Official Campaign for a sequel.

#11boy_luckPosted 7/9/2014 11:55:45 AM
legendofskyland posted...
lol you're in denial, saying i read something that i didn't. Sorry you spent so much time typing that out. You feel better now?

Lol, I don't give a crap if you read it or not. I just find you raging fanboys hilarious. The denial must be crushing.
---
The gamefaqs mods are heavy drinkers.
#12legendofskylandPosted 7/9/2014 12:04:41 PM
boy_luck posted...
lol you're in denial, saying i read something that i didn't. Sorry you spent so much time typing that out. You feel better now?

Lol, I don't give a crap if you read it or not. I just find you raging fanboys hilarious. The denial must be crushing.

1, I don't see any raging fanboys around here

2,it seems I'm the only one here who bothered to humor your little hate fit and i'v been nothing but calm.

I guess now you're in denial about the amount of attention you're getting.
#13boy_luckPosted 7/9/2014 12:09:48 PM
boy_luck posted...

2,it seems I'm the only one here who bothered to humor your little hate fit and i'v been nothing but calm.

Hate fit? You're evidently delusional. I fail to see this "hate" you talk about.

At any rate, the fact that you bothered quote me on my first post means I rubbed some kind of nerve. Oops, I guess, lol.
---
#14SSBR10(Topic Creator)Posted 7/9/2014 12:10:08 PM
First of all, the biggest problem for the game was the lack of maketing. If it had that, it would have been a success for sure, especially with how good the game is.

Second, the appearance of the 3rd party characters people expected would have actually helped the game so you can say that the companies behind them take some of the blame for not being cooperative. Had they done and with enough marketing, this game certainly wouldn't have flopped.

Third, if Sony didn't care, this game wouldn't have been made. Simple as that. Since the game is made and they still left the possibility open of a sequel, saying that they don't care is a ridiculous claim.

Fourth, it would be a long time before there is a follow up to Smash Bros. WiiU/3DS. That would be plenty of time for a sequel to PSASBR to be made and get enough attention from gamers to be a success. It all depends on the timing.

So never count out a sequel, especially since so many fans still want it.
---
Mortal Kombat vs. Street Fighter
Tekken vs. Dead or Alive, Shonen Jump vs. Capcom please
#15legendofskylandPosted 7/9/2014 12:19:53 PM
boy_luck posted...
boy_luck posted...

Hate fit? You're evidently delusional. I fail to see this "hate" you talk about.

At any rate, the fact that you bothered quote me on my first post means I rubbed some kind of nerve. Oops, I guess, lol.

I guess you got pretty salty after you got served in the topic you made solely to trash the game if you are now throwing a b**** fit in the sequel support topic.
#16boy_luckPosted 7/9/2014 12:34:43 PM
boy_luck posted...
boy_luck posted...

I guess you got pretty salty after you got served in the topic you made solely to trash the game if you are now throwing a b**** fit in the sequel support topic.

See all the vitriol you're spewing as the raging fanboy you are? Tsk, tsk, such anger, smh.

Please refer to topic creator's grown-up response to my organized argumentation. It'll be a lesson in both anger management and adult discussion.
---
#17legendofskylandPosted 7/9/2014 12:46:55 PM
boy_luck posted...

See all the vitriol you're spewing as the raging fanboy you are? Tsk, tsk, such anger, smh.

Please refer to topic creator's grown-up response to my organized argumentation. It'll be a lesson in both anger management and adult discussion.

See all the vitriol you're spewing

Must be that wild imagination of yours

raging fanboy you are

I'v been nothing but calm with you

Tsk, tsk, such anger, smh.

condescending. Stay classy

topic creator's grown-up response

Yes it's a lovely response

adult discussion

Oh yeah, I'm sure
#18boy_luckPosted 7/9/2014 3:55:06 PM
SSBR10 posted...
First of all, the biggest problem for the game was the lack of maketing. If it had that, it would have been a success for sure, especially with how good the game is.

