So Spike, one of the worst characters got NERFED?

#11DavidgraymanPosted 4/28/2014 2:29:52 PM
red_latias77 posted...
legendofskyland posted...
PirateKing290 posted...
Wait whats this about the bananas? They only stay on the field for 5 seconds?!

That was literally all he has left man T_T

If it makes you feel better it's like that all other character's mine attacks.
Every.single.one

It doesn't bother me that much.

except Sackboy's shockpad. lol

Wasn't Sackboy's shockpad deal with in a similar manner awhile ago in an earlier patch?
---
The official Pepsimaaaaaaaaaaaaaan of the PSASBR board.
http://tinyurl.com/pepsimanisking
#12gameghy555Posted 4/28/2014 3:29:23 PM
red_latias77 posted...
legendofskyland posted...
PirateKing290 posted...
Wait whats this about the bananas? They only stay on the field for 5 seconds?!

That was literally all he has left man T_T

If it makes you feel better it's like that all other character's mine attacks.
Every.single.one

It doesn't bother me that much.

except Sackboy's shockpad. lol

I didn't even notice that until now. That's real lame.
---
PSN: MoHSalim
#13SS-TierPosted 4/28/2014 4:57:26 PM
boy_luck posted...
SS-Tier posted...
PirateKing290 posted...
...Yeah I think I'll stay away from this game still.

Him and Zeus are the worst characters in the game by far.

No, Radec is still the worst character in the game by far. That said, Spike is now really bad, too, which is sad.

Radec, the worst? Lol no. Atleast Radec has an easier burst now off grab and has a good super set and better moveset than Spike. Spike can only get one kill no matter what super, doing everything with Spike is a hassle with his bad moveset.
---
PSN: SS-Tier
Evil Cole be my main ///// PSASBR = Love/Hate Relationship
#14PirateKing290(Topic Creator)Posted 4/28/2014 8:33:59 PM
The thing is Spike always had a great moveset, but horrible, horrible, HORRIBLE supers. No he's hardly even got the first thing.
---
PSN: Weeeler (JJBA:ASB PSN: Wryyywer)
#15JuicyHamburg3rPosted 4/28/2014 9:35:41 PM
Spike's my best character. I easily rack up AP at super speeds, I OK with his LVL1, a beast with his LVL 2 (I can time it so I wreak havoc so easily) and well... Auto-Kill LVL3s are my type of LVL3. It's a sure kill... Nothing to it. But besides the fact that I'm great with his levels I just get AP at incredible speeds in great volume with him.
---
"No horsing around though. This isnt the time for games. It's time for serious fun."
Bartz-Dissadia Final Fantasy
#16boy_luckPosted 4/29/2014 9:55:20 AM
SS-Tier posted...
boy_luck posted...
SS-Tier posted...
PirateKing290 posted...

No, Radec is still the worst character in the game by far. That said, Spike is now really bad, too, which is sad.

Radec, the worst? Lol no. Atleast Radec has an easier burst now off grab and has a good super set and better moveset than Spike. Spike can only get one kill no matter what super, doing everything with Spike is a hassle with his bad moveset.

Lol, you obviously have no idea what you're talking about. Spike has a bad moveset? Lmao, his is one of the best in the game. He is only held back by having THE worst set of supers out of the entire cast. He is a living contrast: stellar moveset with abysmal supers. (Further proof that the super system is absolutely terrible, btw, but that's another story).

Radec, on the other hand, is no longer the useless, AP-awarding punching bag he was. He is marginally better, now. His lvl1 and lvl2 are decent at best. His lvl3 is excellent, but good luck getting there with Radec's ridiculously bad moveset. Lol.
---
The gamefaqs mods are heavy drinkers.
Sora is a terrible character... just awful!
#17legendofskylandPosted 4/29/2014 10:37:07 AM
SS-Tier posted...
boy_luck posted...
SS-Tier posted...
PirateKing290 posted...

lol only one kill per super? Then explain how i won a free for all kill limit match with only 2 level-2 supers. I'v even gotten a fair amount of level 1 double kills.
#18DireProphecyPosted 4/29/2014 5:05:36 PM
Toro and Spike are the two worst characters imo, and it basically comes down to supers. Moveset doesn't mean jack when it comes time to KO people.
---
3DS Friend Code: 0130-2123-8328
#19SS-TierPosted 4/29/2014 6:00:33 PM
boy_luck posted...
SS-Tier posted...
boy_luck posted...
SS-Tier posted...
PirateKing290 posted...

Lol, you obviously have no idea what you're talking about. Spike has a bad moveset? Lmao, his is one of the best in the game. He is only held back by having THE worst set of supers out of the entire cast. He is a living contrast: stellar moveset with abysmal supers. (Further proof that the super system is absolutely terrible, btw, but that's another story).

Radec, on the other hand, is no longer the useless, AP-awarding punching bag he was. He is marginally better, now. His lvl1 and lvl2 are decent at best. His lvl3 is excellent, but good luck getting there with Radec's ridiculously bad moveset. Lol.

Lol I have no idea what I'm talking about? Coming from the guy saying Spike has one of the best moveset in the game, LOL. I'm done, he's the worst character with Zeus. Radec even wins that MU vs Spike 5.5-4.5 so yeah shutup lol.....
---
PSN: SS-Tier
Evil Cole be my main ///// PSASBR = Love/Hate Relationship
#20Ginta2468Posted 4/29/2014 6:40:08 PM
I see people on this board think Spike is better than he actually is. Most of the community considers him the only low tier besides Zeus. SS-tier has been around a bit, this isn't just his opinion. I use Spike myself as a secondary, and even I can say while I can wreck quick matches with him, he is still pretty bad. Better than 1.10 jak, but not better than the overall cast. He's still pretty ok in 2v2, but anyone in that mode is really. If players know how to actually fight Spike instead of falling for his gimmicks, than people can truly see how bad he actually is. Like I said though, still pretty ok in 2v2, 1v1 bottom 2, and FFA...well his supers certainly aren't the best for multi kills unless your opponents are completely distracted.

And for what is worth, he basically did mostly receive nerfs, even the hula hoop "buff" hurts his 1.10 burst combo and d. square-d. triangle-d.square gives more AP than anything you can do with the hula hoop, which still isn't much. He has an up grab combo...that gives 40-45 AP reliably...
Idk how you can say Radec is the worst if you seen some of these Radec's play with their mastery of spacing and getting bursts off almost every hit.
---
When I am under pressure, I fail REALLY hard...