Anyone else getting a lot of hate messages recently?

#1SMAP-Posted 6/29/2014 9:18:40 PM
I've been playing since launch and I've never really had people message me outside of invites and friend requests... This past month or so every time I've played I've had some 12 year olds messaging me about how much I suck... I'm not playing any differently than I always have? It's weird
---
i wiped my butt with my hand because i thought it felt good then i'd wipe it on the toilet paper and i would wash my hands off with no soap -xX_PaulBlart_Xx
#2TheJButtonPosted 6/29/2014 11:23:50 PM
Vantonio.
---
Truth does not exist. Knowledge does not change. Change does not bring truth.
#3CommonDreadsPosted 6/30/2014 12:48:25 AM
TheJButton posted...
Vantonio.

He's a b****. He's the definition of being a piece of s***
---
FC: 1848-2177-9464
Pokemon ign Landon
#4TheJButtonPosted 6/30/2014 2:06:27 AM
CommonDreads posted...
TheJButton posted...
Vantonio.

Heh. Your telling me...I've gotten about 20 unbelievably childish hate messages a few days ago from him.

I challenged him to 1v1 after receiving PMs out of QM and he accepted. I used my subs to see how he plays before I'd use my main. After he beat all three ONCE, I beat him six consecutive times with my main and he rage quits. I offered to let him fight my subs since he thought my main was just a bad matchup, but he said that he had already beaten them and insisted that there's no need to play me again and that a mutual friend of ours (at the time) agreed. I deleted him and the mutual friend deleted me. I couldn't care less about fighting him again since I have nothing to prove.

One of many reasons I only play on request now.
---
Truth does not exist. Knowledge does not change. Change does not bring truth.
#5CommonDreadsPosted 6/30/2014 1:25:57 PM
TheJButton posted...
CommonDreads posted...
TheJButton posted...
Vantonio.

Heh. Your telling me...I've gotten about 20 unbelievably childish hate messages a few days ago from him.

I challenged him to 1v1 after receiving PMs out of QM and he accepted. I used my subs to see how he plays before I'd use my main. After he beat all three ONCE, I beat him six consecutive times with my main and he rage quits. I offered to let him fight my subs since he thought my main was just a bad matchup, but he said that he had already beaten them and insisted that there's no need to play me again and that a mutual friend of ours (at the time) agreed. I deleted him and the mutual friend deleted me. I couldn't care less about fighting him again since I have nothing to prove.

One of many reasons I only play on request now.

He's always such an ass on quick match. I bet he thinks people hate him because he is 'good' but when in reality no one likes him as a player
---
FC: 1848-2177-9464
Pokemon ign Landon
#6Doom_JPosted 7/1/2014 3:34:04 PM
Lol I know that vantonio guy. He's a c***. I kicked his ass with a number of subs, he beat me 2/5 in wknd and started thinking he was good, haha
#7ImDyinSquirtlePosted 7/2/2014 9:45:38 AM
Oddly enough, I actually know who vantonio is

I used to fight him in ranked a lot. He's not terrible

But he tends to rage quit when he loses
---
Help me Squirtle, dont just stand there...Im freaking dying
#8Arc166Posted 7/2/2014 10:38:32 AM
i just get people rage quitting all the time

im not even good at this

its rlly annoying i just want to level my chars
#9AMP1317Posted 7/7/2014 5:59:21 PM
My guess is because a lot of people purchased it during the $5 sale. So, since we got a population increase, the amount of hatemail rises too. Especially for those who aren't used to the metagame. I.e. Jumpjumpjumpjump.
---
"May the glistening chrome of the Borg Queen shed her light upon us all"
"Remember when you eat, you're just a vacuum with nipples."
#10Stanger5150Posted 7/7/2014 7:09:39 PM
AMP1317 posted...
My guess is because a lot of people purchased it during the $5 sale. So, since we got a population increase, the amount of hatemail rises too. Especially for those who aren't used to the metagame. I.e. Jumpjumpjumpjump.

It gives me an opportunity to invite new players to teach them mechanics like tech chasing, which I really enjoy.
---
PSN/NN: BlackRain8782
2600, NES, SMS, GB, Lynx, Genesis, TG16, SNES, Game Gear, Jaguar, PS1, Saturn, N64, GBC, DC, PS2, GCN, GBA, DS, Wii, PS3, 3DS, Wii U, PS4