Got the game. The game is awesome...just 2 complaints( spoilers)

#1gokuKOGPosted 11/15/2012 7:19:32 AM
Complaint 1: Why does sonic not turn into super sonic in his all star?
Complaint 2: I have played and beaten the previous game 100% and I am no scrub but this game is too difficult for me. I cannot do lots of A ranks in career mode let alone doing S. I have done only S ranks in ring race events in career mode. The rest I have tried a lot but cannot even do A for a lot of them and in some races even getting B very hard but I did got B for all.
---
I...WON'T LET YOU...GET AWAY...WITH THISSSSS.........
#2FredCat07Posted 11/15/2012 7:23:24 AM
Well, how can we tell what vehicle will he get back in once the track changed? Like from Ground to Water?
---
I used to be hearing person like you, until I took the fever in my ears. ~FredCat
#3Setnaro XPosted 11/15/2012 7:50:20 AM
For your first complaint, they had to tone down on the All Stars abilities so that they can work online. That includes all the animations and special sequences that were in the first game. They simplified it down to plane form for everyone plus a basic unique attack to go along with it.

Second complaint. It's called a CHALLENGE. One major complaint from the first game was how ridiculously easy it was to unlock all the tracks and characters. Since everything you did earned you SEGA miles, there was practically no reason to play the Grand Prix or most of the single player stuff. It also didn't take up too much time to do so. I remember players saying they got everything and just never touched the game again.

For this game, they upped the difficulty for veterans looking to stay seated with the game for a long time. I like that it's very hard. Reminiscent of the classic days where you had to work to unlock special stuff. Makes earning it all the more rewarding.
---
http://backloggery.com/SetnaroX
"Proper sound shatters glass. Proper sound shatters the Universe."
#4gokuKOG(Topic Creator)Posted 11/15/2012 8:47:15 AM
Setnaro X posted...
For your first complaint, they had to tone down on the All Stars abilities so that they can work online. That includes all the animations and special sequences that were in the first game. They simplified it down to plane form for everyone plus a basic unique attack to go along with it.

Second complaint. It's called a CHALLENGE. One major complaint from the first game was how ridiculously easy it was to unlock all the tracks and characters. Since everything you did earned you SEGA miles, there was practically no reason to play the Grand Prix or most of the single player stuff. It also didn't take up too much time to do so. I remember players saying they got everything and just never touched the game again.

For this game, they upped the difficulty for veterans looking to stay seated with the game for a long time. I like that it's very hard. Reminiscent of the classic days where you had to work to unlock special stuff. Makes earning it all the more rewarding.

You are right us veterans can still try and unlock all things, can even do 100% somehow but what about the rookies....its so difficult that they wont be able to unlock a few characters and stages. If they pay for a game then they at least deserve all the characters and stages if not 100%.
---
#5AkaimizuPosted 11/15/2012 9:01:38 AM
Traditionally, that's not how it works. There were always some secret stuff only the better players can achieve. Other players had to work for it, because they'll eventually be good enough to get it.

It was only with some more recent games, of this ilk, that made it so that racers could get 100% without having to beat the hard courses while they're still hard.

So it's a difference between traditional mindset and the starting around mid-90s console mindset that a number of developers did.
---
"because 'Clerks' is NINJA in itself." - Ninja Mask lessons by Vem Reld (http://server6.uploadit.org/files/greatisgood-Ninja.jpg)
#6The_Shadow_LinkPosted 11/15/2012 9:22:19 AM
Pretty much the answers have already been said. Game is challenging, but I'm someone who 100% F-Zero GX. Bring on the challenge, I can handle it.

If you can't handle it, there might be an Unlock Key released on the Marketplace for a relatively cheap price to unlock everything in the game, like there was with the first game.
---
Wanting to become a wolf to end all of my life's problems.
People who agree with me: 37, Comment about it if you agree. ~*Ancient Status*~
#7gokuKOG(Topic Creator)Posted 11/15/2012 10:44:09 AM
The_Shadow_Link posted...
Pretty much the answers have already been said. Game is challenging, but I'm someone who 100% F-Zero GX. Bring on the challenge, I can handle it.

If you can't handle it, there might be an Unlock Key released on the Marketplace for a relatively cheap price to unlock everything in the game, like there was with the first game.

so if you are a rookie then you have to pay for the content you are supposed to get when you paid in full for the disk...seriously the lamest thing ever.
---
#8jpraelsterPosted 11/15/2012 11:37:53 AM
gokuKOG posted...
The_Shadow_Link posted...

so if you are a rookie then you have to pay for the content you are supposed to get when you paid in full for the disk...seriously the lamest thing ever.

Considering the game is only 40 bucks I dont see the complaint
#9sshadow5002Posted 11/15/2012 11:44:46 AM
An unlock key would likely be 80 points. If ya can't afford that then get better at the game or save up your pocket money.
---
A 2006 study concluded that 82% of people who don't know what they're talking about use false statistics.
#10R_Fated_CirclePosted 11/15/2012 12:29:49 PM
just picked up the game played the first 4-5 tracks in world tour game does seem a little challenging but it could be that i just haven't adjusting to my characters controls and track layouts yet. But then again challenging games to me even if it's wrapped in a kid like package like sonic or mario does not bother me at all
---
Where's your passion fight like you mean it! "Hilde - Soul Calibur V"