Dante and Combos.

#1oomomowPosted 8/18/2014 7:50:59 PM
I'm not sure if it's just me, but Dante really shouldn't be allowed to turn around mid combo. It's almost impossible to escape him when he gets the hit, even if you're blocking. You try to dodge in the middle of the combo, he turns around and gets you. You wait it out to the very end, and he just grabs you as you can't do anything about it. I know some characters can counter this well, but most can't.
---
Oh great Kirby, destroyer of worlds, we are not worthy.
#2oomomow(Topic Creator)Posted 8/18/2014 7:51:39 PM
Unless there is some strategy to get out of it that I don't know about.
---
#3ZavalsBizPosted 8/18/2014 9:20:42 PM
Block and punish. Almost any character can kill him with a Super after his third square attack, even when he tries canceling into something. OR ROLL BACKWARDS.
---
"Everyone is an idiot but me."
#4marioparty17Posted 8/19/2014 5:12:17 AM
Just learn and stop blocking
---
3DS FC 2535-3692-1887 PSN : MARIOPARTY17
He covered from head to toe in weaponary, like a rainbow apocalypses - Viridi Goddess of Nature #ReleaseDart/Abe
#5PootbirdPosted 8/21/2014 8:40:32 AM
marioparty17 posted...
Just learn and stop blocking

But then he'll get hit...
---
In Soviet Russia, Warframe farms YOU!
PSN: Goldengeartwo
#6CraftyScenariosPosted 8/22/2014 7:10:38 AM
Here's the thing. Dante is the most read-heavy character in the game. He's all about risk/reward. A good Dante will constantly put you in rock, paper, scissor moments. There is always an out, but again a good Dante will bank on you panicking into picking the wrong choice.

The reason most people have trouble against him is because they don't actively read their opponents. They just do moves till something works without actually downloading their opponent. To beat Dante you have to beat him at rock, paper, scissors or keep yourself out of those scenarios all together. It's as simple as that. Once you get a grip on that, he's actually not that difficult to fight.
---
PSN: PopPopOfDaPeople
Playstyle: Go dumb
#7KarstienPosted 8/26/2014 8:42:54 PM
CraftyScenarios posted...
Here's the thing. Dante is the most read-heavy character in the game. He's all about risk/reward. A good Dante will constantly put you in rock, paper, scissor moments. There is always an out, but again a good Dante will bank on you panicking into picking the wrong choice.

The reason most people have trouble against him is because they don't actively read their opponents. They just do moves till something works without actually downloading their opponent. To beat Dante you have to beat him at rock, paper, scissors or keep yourself out of those scenarios all together. It's as simple as that. Once you get a grip on that, he's actually not that difficult to fight.

Lmao...I'm not in the 'dante is op' camp, but most read heavy character in the game? Sir Dan says hi.

Dante is all about the pressure and punish, not the read. His Angel dash can punish even mid range projectiles and get you in for a full Ap burst combo, while you can keep up block pressure with his cancels. There is very little reading in a pro Dante's game. Best leave that to characters that actually use reads on a regular basis, such as Dan and Evil Cole.
---
PSN: Von_Carstien
Official Scorpion of the Injustice boards.
#8CraftyScenariosPosted 8/27/2014 1:52:36 PM
Karstien posted...
CraftyScenarios posted...

Lmao...I'm not in the 'dante is op' camp, but most read heavy character in the game? Sir Dan says hi.

Dante is all about the pressure and punish, not the read. His Angel dash can punish even mid range projectiles and get you in for a full Ap burst combo, while you can keep up block pressure with his cancels. There is very little reading in a pro Dante's game. Best leave that to characters that actually use reads on a regular basis, such as Dan and Evil Cole.

Then you need to rethink what you consider to be high level play.
---
PSN: PopPopOfDaPeople
Playstyle: Go dumb
#9oomomow(Topic Creator)Posted 8/27/2014 2:50:13 PM
Wow, I completely forgot about this thread. Apologies.

When I'm playing with an insanely good Dante, there's no escaping. If I can predict what they are doing, they can also predict what I am doing. As I play someone with an extremely limited way to play, it's a lot easier for them to predict.

I can't roll backwards because I just manage to always still get hit right after the invincibility stops.

The only thing that I can kind of do is grab. Which I won't constantly do as it's kind of cheap.
Beware this is online (if it actually makes a difference).
---