flow-chart Dante can be beaten.

Before I go I must leave you with one thing. (I am sorry my Dante brethren for betraying you all) I will tell you how to beat Dante. It's very simple. Be more patient. Impatience with Dante will get you killed.

TL;DR?:

Play any Street Fighter game for a year, then come back to this one.
---
#3mrkrs2Posted 2/14/2014 12:44:19 PM
Hush up. Dante is cheap kid
---
It takes two to Tango with one Mango...ok Django
#4lnversePosted 2/14/2014 2:10:50 PM
Dante still gets destroyed by the majority of the cast, "kid." His ToD is the only thing keeping him B-tier.
#5Novally(Topic Creator)Posted 2/14/2014 2:12:31 PM
lnverse posted...
Dante still gets destroyed by the majority of the cast, "kid." His ToD is the only thing keeping him B-tier.

Exactly. A character should not only have ONE tool keeping him alive. Especially if that ONE tool doesn't even help him out that much.
---
#6McFordmansonPosted 2/14/2014 2:29:40 PM
I think the best thing to do would be tone down the EC, but ALSO buff the areas that make the EC such an attractive alternative. Give him some safer moves, a bit more mobility, some useful ranged game, and better supers. Remove the TOD and pseudo-loop, but give Dante something in return.

And also remove Isaac's gun loop... seriously.
---
Official Big Daddy of the PSASBR Board.
#7Novally(Topic Creator)Posted 2/14/2014 2:41:43 PM
McFordmanson posted...
I think the best thing to do would be tone down the EC, but ALSO buff the areas that make the EC such an attractive alternative. Give him some safer moves, a bit more mobility, some useful ranged game, and better supers. Remove the TOD and pseudo-loop, but give Dante something in return.

And also remove Isaac's gun loop... seriously.

There isn't really a way to tone it down without making it useless. It's not like it's the best thing to do outside of 1v1s. I agree with the buffs. But that will require changing his whole meta-game. His tools are that of a punisher. I wouldn't mind his TOD being removed if the appropriate buffs were given.

And making Dante's strengths and weaknesses balance out will make him a bit boring. I find Evil Cole very boring to play with simply because he's so balanced. I have more fun playing with under-balanced Jak.

Example: Marvel. Everyone is broken that's what makes Marvel balanced (and fun!)
---
#8ZavalsBizPosted 2/14/2014 4:22:22 PM
No character should go from 0 to 200 AP in a single combo and end it with a confirm,
---
"Everyone is an idiot but me."
#9holysquidPosted 2/14/2014 5:57:34 PM
His empty cancel isn't a glitch...
---
PSN: HexagonalZebra // 3DS: 4983-5052-2822
www.livinglegacy.enjin.com
#10SS-TierPosted 2/14/2014 6:42:34 PM
ZavalsBiz posted...
No character should go from 0 to 200 AP in a single combo and end it with a confirm,

So much beauty in one sentence.