Anyone else getting a lot of hate messages recently?

#11AMP1317Posted 7/8/2014 3:11:34 PM
Stanger5150 posted...
AMP1317 posted...
My guess is because a lot of people purchased it during the $5 sale. So, since we got a population increase, the amount of hatemail rises too. Especially for those who aren't used to the metagame. I.e. Jumpjumpjumpjump.

It gives me an opportunity to invite new players to teach them mechanics like tech chasing, which I really enjoy.

I definitely agree with that.
It's fun having more eyes in the game to discover new things or have different playstyles.
Though I used to get a lot if hatemail before and now it's just random spurts here and there.

There are at least 2 people I always run into who recognize me, and I them, and tbag at the start of the match. Or exclusively try to kill only me.
---
"May the glistening chrome of the Borg Queen shed her light upon us all"
"Remember when you eat, you're just a vacuum with nipples."
#12Stanger5150Posted 7/8/2014 5:52:12 PM
AMP1317 posted...
Stanger5150 posted...
AMP1317 posted...
My guess is because a lot of people purchased it during the $5 sale. So, since we got a population increase, the amount of hatemail rises too. Especially for those who aren't used to the metagame. I.e. Jumpjumpjumpjump.

It gives me an opportunity to invite new players to teach them mechanics like tech chasing, which I really enjoy.

I definitely agree with that.
It's fun having more eyes in the game to discover new things or have different playstyles.
Though I used to get a lot if hatemail before and now it's just random spurts here and there.

There are at least 2 people I always run into who recognize me, and I them, and tbag at the start of the match. Or exclusively try to kill only me.

That cracks me up! There are some newer players that do that with my brother and I. One guy starts every match where he has a new partner saying "double team that Sly! Take him out first!" He still hasn't learned two things: 1. I thrive when being double teamed and 2. My brother is a very competent Sir Dan and loves hitting R2 after I pop them up with up square.
---
PSN/NN: BlackRain8782
2600, NES, SMS, GB, Lynx, Genesis, TG16, SNES, Game Gear, Jaguar, PS1, Saturn, N64, GBC, DC, PS2, GCN, GBA, DS, Wii, PS3, 3DS, Wii U, PS4