soo which are considered the most op characters nowdays?

#21CommonDreadsPosted 8/19/2014 2:47:19 AM(edited)
ZavalsBiz posted...
CommonDreads posted...
NejiProdigy posted...
CommonDreads posted...
ZavalsBiz posted...
Allow ne to go into detail as to why Drake and Fat Princess aren't considered top tier.

Firstly, to be top tier you should only be losing matches to characters in the same tier, or in rare cases, those who completely counter your strategy.(Example Nariko wreaks anyone under her tier EXCEPT Sir Dan because of his anti-air games.)

Fat Princess: Despite the fact that she still has her Lv.1 confirm, she's still really predictable and relies ok the same strategy(jump, knight, a.d1) in order the get her kills. Plus she still has some bad match-ups.

Drake: Infamous for his ridiculously fast and safe slide and his annoying and moderately safe AK. Despite these OP abilities, Drake still has bad match-ups against certain characters that aren't in the top tier. His AK, although stupidly OP, is VERY predictable and punishable on block. Just because he has OP aspect doesn't mean he's OP.

Who is drakes bad match ups? As far as I've seen, drake pretty much can dominate any character

Btw he loses to Sackboy, who is in mid tier now. Sackboy literally reflects everything Drake has to throw out at him. The only projectile that isn't reflected back at him is his magnum(F+Triangle).

But I still see drake destroy sac boys. Yeah sac boy can deflect back his projectiles but drake as an amazing slide kick that can get him out of anything, the ak and then If someone gets to close he cancels out of his AK to get behind that little wall. Sac boys projectiles are slowish and pretty easy to dodge and the head butt is pretty predictable and punishable.. And plus he fact the drake can keep good pressure with combinations of his projectiles and close range, sac boy doesn't really stand much of a chance

Sackboy always hangs around his Shock Pad so don't expect Drake to land any slides on Sackboy. Also its Sackboy's slow projectiles that make him good, it means they take up space a lot longer than other projectiles.

I mean drake can still throw his grenades from above, that can be really useful for destroying his electric pad and fan without being reflected. It's what I use with evil cole, which sadly gets stumped by sac boy too.. But I learned to throw his projectiles (side triangles) so it lands from the top and destroy sac boys stuff. But really all drake has to do is come from above and use his down AK attack to destroy everything on the ground. Drake then can IMMEDIATELY recover from that and follow it up with a slide or an air attack. Which ever fits the situation better
---
FC: 1848-2177-9464
Pokemon ign Landon
#22red_latias77Posted 8/19/2014 10:40:40 AM
Kat is by far the best character, it's so stupid that people actually tried to balance her and ended up leaving her so broken.

After her, I'd say it's Kratos/Drake/G Cole/Nariko in some order.

Kratos has a great moveset. Great range, pretty safe, he's just good all round (AP bursts off most hits, off of grabs, a good counter, a projectile, etc). The main reason that he's so good is that his moveset just shuts down some characters. And he still dominates in FFA.

Drake is ridiculously good and has some of the best mid-range zoning in the game, as well as safe combo starters (slide and air down square). He also has a lot of potential that will probably never be used (eg platform throw confirms, other level 1 confirms, and he even has level 1 confirms from his slide, but they're too unreliable to use).

G Cole is RIDICULOUS with platforms, and still pretty stupid without. He lacks crowd control and big hitboxes but he has great mobility/zoning, and he still has high AP confirms into level 1. Definitely top tier in 1v1.

And Nariko just has the best moveset in the game bar Kat (and it isn't much worse than Kat's). She's just so safe, and she can AP burst from pretty much every hit. She's so ridiculous moveset-wise. She's kind of balanced by her awful non-level 3 supers though.

Also: Isaac is underrated. He got hit with the nerf bat a bit too hard but he's definitely not the worst. Zeus is definitely the worst, followed by Spike/Toro in some order.
#23PyroSparkPosted 8/19/2014 5:15:07 PM
red_latias77 posted...
Kat is by far the best character, it's so stupid that people actually tried to balance her and ended up leaving her so broken.

After her, I'd say it's Kratos/Drake/G Cole/Nariko in some order.

Kratos has a great moveset. Great range, pretty safe, he's just good all round (AP bursts off most hits, off of grabs, a good counter, a projectile, etc). The main reason that he's so good is that his moveset just shuts down some characters. And he still dominates in FFA.

Drake is ridiculously good and has some of the best mid-range zoning in the game, as well as safe combo starters (slide and air down square). He also has a lot of potential that will probably never be used (eg platform throw confirms, other level 1 confirms, and he even has level 1 confirms from his slide, but they're too unreliable to use).

G Cole is RIDICULOUS with platforms, and still pretty stupid without. He lacks crowd control and big hitboxes but he has great mobility/zoning, and he still has high AP confirms into level 1. Definitely top tier in 1v1.

