Guys...

#11blazin640Posted 4/28/2014 10:27:06 PM
JuicyHamburg3r posted...
First of all not a troll post.

Second: This guy speaks rationally. He recognizes that there is truth in what I'm saying. And I just had to rant on this board because I really don't know how people could in my opinion, sell a part of their souls just to have the satisfaction of winning. I've been playing this game for a long ass time. Like back when people thought Sir Dan was like the best and people used him a lot. (Along with Kratos and Nariko and I think Raiden I remember a period like tha before AP bursts and such existed. I think Sir Dan's kill confirm was the first invented.) and really I've gotten over the fact that this community is terrible but I wanted to speak my mind. I mean at least they could 1V1 but some don't even do that.

Also "Jaks Gravity gun does more damage? We totally gotta make an AP burst with it." maybe they did it cause they recognized the move sucked...? Maybe for one moment you could think they realized it was a sucky attack and didn't make it stronger so people could make an AP burst and spam it...?

I don't like some of the community as much as you do. Filled with some arrogant jerks that think they are good because they are getting lucky and quit and blame it on something else when they lose. Drives me crazy at times so I understand your rage. I was just saying your post wasn't a trolling post so that other people wouldn't say it was. Beating these guys with terrible characters is what keeps me going. Just try to beat your morals into people and they won't disrespect you. And if they keep disrespecting you then you know that they aren't worth your time and are idiots. Overall if you can try ignore the community and you're having fun then I say thats all that matters.

Apparently fun for some people is just winning (no matter what the cost). I find that really dumb but if thats what they like then whatever. Just makes it 10x more satisfying when you beat them, especially when you beat them enough times to where they rage quit when they see your name. You obviously understand what respect is so you shouldn't concern yourself with the people that I've mentioned above.
---
Life is just one big hit confirm. No matter how many times you dodge and block it, sooner or later you're f***ed.
#12blazin640Posted 4/28/2014 10:38:24 PM
but I have met some amazing people from all stars that I keep in contact with almost every day since release. I've also had some great friends that have come and gone. There are some good people in the game. Just gotta look hard.

I've met a good amount of people from hate mail by responding to them with jokes lol. I won't bore you anymore but I just thought I should share. People are complicated creatures.
---
Life is just one big hit confirm. No matter how many times you dodge and block it, sooner or later you're f***ed.
#13jacks_wasd_lifePosted 4/28/2014 11:29:40 PM
Stanger5150 posted...
Spam? In a game like this, everyone spams, even you. You may not notice it, but you do.

I don't know how many times my Drake has been called a spammer, let alone by people like kratos and kat. People really need to get this.
---
Super Smash Bros was just the beginning. Now it's moved out of the basement. It's called project All-Stars.
#14TheJButtonPosted 4/29/2014 2:07:52 AM
1) Just because you don't like someones playstyle doesn't mean they're a bad player or person, unless they trash talk.
2) It is very easy to bait opponents who "spam" or constantly use a moves leading to a kill confirm.
3) Using kill confirms does not diminish from a players skill and should not be used as an argument because better players will still win without them should people agree on not using them.
4) Jak's kill confirm was not intentional. Not that it matters much since his approach did not get any better.
5) =3
---
Truth does not exist. Knowledge does not change. Change does not bring truth.
#15JuicyHamburg3r(Topic Creator)Posted 4/29/2014 4:14:23 AM
Well, looks like you gamefaqs guys know where I'm coming from. TBH I thought I'd be talking directly to you guys but guess not. Also I don't have that much of a problem with kill confirms compared to spamming. It's just that people are legit scared to press the R2 button without a confirm. They spend so long trying to do the kill confirm when I saw they at many ample opportunities to kill me normally.

I particularly have a vendetta against Drakes and Kratos. Other than Kat, they are the worst. I even bet Kratos wouldn't be that good if his attacks didn't have so much range. (His LVL1 also travels miles.)

People just build these sets of moves they repeat again and again like a robot. I like those awesome Dantes that do they're own thing I'm like: "You go, Dante." because you can do some crazy stuff besides the routine combos with Dante.

Also one thing: One of the reasons I don't use Cole and Kratos etc. is because I'm not good with them. For me it's just so hard to use them. Because as I said, I do my own thing and I just can't seem to chain moves together or use them well. Is that weird?
---
"No horsing around though. This isnt the time for games. It's time for serious fun."
Bartz-Dissadia Final Fantasy
#16boy_luckPosted 4/29/2014 10:03:09 AM
While I do agree that the community for this game is definitely one of the ultimate worst of all in the history of gaming, as basically 99% of it is comprised by the most abject, disgusting, contemptible, worthless filth on the planet (mostly from people on this board, btw), I'm guessing TC has never played games like Dark Souls or COD.

Also, watch U/MVC3, SF4 tournaments if you're complaining about spam.
---
The gamefaqs mods are heavy drinkers.
Sora is a terrible character... just awful!
#17DavidgraymanPosted 4/29/2014 10:10:47 AM(edited)
I'm sorry but your logic is silly. Why SHOULDN'T people use AP burst and hit confirms? They make the game more interesting and there is no reason not to use them. The truth is your just frustrated because your confining yourself to a set of rules (no HC, etc.) and are mad because no one else is following them. As someone who mained Sweet Tooth almost exclusively I completely 100% understand why someone would play as Kratos and Raiden. This game is imbalanced and you are disadvantaged by playing a character like Radec or Big Daddy. The fault isn't so much the player as it the developer. The object of the game is to win, not to let everyone have fun (once again the developers job), so it shouldn't be very surprising that people are playing high tier characters. Clearly you don't play many fighting game. Let me put it to you like this, if you were playing a racing game and you had a choice between a Formula One car or a Toyota Prius, you would hands down pick the Prius. And if the Formula One car could drift but the Prius could not, you bet your ass you would drift at every chance you get.

