I tried Hard once. And ONLY once.

#31Eric43Posted 11/21/2012 2:23:18 PM
^ I was just curious...what are the stats for the Ages Mod and is it worth using in a race?
---
Non-Profit Sega Racing Game Blog! Wildly Intriguing:
www.phantomfullforce.com/
#32H HogPosted 11/21/2012 3:12:30 PM
Wario_man posted...
I've beaten a couple of the world events on hard, I refuse to do it on medium because there is no way in Hell I want to do them again to get the stuff you get from hard. I just want to get them out of the way, unlock the cool stuff and be awesome...but it is hard :(

Hate to disappoint you dude, but if you're clearing everything on Hard now for the sake of not having to clear the levels a second time... I can already tell you now you're gonna have to play through all the missions at least one more time anyway, since you unlock "S Rank (Expert)" mode for every mission once you finish Tour for the first time.
---
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.
#33ExuNavarinIdaraPosted 11/21/2012 3:41:40 PM
I think I might send Sumo Digital a parcel containing a box of rubber bands.
---
I'm the squash for your juice,
I'm pure, I'm concentrate.
#34gokuKOGPosted 11/22/2012 12:37:08 AM
Guys guys let me tell you this. I was the first one on this board to complain about the difficulty of this game because i got the game early ( thanks to Toys R Us) and I was really pissed. I said bad thing about the game and the company on these boards after that. Then I thought to myself "to hell with this stupid game, I will just do B ranks and unlock whatever I can with B rank and then leave this stupid game".

But after playing on B rank ( doing all tours and also Grand Prix mode) I learned so many new things, learned my mistakes, learned and practiced the stages so much that in the end I thought" Why not do some A ranks so that I can get 165 stars to get AGES" so i turned to As. After that my skills were very polished and I was also able to do S ranks without any problem (except for traffic lol) and now I have all 232 stars and gladly enjoying the game with my local friends. Now that i think of my complaining in the start...I think of myself as some stupid noob scrubtard.

All I am saying is that the game is difficult but not impossible and with practice and learning ....anyone can do it.
---
I...WON'T LET YOU...GET AWAY...WITH THISSSSS.........
#35FredCat07Posted 11/22/2012 3:57:18 AM
gokuKOG posted...
Guys guys let me tell you this. I was the first one on this board to complain about the difficulty of this game because i got the game early ( thanks to Toys R Us) and I was really pissed. I said bad thing about the game and the company on these boards after that. Then I thought to myself "to hell with this stupid game, I will just do B ranks and unlock whatever I can with B rank and then leave this stupid game".

But after playing on B rank ( doing all tours and also Grand Prix mode) I learned so many new things, learned my mistakes, learned and practiced the stages so much that in the end I thought" Why not do some A ranks so that I can get 165 stars to get AGES" so i turned to As. After that my skills were very polished and I was also able to do S ranks without any problem (except for traffic lol) and now I have all 232 stars and gladly enjoying the game with my local friends. Now that i think of my complaining in the start...I think of myself as some stupid noob scrubtard.

All I am saying is that the game is difficult but not impossible and with practice and learning ....anyone can do it.

So I am curious of how you get past the gate in final cup if you are stuck to Class B... I went up to there and just stopped because of that.
---
I used to be hearing person like you, until I took the fever in my ears. ~FredCat
#36DarkAdonis123Posted 11/22/2012 4:45:23 AM
ExuNavarinIdara posted...
I think I might send Sumo Digital a parcel containing a box of rubber bands.

Yeah, I think I will too.
---
If Platinum was HAND drawn, she'd be on paper, fool. This is a video game. They just made her on screen, no "drawing" involved -Delano7 on BlazBlue
#37gokuKOGPosted 11/22/2012 4:47:54 AM
I didnt say I was stuck in B rank, I did all Bs then a few As so that I can unlock Ages(165 stars) and then slowly got all S ranks and got 232 stars and if I remember right the last gate requires 200 stars. 232 is only for the last MOD of AGES.
---
I...WON'T LET YOU...GET AWAY...WITH THISSSSS.........
#38PyroDillbrainPosted 11/22/2012 8:31:22 AM
didn't the tc just get done saying how the leaderboards were hacked and fake?

I think this might be why

tc, the game isn't out to get you and even if it were, making threads about it on gamefaqs instead of going and getting better at the game is not going to help matters. the game was designed so that "expert" actually means something. you have to be very good at the game to finish expert mode world tour. you have to be good at the game to beat hard. if you keep grinding at it, you will get better--that's how they designed the game.

consider the skills you are working on by doing hard and expert mode. boost and drift challenges help you improve your precision, pursuit and traffic challenges help you get better at spotting and avoiding items, time trials and boost races help you get faster and races, battle races and versus put it all together.

this is the first game in a long time that actually make the hard and expert modes live up to their names without being completely unfair. I lose to the expert AI now maybe once every 20-30 races with any given character and mod (so long as it's not completely unsuitable for the track), and I started out losing to hard AI probably 90% of the time. the game is not fair on expert, this is true (and even then it's only the standard bonuses to acceleration and handling). but on hard and lower, there are no cheats or tricks that the AI use to get an edge on you. if you are losing to them, it's user error.
---
twitch.tv/fiveleafclover
xbl: Q cumberR
#39megasoniczxxPosted 11/22/2012 9:53:06 PM
Wario_man posted...
It is a shame because the reason I really loved the first one was because it was a breath of fresh air from the chaos and calamity that the Mario Kart series brought and it was relatively balanced but now this game seems to have thrown all that out the window and just become a Mario Kart clone. You aren't safe anywhere in the race, things come out you from every direction, enemies are stupid fast and oddly enough, I don't even think the character designs and graphics are as attractive as the first game. Maybe it is just me..Also, Metal Sonic clapping during the trophy ceremony was not okay.

why do people call it a mario kart clone just because of difficulty? everytime I do get hit by items on here it doesn't put me all the way back in last and not only that there's one big major difference, the red shell is dodgeable here and there is no blue shell that can't be avoided to things which seperate this quite well plus mario kart isn't that chaotic its just that the player is literally always at the wrong place at the wrong time due to computer on there always having something to hit you with the second that blue shell hits you.