For those of you who still complain about this game being a rip off of SSB...

#1lastofus93Posted 2/25/2014 2:54:48 PM
Not sure if people still complain about that or not, but in case they do, come on! Who cares? It's not like Nintendo hasn't ripped off of anything. Come to think of it, isn't Link from The Legend of Zelda technically a rip off of Peter Pan? I mean, they both wear similar clothing, both of them wield swords, they both have elf like ears, they both have fairies who follow them everywhere if you were to look at OOT and MM....
But either way who cares that PSABR is a rip off? Some people really need to grow up.
#2ss4parrothairPosted 2/25/2014 3:14:41 PM
lastofus93 posted...
Not sure if people still complain about that or not, but in case they do, come on! Who cares? It's not like Nintendo hasn't ripped off of anything. Come to think of it, isn't Link from The Legend of Zelda technically a rip off of Peter Pan? I mean, they both wear similar clothing, both of them wield swords, they both have elf like ears, they both have fairies who follow them everywhere if you were to look at OOT and MM....
But either way who cares that PSABR is a rip off? Some people really need to grow up.

Yeah! You tell them! Im sure all the tumbleweed on this board can finally settle this debate.
---
Official Cid Highwind of the Kingdom Hearts III board
Official Laharl and Cid Highwind of the PSASBR Board
#3LittlejefferyPosted 2/25/2014 3:48:18 PM
People are still complaining that this game is a ripoff of Smash Bros?! Who cares if this game rips off Smash Bros, it's a great game regardless and we could use more Smash Bros styled games in the industry anyway. Furthermore, would these complainers rather PlayStation All-Stars rip off a BAD fighting game (Shaq Fu anyone)?!
---
SSBB fc: 4855-0629-0547 Name: WL
Mario Kart Wii fc: 0216-7101-8263 Name: Waluigi
#4DanteTheBestPosted 2/25/2014 6:35:00 PM(edited)
This thread is useless. No one still complains about this, and thinking back to it, the people who DID complain about this game being a 'ripoff' were either trolls or just incredibly stupid. This was never a serious issue. Sure people relate this game to smash alot, but I haven't seen someone complain about it being a rip off since early release. This thread is useless and dumb

[edit] turns out Link IS inspired by Peter Pan. If anyone saw my original post script, just know I just looked it up and found that the design for Link was inspired by Peter Pan... doesn't really make it a ripoff though.
#5lastofus93(Topic Creator)Posted 2/25/2014 7:20:39 PM
DanteTheBest posted...
This thread is useless. No one still complains about this, and thinking back to it, the people who DID complain about this game being a 'ripoff' were either trolls or just incredibly stupid. This was never a serious issue. Sure people relate this game to smash alot, but I haven't seen someone complain about it being a rip off since early release. This thread is useless and dumb

[edit] turns out Link IS inspired by Peter Pan. If anyone saw my original post script, just know I just looked it up and found that the design for Link was inspired by Peter Pan... doesn't really make it a ripoff though.

Yes, I know. This thread is like over a year late, but just to let you know, I didn't have a GameFAQs account back then. Sorry.
And btw, can you give me a link to that original post script that you mentioned, please?
#6GundamRedPosted 2/26/2014 1:09:13 AM
Umm....ok
I didn't know ssb was on playstation. If its not then how is it a ripoff?
#7TheJButtonPosted 2/26/2014 2:15:37 AM
DanteTheBest posted...

So sensitive & defensive.
---
Truth does not exist. Knowledge does not change. Change does not bring truth.
#8YonKitoTaoshibePosted 2/27/2014 10:20:58 PM(edited)
Spent years gaming since before I was enrolled in school, and I'm in my 20s now. Beaten more games and games that were clones of other games than you can shake a stick at.
Why don't we just say that most games of a given layout do an amount of "ripping" from other games? Open-world games are glitchy, 2-D fighters either use back/front attacks or high/low attacks, 3-D fighters can feel like Ace Combat if combat is aerial and slow, sidescrollers rip off Mario, etc.
Or we can accept the fact that, in spite of this, and the petty whining of teenage GF users, gaming has moved forward, even if at a snail's pace, even if through years of BS, good games still get made. I'm sure that if any of us are really fed up with gaming, we'll either find new games to get into or find new hobbies eventually. Or some idiots have literally nothing better to do than beat a dead horse and wait for people to be like "why are you wasting your time?".

It doesn't take whole lot of maturity to have a sensible opinion about gaming. Just a little honesty. Like maybe, "I didn't play this game, and I'm judging it even though I've never even watched a match played on YouTube". Because if you can deal a kill shot without a homerun bat, sledgehammer or super powerful attack on a severely injured foe, then it really doesn't have all that much in common with SSB. Ring Outs weren't "optional" in SSB. Even if you landed Falcon Punch during a Sudden Death in SSB, it wasn't so much your attack that killed them as it was the game registering that the opposing character had exceeded the stage boundary.
---
PSN: nammeles
Pawn: Ayame Vocation: Fighter Nexus Challenger Load her with curatives and she might use 'em all. (lv 106, mostly fighter and warrior level ups)
#9digitalwill2000Posted 3/1/2014 7:46:54 PM
Looks like someone is desperate for some recognition...no matter how lame
---
There was once a time when trolling didnt mean trolling. It meant 'criticism'. Somewhere along the line people stopped being able to take it.
#10DavidgraymanPosted 3/2/2014 5:59:49 PM(edited)
Dude what you talking about???? This is a total ripoff of Smash!!!! It's so stupid, none of the items are as recongizable as SMASH, none of the character are as good so LOL SONY YOUR GAME SUUUUUUUUUUUUUCKS! Hahaha! you losers still PLAY THIS GAME?!? wow smh cant believe someone would actually say this game is good AND ISNT A RIPOFF HAHAHA
---
The official Ray01 of the SSB4 board.