So Smash gets Rayman and PSASBR doesn't?

#21Terraforce777Posted 7/15/2014 3:29:07 PM
NewMoonShadow posted...
It's just a trophy. Why add a Miles Tails trophy if he isn't playable? Why add Metal Gear music from a MGS that isn't even on a Nintendo game?

You act like Sakurai BEGGED Ubisoft for Rayman. Ibis oft probably have Sakurai Rayman for advertisement purposes.

... To advertise what, exactly? Rayman Legends came out almost a year ago, and to my knowledge there isn't another Rayman game in the works right now.

And you'd add Metal Gear music because Snake is in the game. I mean... that seems obvious...
You clearly ignored my other point. Firstly you can still advertise a game only a year old. Nintendo advertises games two and three years later. Secondly, advertisement for the next Smash entry. Just like many before such as Little Mac, exposure via Smash games opens a gateway to being in future installments.

Also, some of Snake's music is from games not on Nintendo consoles. If essentially advertising for an entirely different console isn't too advertisement for what is not in the game, then neither is Rayman's trophy alone.

You keep ignoring all of the main irrefutable points. Sakurai doesn't like Spoilers, he hasn't shown characters prior to reveal,

He showed Mr. Game & Watch in the Pac-Man trailer, and he hasn't been officially revealed yet either, for this game. Is he definitely not playable too?
First of all, we don't know Game and Watch is playable. Secondly, I specifically stated newcomers before. Sakurai has NEVER out of four entries shown a character prior to their reveal , and your logic is abysmal at best if you expect as much.

Sakurai said trophy characters aren't playable, Rayman has literally NO hype even after showing the trophy, Ubisoft gave him the model to import while EVERY OTHER model is made through the in game engine, wants less third party characters , etc.

Don't all playable characters have trophies in every game though? I was under the assumption "trophy characters" meant Assist Trophies, not random collectible trophies. Playable characters always have multiple collectible trophies associated with them.
I know this. I thought it was implied that I meant non-playable character trophies. Sakurai said himself that regular trophies without before he showed like that would not be playable, meaning characters that are not playable. Hell he hasn't even shown a trophy for ANY of the currently revealed characters, not even Mario. And you're still ignoring my other points , I guess because you can't refute them .

Also 4 or 5 out of 40+ is not "a lot" by any stretch of the imagination. I think you're exaggerating what "a few" means.
4 or 5 what? Please be more specific.
Regardless, you make it seen out to be that Rayman will be the one and only holy exception over EVERY pre-existing rule, which makes no sense.

You remind me of the poor chums who thought Rayman would be our Monday reveal as Sakurai showed the trophy early Monday morning right before the new reveal.

I did think Rayman would be the reveal, actually, and I can't think of a reason for me not to have. I was wrong, it happens, but I honestly see no reason for Rayman to have anything to do with the game if he's not playable.

I can think of a reason. The 8 or so points above I listed that you cannot refute.
---
R-Ridley is the exception!
People these days...
#22NewMoonShadow(Topic Creator)Posted 7/15/2014 3:57:26 PM(edited)
You clearly ignored my other point. Firstly you can still advertise a game only a year old. Nintendo advertises games two and three years later.

Nintendo never lowers the price of their games either. Most companies do not operate like Nintendo does.

Secondly, advertisement for the next Smash entry. Just like many before such as Little Mac, exposure via Smash games opens a gateway to being in future installments.

So they're advertising Smash with... a character who is not actually in Smash...?

And again, advertising Rayman when there isn't even a Rayman game being made seems pointless, at this point.

Also, some of Snake's music is from games not on Nintendo consoles. If essentially advertising for an entirely different console isn't too advertisement for what is not in the game, then neither is Rayman's trophy alone.

That doesn't make a lick of sense. The Metal Gear music was used to characterize/represent the Metal Gear franchise and Solid Snake as a character. That's not even comparable to throwing in a random trophy of a character who has nothing to do with the game or the company.

First of all, we don't know Game and Watch is playable. Secondly, I specifically stated newcomers before. Sakurai has NEVER out of four entries shown a character prior to their reveal , and your logic is abysmal at best if you expect as much.

Actually icons for multiple characters were "accidentally" shown in official preview movies for Brawl, including Lucario and Pokemon Trainer.

I know this. I thought it was implied that I meant non-playable character trophies. Sakurai said himself that regular trophies without before he showed like that would not be playable, meaning characters that are not playable. Hell he hasn't even shown a trophy for ANY of the currently revealed characters, not even Mario. And you're still ignoring my other points , I guess because you can't refute them .

