Sonic & Sega All-Stars Brawl

#11TubbusPosted 7/15/2012 1:44:07 PM
Sumo Digital have already stated they'd like to bring the Sega All-Stars brand out into games other than just racing, so who knows? Something like a better, all-out Sonic: The Fighters would be very interesting!
In the interview, he mentioned paintballing for some reason...a sonic FPS :P The interview is from Summer Of Sonic on 7th July this year, search it on youtube.
#12XD375Posted 7/26/2012 4:39:28 PM
Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Paintball with the Greendale Seven
#13PedroMontanaPosted 7/27/2012 6:29:44 AM
I'd buy it. They could either let AM2 make a Sega crossover fighter, or they could just tell Sumo to make a Smash ripoff, both would likely work.

If they would just include all characters from Superstars Tennis and the 2 racing games the roster will already be really good.

They should definitely not use too many Sonic characters. Having multiple Sonic characters in the roster is a necessary evil to attract kids and fanboys, but i don't want to have a situation like in S&SASR where they include a Sonic character that is actually hated by the Sonic fanbase while tons of franchises are not represented at all.
---
No More Heroes
#14XaznzaXPosted 7/29/2012 11:09:04 AM
We already have Playstation's "Battle Royale" coming this fall. One Smash Brothers ripoff is quite enough.
---
Ahh, Republicans and their Conservative Base. Keeping ignorance and myth alive and well in this, the Information Age. Ironic, don't ya think?
#15PedroMontanaPosted 7/29/2012 2:15:45 PM
XaznzaX posted...
We already have Playstation's "Battle Royale" coming this fall. One Smash Brothers ripoff is quite enough.

Well, as has been said before in this topic, a Sega crossover fighting game wouldn't need to be a Smash clone.
They could as well simply use their normal Sega fighting game engine from Virtua Fighter/Fighting Vipers/Sonic The Fighters/Fighters Megamix for a 2 player game, or take orientation from Power Stone 2 for q 4 player game.

Even if it was a pure Smash clone:
At least it could come to all systems instead of being exclusive to one company like Nintendo's and Sony's offerings. 360 and PC gamers might also enjoy some Smash-style gameplay.
Also, at least Sega has a lot of interesting characters i care about, that Playstation roster looks rather dull outside of Parappa.
---
No More Heroes
#16MiniMoose12Posted 8/7/2012 1:36:58 PM
DuConLaFleme posted...
Power stone with SEGA theme would be pretty awesome.

I'm throwing my money at the screen, but nothing is happening.
---
"Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans." - John Lennon
Pokemon White FC: 0132-1151-6552
#17DegalonPosted 8/8/2012 7:37:50 PM
XaznzaX posted...

"one"? I seem to recall Onimusha making a knockoff years ago, as well.

Also, the only way this would be good would be if it were a brawler like Power Stone, or the Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm series. If its just another mashy Marvel knockoff, then no, it'd be crap.
---
GT: DEGALON
MK: Sheeva/Mileena, SSF4: Guile, BB: Makoto, DOA4: Leon, SC4: Astaroth, SF3: Alex, AH3: Zenia Valov, Tekken: Bryan Fury, VF: Vanessa
#18Setnaro XPosted 8/9/2012 1:27:24 PM
After having seen Persona 4 Arena in action, my biggest dream would be if Arcsys and SEGA collaborated to make a stylish 2D fighting game. I love Guilty Gear and BlazBlue, and seeing as how they took this JRPG series and turned it into a fighter that's welcoming to anyone both new and veterans of the fighting genre, just imagine if they did that with SEGA. Beautiful hand drawn sprites with stylish 3D backgrounds, with SEGA's characters getting that prominent touch.

Oh, I can dream.
---
Proper sound shatters glass. Proper sound shatters the Universe.
#19SuplexKirbyPosted 8/17/2012 7:39:41 PM
XaznzaX posted...

You sure there's one and not the others?
The OutFoxies which came out before smash.
CN Punch Time Explosion XL
TMNT Smash Up
Jump Ultimate Stars
Digimon Arena Rumble 2, PSASBR plays more like this game.
Onimusha Blade Warriors
Dream Mix TV World
Small Arms
Those are not all and there's more but not gonna bother to find and fill the rest.

I welcome a sega smash game and hope it happens. Been wanted that and playstation for years. Not to mention this game is already being called a MK7 rip-off anyway.