Bad news for Vectorman fans...

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed
  3. Bad news for Vectorman fans...
4 years ago#1
http://forums.sega.com/showthread.php?409253-Semi-official-fire-questions-at-SUMO-and-get-vague-responses-thread/page104&p=7476851#post7476851
Conduit 2: 2838-6032-4718(Shen)
Temporary leader of CMSx and the official Thex of the C2 boards
4 years ago#2
Bummer =(
Artiste of the Slightly Funny Deal
4 years ago#3
Lame, the one character on my wish list I thought for sure would make in. He would have been perfect.
Zombies are like sprinkles, they make everything sweeter!
4 years ago#4
SR71halo posted...
I thought for sure would make in. He would have been perfect.

We're talking about a character who had only 2 Genesis games, neither was released in Japan and the second one was not released in Europe.

I like Vectorman and i think he would have fit in nice, but Sega has a lot of characters who at least appeared in a trilogy and had international releases and i think it's right that these have a priority over characters from dead franchises that were only popular in America in the first place.

I have to say i'm also confused about the recent hope for Ristar, that "franchise" consists of one game.

I'm not saying people shouldn't hope for obscure characters, i personally want Bruno Dillinger from Die Hard Arcade/Dynamite Cop.

But i think it's important to have realistic expectations: Puyo, Wonder Boy, Streets of Rage and Phantasy Star for example are clearly far more deserving then characters with one or two games that people suddenly get obsessed with.
No More Heroes
4 years ago#5
I know he's obscure, but then again, so were the Bonanza Bros. as far as I'm concerned. They've let in characters from dead franchises before.
Zombies are like sprinkles, they make everything sweeter!
4 years ago#6
I know he's obscure, but then again, so were the Bonanza Bros. as far as I'm concerned. They've let in characters from dead franchises before.

Exactly.
Artiste of the Slightly Funny Deal
4 years ago#7
I'm not going to lie: I think it was a huge mistake to include the Bonanza Bros and Zobio & Zobiko while there were no representatives fot Wonder Boy, Streets of Rage, Phantasy Star, Panzer Dragoon and a ton of other bigger franchises.

I'm not against Vectorman, or Ristar, or other obscure choices. But i think important series like Ecco should have a priority over characters with one or two games.

I notice that a lot of the Americans who now act as if they were entitled to get Vectorman (who is obscure in Europe and unknown in Japan) were actually complaining about Zobio & Zobiko in S&SASR because those were unknown outside of Japan.
No More Heroes
4 years ago#8
It hurts so bad... hold me.
Check it out! Video of the week:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rlL09nriFfk
4 years ago#9
PedroMontana posted...
I'm not going to lie: I think it was a huge mistake to include the Bonanza Bros and Zobio & Zobiko while there were no representatives fot Wonder Boy, Streets of Rage, Phantasy Star, Panzer Dragoon and a ton of other bigger franchises.

I'm not against Vectorman, or Ristar, or other obscure choices. But i think important series like Ecco should have a priority over characters with one or two games.

I notice that a lot of the Americans who now act as if they were entitled to get Vectorman (who is obscure in Europe and unknown in Japan) were actually complaining about Zobio & Zobiko in S&SASR because those were unknown outside of Japan.

Objection! Vectorman is not popular outside of America but at least his game was released outside of America. Zobio & Zobiko were not released out side of JAPAN!!!

I rest my case

BTW:I wanted vectorman in just because he looks cool, though im okay he is not in
S&ASRT Wish List:A Female,any female & Ristar
  1. Boards
  2. Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed
  3. Bad news for Vectorman fans...

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived