The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

I tried Hard once. And ONLY once.

#1DegalonPosted 11/20/2012 10:53:28 PM
Never again. Its the kind of "hard' where its not actually any more difficult. Its just that the AI goes completely BS.

- AI no longer gets slowed down by items.
- AI has infinitely better acceleration and top speed than me with every character, despite me playing a character with max acceleration and max top speed.
- All AI racers now ONLY target me, resulting in a near nonstop barrage of items on me.
- AI now constantly rams me in the bumper, preventing me from ever driving in the direction I need to.

That's not hard, nor is it fun. Its just stupid.
---
GT/PSN: DEGALON
MK: Sheeva/Mileena, SSF4: Guile, BB: Makoto, DOA4: Leon, SC4: Astaroth, SF3: Alex, AH3: Zenia Valov, Tekken: Bryan Fury, VF: Vanessa
#2ParaSpartanPosted 11/20/2012 11:07:26 PM
Try Expert. I cleared the first World Tour on Expert and switched down to Hard after because all of the BS is even worse in Expert.
---
~~SUPER SONIC FIGHTER~~
Sonic the Hedgehog FTW!
#3Fastest_SpartanPosted 11/21/2012 12:29:08 AM
Jeeze, how many "this game is too hard" topics are we going to get?
---
If someone tries to touch you, DO A BARREL ROLL!!!
#4Wario_manPosted 11/21/2012 12:31:32 AM
Fastest_Spartan posted...
Jeeze, how many "this game is too hard" topics are we going to get?

As many as it takes for a patch to be made to do something about it.
---
First I'll get the treasure, and then I'll get you.
#5Eric43Posted 11/21/2012 1:30:10 AM(edited)
Wait, we're talking about World Tour with the minimaps and stuff? I already have 130-ish stars just playing through the first four & a half worlds on 3-stars only. The computer is most definitely hard but I don't think it's Mario Kart rubber-band broken where they blast you with blue shells every five seconds. The only thing that seems "cheap" is that they accelerate off the line quicker than I do (well I'm using high speed, low accel cars).

The races are bad but other missions are equally as bad. Flying through the rings Superman 64 style sucked but I got better with the air controls. Then try the traffic mission Seaside Hill in World 5. You have to memorize where all the traffic is and have little room for error. That one took me a few hours to get down.

...never mind, there's probably a 4-star option after you beat the whole game so I'm in for a world of hurt I guess.

But right now I'm not as concerned about how hard the AI is as how do I unlock the "ultimate fan service character."
---
Non-Profit Sega Racing Game Blog! Wildly Intriguing:
www.phantomfullforce.com/
#6budden_11Posted 11/21/2012 2:02:39 AM
I have won all the stars on hard mode for the first world on world tour, but I only managed a tie-win on the first grand prix on hard mode, I finished 1st, 3rd, 6th and 1st, the BS i have is when I slow down before the end and someone flies past me, apart from that I like the challenge of a difficult game as last sonic racing was far too easy.
---
Gamertag: Budden260890
WWE Loyalist: 2001 - Present
#7FredCat07Posted 11/21/2012 2:45:13 AM
budden_11 posted...
I have won all the stars on hard mode for the first world on world tour, but I only managed a tie-win on the first grand prix on hard mode, I finished 1st, 3rd, 6th and 1st, the BS i have is when I slow down before the end and someone flies past me, apart from that I like the challenge of a difficult game as last sonic racing was far too easy.

First world? Duncha mean by first Cup?
---
I used to be hearing person like you, until I took the fever in my ears. ~FredCat
#8Pirate WezPosted 11/21/2012 4:51:44 AM
what you expect to beat hard in first week of learning the game? tell me this in 5 months of straight playing if its hard.
---
My Art Site http://w-e-z.deviantart.com/
#9FredCat07Posted 11/21/2012 5:53:47 AM
Pirate Wez posted...
what you expect to beat hard in first week of learning the game? tell me this in 5 months of straight playing if its hard.

Goku done that within a week, check his topic!
---
I used to be hearing person like you, until I took the fever in my ears. ~FredCat
#10Wario_manPosted 11/21/2012 7:51:06 AM
I've beaten a couple of the world events on hard, I refuse to do it on medium because there is no way in Hell I want to do them again to get the stuff you get from hard. I just want to get them out of the way, unlock the cool stuff and be awesome...but it is hard :(
---
If they won't sell it to you, it isn't piracy.