Oh man Isaac feels so different now.

#1holysquidPosted 4/8/2014 4:02:09 AM
They nerfed the hell out of him. No longer can he gunloop, his plasma cutter has a long recovery and gains less ap, he can't combo into bursts as easily anymore because of this, among other things. I can't wait to see if he's going to down in the tier lists so I can feel good about using him again.
---
PSN: HexagonalZebra // 3DS: 4983-5052-2822
www.livinglegacy.enjin.com
#2Final_TranPosted 4/8/2014 9:29:22 AM
happy days
---
PSN: Trannol
#3PyroSparkPosted 4/8/2014 9:33:54 AM
As an Isaac main, I'm happy to hear. He needed patching.
---
"The more you make people cry = the better player you are." - Eternux
#4DJPLACEPosted 4/8/2014 10:05:58 AM
well he is 3rd party that's one thing i agree on.
#5Exo_IcarusPosted 4/8/2014 10:11:22 AM(edited)
Quite literally ALL of his combos are gone! There's landing delay from his air down-triangle, side-circle has longer startup and recovery so it can't be used in follow up with his side-triangle (which has longer recovery), gunloop gone (that was expected though), gunshots only gain 5 AP per shot instead of 10.

There's so much cooldown on his neutral-square foes can pretty much ALWAYS punish him whenever he uses it now regardless of whether he hits you with it or not!

We all knew he was going to get nerfed but not THIS bad! Now he feels so helpless D:

The only positive I see atm is that the first initial shot from his neutral-circle has a bit more range.

It's Nariko from the last patch all over again...
---
3DS FC: 5155 - 2917 - 2109
#6DJPLACEPosted 4/8/2014 10:21:09 AM
wow his mine goes away? what kinda BULL **** is that!! god ******* damn it!! they should of NEVER EVER NERFED THAT!! *******!!
#7LanceDrakePosted 4/8/2014 10:22:01 AM
Exo_Icarus posted...

It's Nariko from the last patch all over again...

Except Nariko was never OP to begin with, and yet still got hit hard. Still though, ruining Isaac's combo potential sucks, and making his Plasma Cutter useless, his signature weapon, is pretty s***.
---
PSN: Lance__Drake (double underscore)
#8LanceDrakePosted 4/8/2014 10:27:49 AM
DJPLACE posted...
wow his mine goes away? what kinda BULL **** is that!! god ******* damn it!! they should of NEVER EVER NERFED THAT!! *******!!

Everyone's mine got nerfed, according to the general changes. All mines expire after 5 seconds.

Besides, Isaac's mine camping in a corner was terribly irritating.
---
PSN: Lance__Drake (double underscore)
#9DJPLACEPosted 4/8/2014 10:40:53 AM
ouch... well that's good to hear.
#10CraftyScenariosPosted 4/8/2014 10:43:36 AM
Isaac is a zoning character similar to Radec and Ratchet. There was no reason for him to have as many combos as a combo character like Dante. The way he was before was ridiculous. A zoning combo character? WTF? He'll now have to zone like the rest of em.
---
PSN: PopPopOfDaPeople
Playstyle: Go dumb