What points? you just keep making assumptions. Assumptions are not points.

4 or 5 what? Please be more specific.

Characters, obviously.

Regardless, you make it seen out to be that Rayman will be the one and only holy exception over EVERY pre-existing rule, which makes no sense.

This isn't a "rule", it's a pattern. One that Sakurai is free to break for any or no reason. Nobody is holding a gun to his head telling him he must do things a certain way.

I can think of a reason. The 8 or so points above I listed that you cannot refute.

I'm always up for a lively discussion, but stop with the smugness and we can both have a good time, eh?
#23Terraforce777Posted 7/15/2014 4:02:32 PM
It's clear that Rayman won't be playable, and I am by far not alone in this. Nothing you said has negated any of my points.

But I don't care about continuously argue inch with you. Just be certain the moment a the entire roster gets revealed, I'm spamming you like hell with I told you so's.
---
People these days...
#24NewMoonShadow(Topic Creator)Posted 7/15/2014 4:09:53 PM
Terraforce777 posted...
It's clear that Rayman won't be playable, and I am by far not alone in this. Nothing you said has negated any of my points.

But I don't care about continuously argue inch with you. Just be certain the moment a the entire roster gets revealed, I'm spamming you like hell with I told you so's.

A petty child, I take it? Do as you wish. Go be smug.
#25Terraforce777Posted 7/15/2014 4:23:10 PM
NewMoonShadow posted...
Terraforce777 posted...

*calls me a petty child*

Yeah, I deserve to gloat. If calling a 19 year old man a child (a petty one at that) isn't immature , then my gloating won't be either.
---
People these days...
#26NewMoonShadow(Topic Creator)Posted 7/15/2014 4:25:29 PM
Terraforce777 posted...
NewMoonShadow posted...
Terraforce777 posted...

*calls me a petty child*

Yeah, I deserve to gloat. If calling a 19 year old man a child (a petty one at that) isn't immature , then my gloating won't be either.

Considering you're promising to come back and go "neener, neener, neener, I was right and you were wrong!" like a 12-year-old if you turn out to be right, then yes, you are a child.
#27Terraforce777Posted 7/15/2014 4:30:31 PM
I'm not going to respond back if you respond to this particular post, but I also forgot to mention that Sakurai himself expected that Ubisoft would have sent him a 2D model, but instead got this 3D one. By now in development they would be done with characters. So why get Ubisoft to give him a model if he steady had one (assuming he was playable)? And if this is meant to be based on the character, this would mean Sakurai's intent would be to make a 2D model, which doesn't match this at all. It's like Game and Watch having a fully 3D model for a trophy. The way he said it insinuated that he didn't even have a model in game, so we are less than two months away from release without a character being completely finished even though Sakurai said everything is done and is in Debugging phase? That doesn't make any sense.

The sheer fact that he was surprised speaks MILES.
---
People these days...
#28NewMoonShadow(Topic Creator)Posted 7/15/2014 4:33:08 PM
Terraforce777 posted...
I'm not going to respond back if you respond to this particular post, but I also forgot to mention that Sakurai himself expected that Ubisoft would have sent him a 2D model, but instead got this 3D one. By now in development they would be done with characters. So why get Ubisoft to give him a model if he steady had one (assuming he was playable)? And if this is meant to be based on the character, this would mean Sakurai's intent would be to make a 2D model, which doesn't match this at all. It's like Game and Watch having a fully 3D model for a trophy. The way he said it insinuated that he didn't even have a model in game, so we are less than two months away from release without a character being completely finished even though Sakurai said everything is done and is in Debugging phase? That doesn't make any sense.

The sheer fact that he was surprised speaks MILES.

..... you realize he didn't say WHEN this all occurred, right? He didn't say they just got the model two weeks ago, he said he was surprised when he got it, whenever he did.
#29SMASHKING84Posted 7/15/2014 9:22:16 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_n5E7feJHw0
---
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YuqTjlmPl6I
You all laugh now but in 1000 years marshmallow peeps will gain sentience and KILL US ALL
#30Captain_FlarePosted 7/15/2014 10:27:51 PM
Rayman is probably a trophy because Rayman Legends was published by and exclusive to Nintendo in Japan.

Done.
---
"MY WAY OF PLAYING CHILDREN'S VIDEOGAMES IS BETTER THAN YOUR WAY OF PLAYING CHILDREN'S VIDEOGAMES, SUBHUMAN FILTH!" - McFordmanson