How the Hell Do You Deal With Sly?

#1oomomowPosted 8/13/2014 9:13:30 PM
It's just the constant teleport and counter spam that I can't deal with as a Radec. Oh, and sometimes the lightning roll. I'm never able to hit him with my level one because it's always just instantly teleport somewhere else. Does anybody have any tips for this?
---
Oh great Kirby, destroyer of worlds, we are not worthy.
#2DavidgraymanPosted 8/13/2014 9:57:07 PM
You put him in a sandwich, add mayo with some roast beef then you eat him
---
The official Pepsimaaaaaaaaaaaaaan of the PSASBR board.
http://tinyurl.com/pepsimanisking
#3ImDyinSquirtlePosted 8/13/2014 10:54:40 PM
Sly is the worst matchup for Radec, and possibly one of the worst matchups ever made in any fighting game (almost as bad as Haggar vs Magneto in UMvC3)

The best you can do is keep your distance, and just try your best to read Sly and outpredict him. That's it.

Sly steamrolls Radec so much, it's ridiculous how the patch people looked at a matchup as bad as this, and thought "yeah Radec's fine, Radec doesn't need anymore changes"
---
Help me Squirtle, dont just stand there...Im freaking dying
#4oomomow(Topic Creator)Posted 8/13/2014 11:02:10 PM(edited)
ImDyinSquirtle posted...
Sly is the worst matchup for Radec, and possibly one of the worst matchups ever made in any fighting game (almost as bad as Haggar vs Magneto in UMvC3)

The best you can do is keep your distance, and just try your best to read Sly and outpredict him. That's it.

Sly steamrolls Radec so much, it's ridiculous how the patch people looked at a matchup as bad as this, and thought "yeah Radec's fine, Radec doesn't need anymore changes"

Oh that's, disappointing. You seem knowledgeable. Would you list all the bad match ups in the game please? I didn't really know they existed in this game besides the Kratos > everyone.
---
Oh great Kirby, destroyer of worlds, we are not worthy.
#5KarstienPosted 8/14/2014 6:19:49 AM
If it's just you vs sly online you could use this amazing combo.

Press square till you have a level 3.

He can escape if he has a level 2 or if you are on a ledge. Otherwise gg.

If you wanna beat him without that then you need to get good.
---
PSN: Von_Carstien
Official Scorpion of the Injustice boards.
#6Stanger5150Posted 8/14/2014 8:28:00 AM
If they're countering everything, it usually means you're too predictable. As a Sly main since the beta, these are my tips:

1. Do not become predictable
2. Bait the counter and punish
3. Bait the teleport and grab
4. Don't turtle. Charged down square can punish it if you don't use a character with a counter
5. Force him to try to fight from a distance by switching up zoning tech and timing
6. He can't block... exploit this
7. His traps are solid, but unless he's against a wall, you'll always know the distance they travel.
9. Most Slys use air forward triangle almost exclusively when airborne... time the dodgerolls and counters
10. Always remember... the counter can be countered with precise timing if he counters a projectile.
11. Roll TOWARD him during his electric roll... many characters can level 1 or 2 immediately and catch Sly at the end of his animation. Roll forward, turn, super.
12. remember that the alarm clock cannot be countered... only evaded or blocked
13. Train your eyes... Sly is now at a disadvantage when invisible due to lower speed.
---
PSN/NN: BlackRain8782
2600, NES, SMS, GB, Lynx, Genesis, TG16, SNES, Game Gear, Jaguar, PS1, Saturn, N64, GBC, DC, PS2, GCN, GBA, DS, Wii, PS3, 3DS, Wii U, PS4