NiGHTS and Reala confirmed as characters

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed
  3. NiGHTS and Reala confirmed as characters
3 years ago#1
"NiGHTS and his rival Reala will both feature as vehicles in the game. In the original games, NiGHTS could transform into different vehicles and creatures to better suit certain environments. All-Stars cleverly references this mechanic by allowing NiGHTS and Reala to change into all new vehicle forms. NiGHTS is driven by the childlike Nightopian creatures, while Reala will be driven by the Goodle riding nightmaren from Journey of Dreams. The character designs are based off of Journey of Dreams." - quoted from http://www.sonicstadium.org/

I was at the Summer of Sonic convention where it was announced too, saw the trailer. Also played the game today, it handles well :)
3 years ago#2
I'm going to take a second to complain about using the Journey of Dreams designs.

Okay, done. EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEIAMSOEXCITED.
---
``Haggar could pile drive the sun into Galactus' face.`` - YoungLegend
3 years ago#3
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bT4Az976c9A

if you have not seen it already
---
MY WRATH IS YOUR HELL!
3 years ago#4
Spektre41 posted...
I'm going to take a second to complain about using the Journey of Dreams designs.

Okay, done. EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEIAMSOEXCITED.

Had a milk-fest enough?
---
I used to writing a signature like you, till I took a bullet in the knuckle. ~Random signer.
3 years ago#5
I'm loving the stage, but I absolutely hate the character designs. I mean, the Journey of Dreams character designs are bad enough, but why in the flying f*** can we not just play as NiGHTS and Reala in their humanoid forms during the flying segments?
3 years ago#6
I'm assuming it's because they are reserving their humanoid form for their All Stars abilities. Also, it's been mentioned that at the start of the race, you see them in their humanoid form as well, and it's been hinted that perhaps taunting (pressing weapon button with having a weapon) will have them shape in and out.

The design I admit is unorthodox, but it IS a work in progress. A lot of feedback from the crew behind NightsintoDreams.com already passed over their thoughts and ideas to Sumo so as to tweak as much as they can before release.
---
Proper sound shatters glass. Proper sound shatters the Universe.
3 years ago#7
skulldevil1 posted...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bT4Az976c9A

if you have not seen it already

That video is gone...permanent.
---
I used to writing a signature like you, till I took a bullet in the knuckle. ~Random signer.
3 years ago#8
I really wish Journey of Dreams wasn't made.
3 years ago#9
While i think JoD was disappointing compared to the original, and they REALLY shouldn't have messed with the art direction, i think it was an enjoyable game. I was certainly still better then most 3D Sonic games.
---
No More Heroes
3 years ago#10
Pffrbt posted...
I'm loving the stage, but I absolutely hate the character designs. I mean, the Journey of Dreams character designs are bad enough, but why in the flying f*** can we not just play as NiGHTS and Reala in their humanoid forms during the flying segments?

This, if Opa opa was a vehicle in the first one why Not NiGHTS and Reala?
---
The official Milla Maxwell of all boards.
  1. Boards
  2. Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed
  3. NiGHTS and Reala confirmed as characters

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived