Bad news for Vectorman fans...

#1TheOmegaShenPosted 7/31/2012 12:06:35 PM
http://forums.sega.com/showthread.php?409253-Semi-official-fire-questions-at-SUMO-and-get-vague-responses-thread/page104&p=7476851#post7476851
---
Conduit 2: 2838-6032-4718(Shen)
Temporary leader of CMSx and the official Thex of the C2 boards
#2HDCasePosted 8/5/2012 8:57:09 PM
Bummer =(
---
Artiste of the Slightly Funny Deal
#3SR71haloPosted 8/5/2012 11:13:11 PM
Lame, the one character on my wish list I thought for sure would make in. He would have been perfect.
---
Zombies are like sprinkles, they make everything sweeter!
#4PedroMontanaPosted 8/6/2012 5:02:47 AM
SR71halo posted...
I thought for sure would make in. He would have been perfect.

We're talking about a character who had only 2 Genesis games, neither was released in Japan and the second one was not released in Europe.

I like Vectorman and i think he would have fit in nice, but Sega has a lot of characters who at least appeared in a trilogy and had international releases and i think it's right that these have a priority over characters from dead franchises that were only popular in America in the first place.

I have to say i'm also confused about the recent hope for Ristar, that "franchise" consists of one game.

I'm not saying people shouldn't hope for obscure characters, i personally want Bruno Dillinger from Die Hard Arcade/Dynamite Cop.

But i think it's important to have realistic expectations: Puyo, Wonder Boy, Streets of Rage and Phantasy Star for example are clearly far more deserving then characters with one or two games that people suddenly get obsessed with.
---
No More Heroes
#5SR71haloPosted 8/6/2012 8:23:21 AM(edited)
I know he's obscure, but then again, so were the Bonanza Bros. as far as I'm concerned. They've let in characters from dead franchises before.
---
Zombies are like sprinkles, they make everything sweeter!
#6HDCasePosted 8/6/2012 10:09:23 AM
I know he's obscure, but then again, so were the Bonanza Bros. as far as I'm concerned. They've let in characters from dead franchises before.

Exactly.
---
Artiste of the Slightly Funny Deal
#7PedroMontanaPosted 8/6/2012 12:37:36 PM
I'm not going to lie: I think it was a huge mistake to include the Bonanza Bros and Zobio & Zobiko while there were no representatives fot Wonder Boy, Streets of Rage, Phantasy Star, Panzer Dragoon and a ton of other bigger franchises.

I'm not against Vectorman, or Ristar, or other obscure choices. But i think important series like Ecco should have a priority over characters with one or two games.

I notice that a lot of the Americans who now act as if they were entitled to get Vectorman (who is obscure in Europe and unknown in Japan) were actually complaining about Zobio & Zobiko in S&SASR because those were unknown outside of Japan.
---
No More Heroes
#8mavado666Posted 8/7/2012 9:42:18 AM
It hurts so bad... hold me.
---
Check it out! Video of the week:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rlL09nriFfk
#9KingIceSonicPosted 8/7/2012 11:34:48 AM
PedroMontana posted...
I'm not going to lie: I think it was a huge mistake to include the Bonanza Bros and Zobio & Zobiko while there were no representatives fot Wonder Boy, Streets of Rage, Phantasy Star, Panzer Dragoon and a ton of other bigger franchises.

I'm not against Vectorman, or Ristar, or other obscure choices. But i think important series like Ecco should have a priority over characters with one or two games.

I notice that a lot of the Americans who now act as if they were entitled to get Vectorman (who is obscure in Europe and unknown in Japan) were actually complaining about Zobio & Zobiko in S&SASR because those were unknown outside of Japan.

Objection! Vectorman is not popular outside of America but at least his game was released outside of America. Zobio & Zobiko were not released out side of JAPAN!!!

I rest my case

BTW:I wanted vectorman in just because he looks cool, though im okay he is not in
---
S&ASRT Wish List:A Female,any female & Ristar