So Smash gets Rayman and PSASBR doesn't?

#11NewMoonShadow(Topic Creator)Posted 7/15/2014 4:05:06 PM
MrCrazyFace98 posted...
You poor fool. Rayman is not getting in done deal.

Okay, why make him a trophy then? I have seen no naysayers answer this question. Why would he pay Ubisoft to stick a Rayman trophy in his game? Especially if, as you say, the game is about "glorifying Nintendo".
#12GeneralPenguPosted 7/15/2014 4:06:08 PM
As I said above, Sakurai uses in-game models to make his playable character trophies. If Rayman were in, why import him from an outside source? "Why would they want want if Rayman weren't playable" for a plethora of reasons actually. Advertisement, to support the Wii U , so that Rayman has his face out there so that he can be an actual playable character in the next game, etc. And who said Nintendo paid Ubisoft? Maybe Ubisoft gave it to them at the price of millions of copies being sold for increasing Rayman's popularity.

He did answer your question. Rayman isn't in the game. He is a trophy. Get your facts straight.
---
Captain Toad, K.K Slider, Wonder Red, Duck Hunt Dog, Shulk, and Karate Joe for Wii U and 3ds!
#13MrCrazyFace98Posted 7/15/2014 4:06:09 PM
NewMoonShadow posted...
MrCrazyFace98 posted...

Okay, why make him a trophy then? I have seen no naysayers answer this question. Why would he pay Ubisoft to stick a Rayman trophy in his game? Especially if, as you say, the game is about "glorifying Nintendo".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7EpgBSOKqA
have fun
---
http://imgur.com/G5HM5y4~My PREDICTION for SSB4
#14Terraforce777Posted 7/15/2014 4:11:11 PM
NewMoonShadow posted...
Terraforce777 posted...
Also to even further this , Sakurai stated that he wanted to keep third party characters to a completely MINIMUM. He already has three, and if there's going to be a fourth, it would be Snake due to him already having an importable model.

He said that during the production of Brawl, when he also said the Animal Crossing Villager wouldn't be a viable fighter. Minds change over time.

He also stated that again during SSB4's development. If Rayman were somehow getting in, Snake would get in first, meaning that would make 5 third party characters. That's beyond HIGHLY unlikely. This situation is different from Villager's as Smash Bros. is a series to glorify Nintendo. Five characters from other companies is taking away from what he wants. This point is only intensified by all of the points above.

Face it, he's not in.

It's just a trophy. Why add a Miles Tails trophy if he isn't playable? Why add Metal Gear music from a MGS that isn't even on a Nintendo game?

You act like Sakurai BEGGED Ubisoft for Rayman. Ibis oft probably have Sakurai Rayman for advertisement purposes.

You keep ignoring all of the main irrefutable points. Sakurai doesn't like Spoilers, he hasn't shown characters prior to reveal, Sakurai said trophy characters aren't playable, Rayman has literally NO hype even after showing the trophy, Ubisoft gave him the model to import while EVERY OTHER model is made through the in game engine, wants less third party characters , etc.

You remind me of the poor chums who thought Rayman would be our Monday reveal as Sakurai showed the trophy early Monday morning right before the new reveal.
---
R-Ridley is the exception!
People these days...
#15NewMoonShadow(Topic Creator)Posted 7/15/2014 4:11:22 PM
MrCrazyFace98 posted...
NewMoonShadow posted...
MrCrazyFace98 posted...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7EpgBSOKqA
have fun

No thanks, not interested in the inane rambling of YouTube Boob #5,672
#16Terraforce777Posted 7/15/2014 4:11:39 PM
GeneralPengu posted...
As I said above, Sakurai uses in-game models to make his playable character trophies. If Rayman were in, why import him from an outside source? "Why would they want want if Rayman weren't playable" for a plethora of reasons actually. Advertisement, to support the Wii U , so that Rayman has his face out there so that he can be an actual playable character in the next game, etc. And who said Nintendo paid Ubisoft? Maybe Ubisoft gave it to them at the price of millions of copies being sold for increasing Rayman's popularity.

He did answer your question. Rayman isn't in the game. He is a trophy. Get your facts straight.

Pengu! It's you!
---
People these days...
#17GeneralPenguPosted 7/15/2014 4:12:39 PM
Terraforce777 posted...
GeneralPengu posted...

Pengu! It's you!

I came to assist.
---
Captain Toad, K.K Slider, Wonder Red, Duck Hunt Dog, Shulk, and Karate Joe for Wii U and 3ds!
#18Terraforce777Posted 7/15/2014 4:14:45 PM
GeneralPengu posted...
Terraforce777 posted...
GeneralPengu posted...

Pengu! It's you!

I came to assist.

Hahaha, thanks. Do you even go to the Smash Board anymore?
---
People these days...
#19NewMoonShadow(Topic Creator)Posted 7/15/2014 4:16:55 PM
It's just a trophy. Why add a Miles Tails trophy if he isn't playable? Why add Metal Gear music from a MGS that isn't even on a Nintendo game?

You act like Sakurai BEGGED Ubisoft for Rayman. Ibis oft probably have Sakurai Rayman for advertisement purposes.

... To advertise what, exactly? Rayman Legends came out almost a year ago, and to my knowledge there isn't another Rayman game in the works right now.

And you'd add Metal Gear music because Snake is in the game. I mean... that seems obvious...

You keep ignoring all of the main irrefutable points. Sakurai doesn't like Spoilers, he hasn't shown characters prior to reveal,

He showed Mr. Game & Watch in the Pac-Man trailer, and he hasn't been officially revealed yet either, for this game. Is he definitely not playable too?

Sakurai said trophy characters aren't playable, Rayman has literally NO hype even after showing the trophy, Ubisoft gave him the model to import while EVERY OTHER model is made through the in game engine, wants less third party characters , etc.

Don't all playable characters have trophies in every game though? I was under the assumption "trophy characters" meant Assist Trophies, not random collectible trophies. Playable characters always have multiple collectible trophies associated with them.

Also 4 or 5 out of 40+ is not "a lot" by any stretch of the imagination. I think you're exaggerating what "a few" means.

You remind me of the poor chums who thought Rayman would be our Monday reveal as Sakurai showed the trophy early Monday morning right before the new reveal.

I did think Rayman would be the reveal, actually, and I can't think of a reason for me not to have. I was wrong, it happens, but I honestly see no reason for Rayman to have anything to do with the game if he's not playable.
#20GeneralPenguPosted 7/15/2014 4:18:54 PM
Rayman isn't playable. Get it through your head.

All your points can be easily countered, and they have been.
---