Second, the appearance of the 3rd party characters people expected would have actually helped the game so you can say that the companies behind them take some of the blame for not being cooperative. Had they done and with enough marketing, this game certainly wouldn't have flopped.

Third, if Sony didn't care, this game wouldn't have been made. Simple as that. Since the game is made and they still left the possibility open of a sequel, saying that they don't care is a ridiculous claim.

Fourth, it would be a long time before there is a follow up to Smash Bros. WiiU/3DS. That would be plenty of time for a sequel to PSASBR to be made and get enough attention from gamers to be a success. It all depends on the timing.

So never count out a sequel, especially since so many fans still want it.

I agree, had the game received more marketing, it would have caused some waves, but at its current state, PSASBR just doesn't have the huge fanbase this board and others in delusion believe and in all honesty, I don't think it ever did.

I also agree that 3rd party characters like Bandicoot and FF reps could have potentially made this a huge success, but alas, Sony did not go at full lengths, especially because it is company with every power to do so, to get any character worthy of gathering a crowd. That is why Sony didn't care. They were trying to build a franchise out of the Playstation All-stars name, with Battle Royale being the flagship, but it was obvious it was nothing but a foreseeable botched experiment since they created a half-assed team like Supertbot and gave their newborn baby to a bunch of pseudoexperienced employees. Sony simply didn't care. They never did.

I don't know where you came up with the information that there was room for a sequel. I don't think anyone has stated anything related to that other than the usual "stay tuned" malarkey.

By the time SSB hits the stores, it would have built (it actually currently is) enough momentum to last a lifetime and therefore draining any interest in whatever faulty attempt Sony hurls this way. Knowing Nintendo's business model, once Sony or whatever other company announces a sequel, they'll have some dlc, expansion or even further iteration of SSB to negate any other impact competitors would try to exert.

The truth is that the PSASBR franchise's future looks grim and lonely... little light sheds that way.
---
#19SSBR10(Topic Creator)Posted 7/9/2014 4:36:52 PM
Sony likely did as much as they could to get those characters but in the end, it's still up to the 3rd party companies so if anybody didn't care, those them, not Sony.

Shuhei Yoshida said not to rule out a sequel so from the looks of it, they haven't truly given up on it and they shouldn't.

Smash Bros. lifetime wouldn't have any effect on news regarding PlayStation All-Stars. They may be into Smash Bros. at that moment but that doesn't mean they won't see what PlayStation All-Stars has to offer. Really, all it needs (besides better marketing) is characters like Crash, Spyro, Cloud, and Lara Croft, and fans would come flocking to it in droves.
---
Mortal Kombat vs. Street Fighter
Tekken vs. Dead or Alive, Shonen Jump vs. Capcom please
#20boy_luckPosted 7/10/2014 12:40:27 PM
SSBR10 posted...
Sony likely did as much as they could to get those characters but in the end, it's still up to the 3rd party companies so if anybody didn't care, those them, not Sony.

Shuhei Yoshida said not to rule out a sequel so from the looks of it, they haven't truly given up on it and they shouldn't.

Smash Bros. lifetime wouldn't have any effect on news regarding PlayStation All-Stars. They may be into Smash Bros. at that moment but that doesn't mean they won't see what PlayStation All-Stars has to offer. Really, all it needs (besides better marketing) is characters like Crash, Spyro, Cloud, and Lara Croft, and fans would come flocking to it in droves.

You're probably right on most accounts, but on Sony's approach on not caring I know I'm right. Sony could've easily not only convince, but even coerce companies like Activision or Squeenix to fork over their characters. Sony's gaming division alone is infinitely more powerful than any IP holder in the gaming industry (save for monsters the likes of Nintendo and Microsoft, of course). The game was just minor experiment for Sony.

In any case, while it's true that known faces could make a sequel (which I honestly don't see ever happening) very successful, there are a lot of fundamental flaws that make this game a broken mess. Such flaws need urgent addressing. So no, famous characters aren't the only thing this game would eventually need.
---