People that think Nariko is OP?

#1Exo_IcarusPosted 8/22/2014 9:26:18 AM
Ever since the final patch update apparently Nariko's considered a top-tier character and has been dubbed "OP" by a great deal of players. At least by lot of the ones I play randomly. Starting to get a little sick of receiving flak for using the character I've been using since the game first launched.

What exactly is it about her that people hate? Hm?

The fact that she can AP burst combo off one of her throws? I'll grant that is one very appealing trait but she's not the only character that can do that. Can't Raiden, Kat, Kratos, and Dante also do that?

Her down-triangle moves are too good? (always just be aware of them) Disk projectile too spammable? (it's not the only one in the game) Counter move too viable? (weakest in the game btw). Level 3 too effective? (just stay ABOVE her and she can't get you)

I'd like some enlightenment if anyone could comply.
#2KnucklesIXPosted 8/22/2014 8:52:24 PM
Mainly because everyone else got Nerfed and she got better. Top 7 character at the least.
#3CraftyScenariosPosted 8/23/2014 4:55:02 AM
Exo_Icarus posted...
Ever since the final patch update apparently Nariko's considered a top-tier character and has been dubbed "OP" by a great deal of players. At least by lot of the ones I play randomly. Starting to get a little sick of receiving flak for using the character I've been using since the game first launched.

The fact that she can AP burst combo off one of her throws? I'll grant that is one very appealing trait but she's not the only character that can do that. Can't Raiden, Kat, Kratos, and Dante also do that?

Her down-triangle moves are too good? (always just be aware of them) Disk projectile too spammable? (it's not the only one in the game) Counter move too viable? (weakest in the game btw). Level 3 too effective? (just stay ABOVE her and she can't get you)

OP is a bit strong to describe Nariko. It's really that she's become a bit brain dead in that the skill required to AP burst off almost anything is much higher for all the characters you mentioned except Kratos, and she's the only character that can truly burst air to air. The only thing keeping her remotely grounded is the fact that her supers are sub-par. On a small map though, her lvl 3 is probably the best in the game.

All that said, she's definitely top 5.
---
PSN: PopPopOfDaPeople
Playstyle: Go dumb
#4Stanger5150Posted 9/3/2014 10:20:18 PM
At least us Sly players don't get the s*** we used to now that he's not top tier anymore.
---
PSN/NN: BlackRain8782
2600, NES, SMS, GB, Lynx, Genesis, TG16, SNES, Game Gear, Jaguar, PS1, Saturn, N64, GBC, DC, PS2, GCN, GBA, DS, Wii, PS3, 3DS, Wii U, PS4
#5DJPLACEPosted 9/4/2014 7:09:30 AM
CraftyScenarios posted...
Exo_Icarus posted...

OP is a bit strong to describe Nariko. It's really that she's become a bit brain dead in that the skill required to AP burst off almost anything is much higher for all the characters you mentioned except Kratos, and she's the only character that can truly burst air to air. The only thing keeping her remotely grounded is the fact that her supers are sub-par. On a small map though, her lvl 3 is probably the best in the game.

all level 3's are hard to avoid on small maps.

so who is the top 5 btw.
---
I'm Back on PS3 BABY!! But If you want to add me has a Friend please put a message in your request other wise i will erase it. PSN is DJPlace
#6Stanger5150Posted 9/4/2014 10:14:29 AM
DJPLACE posted...
CraftyScenarios posted...
Exo_Icarus posted...

all level 3's are hard to avoid on small maps.

so who is the top 5 btw.

I'd say G. Cole, Kratos, Kat, Nariko, and Drake
---
2600, NES, SMS, GB, Lynx, Genesis, TG16, SNES, Game Gear, Jaguar, PS1, Saturn, N64, GBC, DC, PS2, GCN, GBA, DS, Wii, PS3, 3DS, Wii U, PS4
#7DJPLACEPosted 9/4/2014 10:41:17 AM
i thought Raiden would be there.
---
I'm Back on PS3 BABY!! But If you want to add me has a Friend please put a message in your request other wise i will erase it. PSN is DJPlace
#8Stanger5150Posted 9/4/2014 3:50:25 PM
DJPLACE posted...
i thought Raiden would be there.

Not in my opinion. Raiden has become much easier to fight since he lost his most popular confirms.
---