As far as the worst community on earth goes, you'll find most of the people in PSASBR community much more friendly than CoD, Dota, CS:GO, LoL, WoW, etc. Might I add that those community have hackers that literally make it so that no one else can have. Might I also suggest that your rage really should not be directed at the people at this board as there are still players who do not play top tier exclusively. All that being said I understand where your coming from but unfortunately that's the nature of the beast.

TL:DR Case in point if you have a problem with the way people online, either play with like minded friends or play something else.
---
The official Pepsimaaaaaaaaaaaaaan of the PSASBR board.
http://tinyurl.com/pepsimanisking
#18SS-TierPosted 4/29/2014 12:26:17 PM
JuicyHamburg3r posted...
Do you know that you are THE worst community on earth?

You guys have traded dignity, honor and fun for self-satisfaction.

You guys are absolute scum. First if all; Kill confirms. Is it that hard to time something right so you get a kill? Really? Cause I beat people everyday without kill confirming ONCE.

Second: Spamming. Oh you guys are the biggest spammers on earth. Here's what a typical person does on All-Stars: Pick one combo usually an AP burst you went on Youtube to learn because you realized you arent skilled enough to come up with combos yourself (Or you learned from sonebody else), to spam along with a side move or two, then you use the same kill confirm again and again, usually spamming the kill confirm move just so you can have that moment of satisfaction when it hits and you do the move. Or you use your level 3. And the fact that you cannot land a hit, that you're afraid to press the R2 button without a kill confirm totally helps your case in proving how good you are.

AP Bursts: The proof that all of you suck at this game except for the creators of the combos. You all do the exact same thing. And if it isnt't an AP burst it's probably some typical cheap combo everyone else uses.

Characters: You all use the same guys to boot. Cheap guys none the less. Kratos. Drake. The Coles. Kat. Raiden. SackBoy. Ratchet. Issac. Nariko. Etc. and even the characters that aren't cheap you managed to turn cheap. Like I didn't always think SackBoy was cheap. Toros and Sir Dans and Jaks are going around being cheap. Like a character gets a buff for his weakest move so you can use it. First thing you do. Make a AP burst with that move in it and spam the combo. You know what! I first got this game and one of the first things that came out of my mouth was "Drake sucks" this was before all the BS started too. Cause if you even tried to use Drake as a normal character, and you know, put variety into his moves, you won't get anywhere in life. Cole was such an indirect character with his moves that it was hard to use him and now you transformed him into some combo master. You turned Radec into a melee character, great job guys. SackBoy had potential but you destroyed that. Sweet Tooths are up there with the biggest spammers all there are are mines and shotguns then a machete LVL 1. Kratos even defies the laws of VIDEO GAME physics with his chain grab move . Drake literally kicks a barrel, shoots an AK and that's it thats all you do. Oh and slide kick. Good job on mastering Drake, it took a max of 4 moves! And gues what his slides, barrels and AK all defy the lead if physics to. Kat could've been great but they made a mistake when they gave her a gravity pull, and the abillity to fly. Cause that's all she does. Even Toro spams. And some negate the existence of Torobi and (Mochi?) Toro and end up failing against me because you just keep those guys at a distance with long to midrange attacks. Because Justice Toro only has close ranged moves. Fat Princess is the spam princess of all the land with because like Kratos' and Drakes etc. they seem to know one combo. Hmmm.. Don't get me started on ratchet. You managed to turn him into something messed up six ways from Sunday. Zeus has no variety at all... Emmett spams. Dante has more AP bursts then I cab count. The list goes on.

A question: How do you even enjoy yourself playing like that?

A question: Why are you here complaining? Go play some other game.
---
PSN: SS-Tier
Evil Cole be my main ///// PSASBR = Love/Hate Relationship
#19Aquoon_onlyPosted 4/29/2014 1:44:26 PM(edited)
SS-Tier posted...
JuicyHamburg3r posted...

He said, worst community, not worst game.

And i agree with some of his arguments,
there are some people who rely on KC only.

Unfortunally for some of us,
this game is not skill based only.

When they first announced this game i was like "oh boy, finally we are gonna have our how smash bros",
at first everyone was newbie and the game was cool,
but now the ToD contest is all over, and people are just combo-this, combo-that...
---
ID: Aquoon
#20Stanger5150Posted 4/29/2014 2:28:41 PM
Aquoon_only posted...
SS-Tier posted...
JuicyHamburg3r posted...

He said, worst community, not worst game.

And i agree with some of his arguments,
there are some people who rely on KC only.

Unfortunally for some of us,
this game is not skill based only.

When they first announced this game i was like "oh boy, finally we are gonna have our how smash bros",
at first everyone was newbie and the game was cool,
but now the ToD contest is all over, and people are just combo-this, combo-that...

Are you implying that most KCs take no skill? If you fall into a KC, just like if you're hit by a raw super, it's because you made a mistake. Ever KC is avoidable.
---
PSN/NN- BlackRain8782
2600, NES, SMS, GB, Lynx, Genesis, TG-16, SNES, Game Gear, Jaguar, PS1, Saturn, N64, GBC, DC, PS2, GCN, GBA, DS, Wii, PS3, 3DS, Wii U