I can't believe the hype for this game was 2 years ago

#1SaikyoBroPosted 7/8/2014 11:30:11 AM(edited)
That seems like so long ago.

Everything was so promising, too. They had such a good showing at E3 and Evo, and that Hong Kong beta that was so fun... and eventually led to a massive leak lol. In every interview Summer 2012 they sounded so optimistic, and like they were trying so hard to make a game that was fun and balanced while also full of Playstation fanservice. Every time they asked Omar about stuff like Crash or Spyro or a Final Fantasy character he'd dodge the question in a way that sounded so optimistic. I remember he was like "Crash would never be DLC, if he's in you can expect him in the full game!" and "We haven't announced a Final Fantasy character yet, but stay tuned!". It really seemed like everything was going to go so well.

And then, it... well, didn't.

RIP All-Stars, while I'm not a fan of the final product it was certainly a fun hype train to ride.
---
Add me on Skype! loggo89
#2Stanger5150Posted 7/8/2014 6:30:47 PM
To each their own. For me, the game more than met my expectations, and I even like it more than Smash.
---
PSN/NN: BlackRain8782
2600, NES, SMS, GB, Lynx, Genesis, TG16, SNES, Game Gear, Jaguar, PS1, Saturn, N64, GBC, DC, PS2, GCN, GBA, DS, Wii, PS3, 3DS, Wii U, PS4
#3itsmeaustinPosted 7/9/2014 6:37:39 AM
The months leading up to PSAS were full of major and damaging leaks, wasted opportunity for announcements (I remember staying up with some members for TGS to see if there was going to be any announcements... there wasn't), nonstop trolls, and Paul mother****ing Gale spreading nonsense and lies.

I would say good riddance, but I have some strange nostalgia attached to this game. It isn't very good, but for some reason I just can't help but like this game.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNgxyL5zEAk
#4SSBR10Posted 7/9/2014 12:18:15 PM
itsmeaustin posted...
The months leading up to PSAS were full of major and damaging leaks, wasted opportunity for announcements (I remember staying up with some members for TGS to see if there was going to be any announcements... there wasn't), nonstop trolls, and Paul mother****ing Gale spreading nonsense and lies.

I would say good riddance, but I have some strange nostalgia attached to this game. It isn't very good, but for some reason I just can't help but like this game.

Well, it has to be good for you to like it. The gameplay sure is good and fun. Plus, Sony's very own Super Smash Bros.? What's not to like about that idea? Plus, the number of potential characters (both Sony and 3rd party) that would have been awesome to have in this game just makes me (and others) want some much more...and that's why I not only still play this game but I also want a sequel so bad.
---
Mortal Kombat vs. Street Fighter
Tekken vs. Dead or Alive, Shonen Jump vs. Capcom please
#5SaikyoBro(Topic Creator)Posted 7/9/2014 7:21:16 PM(edited)
itsmeaustin posted...

I feel ya dude. I remember when it came out and I had 3 friends over and we literally played all night... it seemed like everything had gone as planned and the game was awesome. Then you skip ahead a few months and people are finding the most broken tech imaginable, SuperBot blows their opportunity to patch stuff, they put out DLC characters that seem like they were barely even tested, then they give control of the game to a company that took months to show any sign of them caring about the game... sigh.

I will tell anyone who asks me that this game is not good, but I know that it was really close and had the potential to be something awesome.

EDIT: Oh my God, don't get me started on TGS. Omar had said the month before they'd have a reveal there, and I was with 2 friends that night so I convinced them to stay up until 4:00 am and watch with me... only to be met with a guy coming out and dancing in a Toro suit and a showing of a trailer that had already been released earlier that week. I was so mad the next day lmao
---
Add me on Skype! loggo89
#6ImDyinSquirtlePosted 7/10/2014 3:57:38 AM
This game had so much potential, and considering that it was made by a small inexperienced studio, I'd say it came out reasonably decent.

Lots of flaws, sure, but what we got is still an enjoyable casual game
---
Help me Squirtle, dont just stand there...Im freaking dying