And Nariko just has the best moveset in the game bar Kat (and it isn't much worse than Kat's). She's just so safe, and she can AP burst from pretty much every hit. She's so ridiculous moveset-wise. She's kind of balanced by her awful non-level 3 supers though.

Also: Isaac is underrated. He got hit with the nerf bat a bit too hard but he's definitely not the worst. Zeus is definitely the worst, followed by Spike/Toro in some order.

I agree with pretty much everything.

But I'd say Dan is the worst. Or at least, Toro is above him.
---
"The more you make people cry = the better player you are." - Eternux
#24DJPLACEPosted 8/19/2014 8:31:02 PM
who ever nerfed issac hard can suck a big donkey's ****!! really he was my second main had the perfect mine and gun combo i liked then they had to put the rubber ***** up his bum hole and just... well guess i'll have to try out drake then...
---
I'm Back on PS3 BABY!! But If you want to add me has a Friend please put a message in your request other wise i will erase it. PSN is DJPlace
#25ZavalsBizPosted 8/20/2014 12:14:09 AM
Actually Zeus is the worst. He's lost all use with the loss of his extended roll. Since he got no armor buff whatsoever he's pretty much a character with slow startup and terrible recovery.
---
"Everyone is an idiot but me."
#26ZavalsBizPosted 8/20/2014 12:19:30 AM
DJPLACE posted...
who ever nerfed issac hard can suck a big donkey's ****!! really he was my second main had the perfect mine and gun combo i liked then they had to put the rubber ***** up his bum hole and just... well guess i'll have to try out drake then...

Call down man. Isaac is still pretty good. No character should've had Pre-Patch Isaac's combo ability. He had too loops and a tool for every job.(deadpan "haha"). Just practice a bit with him and you'll see he's still ok and can even beat the top tiers if you play strategically.
---
"Everyone is an idiot but me."
#27DJPLACEPosted 8/20/2014 2:28:58 PM
ZavalsBiz posted...
DJPLACE posted...

Call down man. Isaac is still pretty good. No character should've had Pre-Patch Isaac's combo ability. He had too loops and a tool for every job.(deadpan "haha"). Just practice a bit with him and you'll see he's still ok and can even beat the top tiers if you play strategically.

just can't get use to him has i use to i guess...
---
I'm Back on PS3 BABY!! But If you want to add me has a Friend please put a message in your request other wise i will erase it. PSN is DJPlace
#28red_latias77Posted 8/22/2014 8:27:40 AM(edited)
PyroSpark posted...
I agree with pretty much everything.

But I'd say Dan is the worst. Or at least, Toro is above him.

ehhh, I can see why you'd say that. Zeus isn't obviously bad. He hits very hard, and he has lots of tricks and gimmicks that can work. He destroys people that like mashing buttons too (eg, his air teleport is invincible while charging, so it's easy to land that level 1 confirm on a Kratos that's mashing buttons). But when you get past his gimmicks (his cancels), stop down teching/blocking, and learn to hit him out of his charges, he's pretty awful.

I'm not really sure about Toro though. His moveset's great, but his supers are just awful. His new level 2 confirm's a gimmick that shouldn't really work on good players. And aside from that, he has a meh level 1, and a cinematic level 3. I'm not sure how much his supers hold him back honestly, but I usually just say he's the 3rd worst (better than Spike/Zeus).

Dan's probably one of the most "obviously bad" characters in the game though since he's kind of weird. He's unsafe (kind of), he lacks reliable (easy) AP bursts and level 1 confirms, and he tends to rely a lot on landing level 1s through reads/predictions. But he has enough stuff imo to be better than most of the worst characters imo. I'd put him above Zeus, Spike, Toro, Radec and maybe Isaac. Dan's super set (especially his level 1) is surprisingly great, the axe is one of the best projectiles in the game, and he has lots of tricks and gimmicks too on top of that.

Whereas Spike just... doesn't have any of that. His level 2's good, but even that's kind of meh. His level 1 is pretty bad, and his level 3's a cinematic. He has bananas, but they disappear after time now. He has some good moves, but they don't really fit together well. His AP gain is kind of bad in 1v1 and he's just kind of... lacking overall. The patch only gave him gimmicks (up throw corner confirms, up throw platform confirms, etc) and nerfs. He's definitely worse than Dan, at the very least.
#29red_latias77Posted 8/22/2014 8:26:14 AM
DJPLACE posted...
just can't get use to him has i use to i guess...

yea, one thing I'll say about Isaac... he's NO FUN to play now. He's definitely a lot more balanced than he was (even if he was overnerfed) but he's the most boring character in the game now. All he can do is camp and grab. He just can't do anything interesting at all