battle races and traffic events tips anyone?

#1gokuKOGPosted 11/16/2012 7:20:30 AM
I am having a lot of trouble doing them in S rank. Can anyone plz suggest some good tips or strategies for any of them. Thanks in advance.
---
I...WON'T LET YOU...GET AWAY...WITH THISSSSS.........
#2FredCat07Posted 11/16/2012 7:36:33 AM
Just boost after you get around the corner.
---
I used to be hearing person like you, until I took the fever in my ears. ~FredCat
#3Setnaro XPosted 11/16/2012 8:35:37 AM(edited)
What I did for battle races was remain in last place. Not too far back, but just enough so that I can see my opponents and so I don't get hit with a surprise reverse attack. From here, the best weapon to use is Ice. Aim for one guy and shoot one ice, let him recover, then again, then once more. I believe its 3 hits needed to eliminate someone, but I don't quite recall. If you get the hot rod, activate it from way back so that you can catch up to the racers and be able to detonate the bomb at full blast, then slow down and let them continue.

Traffic. The best I can tell you is to use a character that has the best handling. You don't need to drift in this challenge, though if you can find a spot, I'd say go for it. If not, just focus more on driving straight then. If you need speed, the boost panels have you covered. The blue police cars follow your actions steering wise, but are about one second late in doing so, so if you see one, veer off into one side of the lane, then as soon he's in front, veer to the opposite side. It's pretty tough with a crowded area. And one last thing, DON'T MISS THE MINI CHECKPOINTS THAT ARE SCATTERED IN TRAFFIC. They are crucial to the whole event. The big checkpoints reduce the amount of seconds you earn, with the 2nd to last one only giving you 2 seconds. The mini checkpoints always give you 4 seconds.

*EDIT* One last suggestion. Use a character that has both good handling and good acceleration. With good acceleration, if you get hit by a car, they'll recover much quicker. Also, I've yet to try this, but see if the slot machine in World Tour help do anything.
---
http://backloggery.com/SetnaroX
"Proper sound shatters glass. Proper sound shatters the Universe."
#4gokuKOG(Topic Creator)Posted 11/16/2012 9:26:13 AM
Setnaro X posted...
What I did for battle races was remain in last place. Not too far back, but just enough so that I can see my opponents and so I don't get hit with a surprise reverse attack. From here, the best weapon to use is Ice. Aim for one guy and shoot one ice, let him recover, then again, then once more. I believe its 3 hits needed to eliminate someone, but I don't quite recall. If you get the hot rod, activate it from way back so that you can catch up to the racers and be able to detonate the bomb at full blast, then slow down and let them continue.

Traffic. The best I can tell you is to use a character that has the best handling. You don't need to drift in this challenge, though if you can find a spot, I'd say go for it. If not, just focus more on driving straight then. If you need speed, the boost panels have you covered. The blue police cars follow your actions steering wise, but are about one second late in doing so, so if you see one, veer off into one side of the lane, then as soon he's in front, veer to the opposite side. It's pretty tough with a crowded area. And one last thing, DON'T MISS THE MINI CHECKPOINTS THAT ARE SCATTERED IN TRAFFIC. They are crucial to the whole event. The big checkpoints reduce the amount of seconds you earn, with the 2nd to last one only giving you 2 seconds. The mini checkpoints always give you 4 seconds.

*EDIT* One last suggestion. Use a character that has both good handling and good acceleration. With good acceleration, if you get hit by a car, they'll recover much quicker. Also, I've yet to try this, but see if the slot machine in World Tour help do anything.

ok thanks a lot.
---
#5gokuKOG(Topic Creator)Posted 11/16/2012 1:16:27 PM
I tried your method and thanks to that I was able to do battle races but I still have no luck with traffic events. I can hardly do them in A.
---