Game is just too hard

#21youngbroPosted 11/19/2012 10:44:47 PM
i actually found my downfall, im one of those guys who restart if i cant pass the 1st place spot early. but i learned the hard way that you actually need all 3 laps in this game to 1st place it. i played straight through no restarts and i havent lost yet on expert.

now if i can just beat that traffic challenge with ammo.

just another weird glitch/ai exploit ive seen, i tested this restarting about 15 times

it was Vyse, the race starts with a boost
he did a lv1 boost and somehow starts the race in about 4th place all the way from 9th beating all lv3 start boost opponent
yet he with a lv2 charge after a couple of restarts and he didnt go nowhere near as fast as he was before.

which leads me to think theres a 4th start boost that you input as you take off
---
Darkness is power. Offer your soul or I will Izuna Drop you
PSN and XBL - TheSchwarr
#22Ikaruga_DC(Topic Creator)Posted 11/19/2012 11:06:38 PM
The AI in this game is so bad its totally broken. Not even fun to play. Im going to trade this and get back to real sega racers. I have perfectly respectable time attack scores but all the computer wants to do is destroy me.
---
YOU CANT BE SATISFIED WITHOUT IT - SEGA MODEL 2
#23SR71haloPosted 11/19/2012 11:11:06 PM
Ikaruga_DC posted...
Can I use the 2 player method then in the challenges.

I wont take any pleasure doing it this way.

Im afraid the reality is the AI is broke in this game. Such a shame but the first one is more fun.

I wouldn't call it broken, they're just harder and more aggressive. Keep playing and you'll get better.
---
Now Leave!
#24fhoplistPosted 11/19/2012 11:11:11 PM
I'm channeling my NES, Mega Man, and Ninja Gaiden skills.

Never say Die!
---
I made the beat
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qmv-3Jp7Tl4&feature=channel_page
#25TeaStrifePosted 11/20/2012 12:59:12 AM(edited)
I can't do videos since I don't have equipment but I can vouch - it does work. But not on Expert mode. ONly on Easy Normal and Hard.

Edit: Played through all the RACES for the first 3 world tours with this method on Hard and I won with little difficulty. The 2nd lap is when the rubber banding kicks in and the AI backs off allowing you a real easy win. Great way to get stars if you can't do it yourself. I don't blame you if you can't - it's hard.

I recommend finishing all the tours on B Rank then doing the races with this method to earn your stars.
---
3DS FC: 2750 - 1563 - 9751 (Australian - "Pan")
Mario Tennis Online: (S)Daisy
#26MashYouGoodPosted 11/20/2012 1:01:04 AM
People whining about challenging kart racers are really showing their age. The challenge in these games is their replay value. It's why I haven't played modern kart racers and keep going back to the classics.

Play Super Mario Kart on 150cc or Diddy Kong Racing without the zipper pad 'rainbow boost' and then get back to me on a what's a true kart racer challenge.
#27Ikaruga_DC(Topic Creator)Posted 11/20/2012 3:27:34 AM
Like I say, I can play with skill at this game and have good times on the leaderboards like I do with daytona and Outrun.

I am winning races but the whole computer AI has it in for me. This really needs to be balanced.

This game is supposed to be fun but the reward they give is so great with the hornet car that I am pushing myself so hard that its breaking down my enjoyment of the game.

I have gone from 1st to 5th on the 3rd lap so many times.

121 stars now anyway. I wil try to claw it to 130 tonight.
---
YOU CANT BE SATISFIED WITHOUT IT - SEGA MODEL 2
#28sshadow5002Posted 11/20/2012 3:59:07 AM
I got to 167 stars so all characters are unlocked. gonna try to get A Rank on everything now.

I got a few S ranks on the maps I'm good at. Also the persuit missions are really easy to S rank, pick a High handling car/mod and just take your time (the tank is pretty slow) gathering ammo and dodge, don't spam ammo just take potshots and you'll get through with full health easy.
---
A 2006 study concluded that 82% of people who don't know what they're talking about use false statistics.
#29TeaStrifePosted 11/20/2012 4:00:49 AM
sshadow5002 posted...
I got to 167 stars so all characters are unlocked. gonna try to get A Rank on everything now.

I got a few S ranks on the maps I'm good at. Also the persuit missions are really easy to S rank, pick a High handling car/mod and just take your time (the tank is pretty slow) gathering ammo and dodge, don't spam ammo just take potshots and you'll get through with full health easy.

Hmmm that would be a good mission type to S-rank. Thanks. I'm at 130 and I still need 30 more and I've A ranked all the race tracks but I can't S Rank em. I must need practice. I was hoping I could B Rank everything and unlock stuff but that wasn't the case.

I'll try this, thank you.
---
3DS FC: 2750 - 1563 - 9751 (Australian - "Pan")
Mario Tennis Online: (S)Daisy
#30sshadow5002Posted 11/20/2012 4:13:34 AM
Ring races arent to hard to S Rank either, pick a high handling car and keep trying.

try it on a lower rank for a easier practice and when your confident playthrough S rank (exactly same course with less time)
---
A 2006 study concluded that 82% of people who don't know what they're talking about use false statistics.