So Smash gets Rayman and PSASBR doesn't?

#41GeneralPenguPosted 7/18/2014 3:30:03 PM
You did cling to him.
---
Captain Toad, K.K Slider, Wonder Red, Duck Hunt Dog, Shulk, and Karate Joe for Wii U and 3ds!
#42NewMoonShadow(Topic Creator)Posted 7/18/2014 3:53:32 PM
GeneralPengu posted...
You did cling to him.

Not really.
#43Terraforce777Posted 7/18/2014 3:54:03 PM
It still is subjective do to the fact that it can be perceived as justifiable.

There's literally no way for you to come out of the hole you dug. There is no way for you to say 100% without a doubt my actions would be childish without it being your opinion. The sheer fact that you're attempting to fight factual information makes you seem even more like a child.
---
R-Ridley is the exception!
People these days...
#44Terraforce777Posted 7/18/2014 3:55:46 PM
NewMoonShadow posted...
GeneralPengu posted...
You did cling to him.

Not really.

If you didn't cling, you would be able to at least accept the possibility based on things Sakurai has done, said, and shown to the fanbase that Rayman most likely will not be playable, most likely at the very least. It's guaranteed at this point.
---
People these days...
#45NewMoonShadow(Topic Creator)Posted 7/18/2014 4:03:20 PM
Terraforce777 posted...

There's literally no way for you to come out of the hole you dug. There is no way for you to say 100% without a doubt my actions would be childish without it being your opinion. The sheer fact that you're attempting to fight factual information makes you seem even more like a child.

Just be certain the moment a the entire roster gets revealed, I'm spamming you like hell with I told you so's.

Just imagine a grown man with a desk job walking up to someone who was wrong and chanting "I TOLD YOU SO! I TOLD YOU SO! I TOLD YOU SO! I TOLD YOU SO!"

If you didn't cling, you would be able to at least accept the possibility based on things Sakurai has done, said, and shown to the fanbase that Rayman most likely will not be playable, most likely at the very least. It's guaranteed at this point.

I still maintain that there's more to it than just a Rayman trophy. I simply can't imagine Nintendo going to the trouble of making the deals/contracts required to get a third-party character into Smash and completely wasting it on a single trophy.

It is, to quote Jeff Foxworthy, "like buying a 747 to get free peanuts".

If not a playable character there has to be SOMETHING more behind it.
#46Akay4Posted 7/20/2014 1:15:58 AM(edited)
There would be something odd if a single trophy is all that came from a third party franchise/company. I'm not saying I think Rayman will end up being a playable character, but it would be fun to have Mario vs Sonic vs MegaMan vs Rayman vs Pacman (remove one character per match and see which is the most fun battle). There just seems that him being a playable character seems more logical than being a single trophy. Why go through all the work for a 3rd party trophy? Doesn't really make much sense to me why there wouldn't be SOMETHING, playable character or not. One of the few strong points against him being playable is:

"I'm not going to respond back if you respond to this particular post, but I also forgot to mention that Sakurai himself expected that Ubisoft would have sent him a 2D model, but instead got this 3D one. By now in development they would be done with characters. So why get Ubisoft to give him a model if he steady had one (assuming he was playable)? And if this is meant to be based on the character, this would mean Sakurai's intent would be to make a 2D model, which doesn't match this at all. It's like Game and Watch having a fully 3D model for a trophy. The way he said it insinuated that he didn't even have a model in game, so we are less than two months away from release without a character being completely finished even though Sakurai said everything is done and is in Debugging phase? That doesn't make any sense.

The sheer fact that he was surprised speaks MILES."

Though NewMoonShadow did point out a certain counterargument...

"..... you realize he didn't say WHEN this all occurred, right? He didn't say they just got the model two weeks ago, he said he was surprised when he got it, whenever he did."

...which also made a lot of sense. Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised either way. Unless he's a secret character that won't be announced until the game is released. That would be surprising. And cool. Though strange. Or maybe even DLC could be a possibility. We don't know if he is or not because it's not released. And since it's not released, I can keep saving up for a Wii U for when it (and Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem and Hyrule Warriors) finally is!

Edit: This is a bit of interesting information which I don't know what to make of...

Rayman is probably a trophy because Rayman Legends was published by and exclusive to Nintendo in Japan.

Hm...interesting. I didn't know that.

GeneralPengu posted...
You did cling to him.

If that's clinging, then what have you two been doing to your anti-Rayman arguments?
#47Terraforce777Posted 7/20/2014 6:00:35 AM
NewMoonShadow posted...
Terraforce777 posted...

Just be certain the moment a the entire roster gets revealed, I'm spamming you like hell with I told you so's.

Just imagine a grown man with a desk job walking up to someone who was wrong and chanting "I TOLD YOU SO! I TOLD YOU SO! I TOLD YOU SO! I TOLD YOU SO!"

I still maintain that there's more to it than just a Rayman trophy. I simply can't imagine Nintendo going to the trouble of making the deals/contracts required to get a third-party character into Smash and completely wasting it on a single trophy.

It is, to quote Jeff Foxworthy, "like buying a 747 to get free peanuts".

If not a playable character there has to be SOMETHING more behind it.

Again, you're still wrong. I never said. "I TOLD YOU SO U TOLD U SO...".
Heck, you don't even know how I will respond, so you're wrong yet again. Nintendo published the game and felt like giving it representation via a trophy, nothing more. I highly doubt it's anything more, but Rayman's chances are literally 0%.
---
People these days...
#48jordanm434Posted 7/20/2014 12:24:30 PM
I probably want Rayman in over anyone else at this point after that trophy reveal, It psychically broke my heart when I found out he was "just a trophy" since he was my childhood and I have grew up with him throughout my MANY years of gaming.

But to be perfectly honest Rayman was probably just a trophy due to the Ubi/Ninty connection they once had before Legends was delayed and ported to other systems. We might get a stage at most but nothing more.
#49SelitePosted 7/20/2014 2:02:20 PM
I like that this is the most action the PSABR board has got in a while.
---
Random Hearthstone, CoD and Minecraft gameplay: http://www.youtube.com/user/selite?feature=mhee
#50Terraforce777Posted 7/20/2014 2:12:36 PM
jordanm434 posted...
I probably want Rayman in over anyone else at this point after that trophy reveal, It psychically broke my heart when I found out he was "just a trophy" since he was my childhood and I have grew up with him throughout my MANY years of gaming.

But to be perfectly honest Rayman was probably just a trophy due to the Ubi/Ninty connection they once had before Legends was delayed and ported to other systems. We might get a stage at most but nothing more.

The good news is that this opens up the possibility for him to be in the next game.
---
People these days...