Speculation: Sonic and All-Stars Fighters

#1Daniel_MakuPosted 11/22/2012 5:01:26 PM
So, Nintendo has made its mark on fighters with Super Smash Bros., Sony is trying to steal their lightning with Playstation All-Stars, so I think that it's high time Sega make their own cross-over fighter, especially considering that, as the racing games have shown, they have an extremely rich library of games, characters, and settings to choose from.

The gameplay doesn't even have to necessarily mimic Super Smash Bros. It could be a three-dimensional fighter like the games developed by CyberConnect2 for Naruto, .hack//,, and JoJo's Bizarre Adventure.

Anywho, onto speculation of characters and stages.

Characters
-
Sonic
All-Star: Super Sonic Blast (goes super, creates an explosion that harms all opponents)

Tails
All-Star: Cyclone Deploy (summons the Cyclone mech from SA2 for a short while)

Knuckles
All-Star: Emerald Duster (Powerful linear punch)

Amy
All-Star: Piko-Piko Meteor (Hammer grows enormous and flattens enemies in front of her)

Shadow
All-Star: Chaos Control (All opponents are temporarily slowed down)

Dr. Eggman
All-Star: Egg Cannon (Giant laser attack)

Gillius Thunderhead (Golden Axe)
All-Star: Bizzarian Steed (summons a purple lizard to ride upon and attack with)

Joe Musashi (Shinobi)
All-Star: Fire Jutsu (uses the fire jutsu from the Shinobi games to incinerate nearby enemies)

Beat (Jet Set Radio)
All-Star: Graffiti Soul (temporarily becomes faster and stronger)

Alis Landale (Phantasy Star)
All-Star: Phantasy Union (combination attack with Odin, Lutz, and Myau)

Shou (Burning Rangers)
All-Star: Burning Blast-off (Fire engulfs the arena)

Jack Cayman (Madworld/Anarchy Reigns)
All-Star: Gator Bite (Thrusts chainsaw-arm forward)

Duke (E-SWAT)
All-Star: Siege Cannon (police officers rain cannon fire upon the arena, ala the smart-bomb from Streets of Rage)

Harrier (Space Harrier)
All-Star: Space Dragon (summons the dragon from the bonus rounds of Space Harrier to ride upon)

Stages
-
Sonic: Green Hill, Chemical Plant, Sky Sanctuary, Death Egg
Shinobi: Orient Castle
Golden Axe: The Wilderness
Phantasy Star: Planet Motavia
Space Harrier: Fantasy Zone
Jet Set Radio: Benten-cho
Yakuza: Kamuracho

Possible bosses
-
Mother Brain (Phantasy Star 2)
Mr. X (Streets of Rage)
Metal Sonic
#2SSJGrimReaperPosted 11/22/2012 5:16:05 PM
I'd probably cut back on the Sonic characters, 3 representatives is enough IMO. Sonic/Knuckles/Shadow would be good enough. Tails could be used in one of Sonic's attacks like coming in to provide air support or something, Eggman/Robotnik should be a boss or at least a mini boss and Amy's hammer could be used as temporary item drop.
---
Big Apple, 3 A.M.
http://i.imgur.com/LPi7w.gif
#3kyrios2099Posted 11/22/2012 8:17:39 PM
There's actually one, Fighters Megamix on The Saturn. includes Virtua Fighters, Fighting Vipers, Sonic ,Rent A Hero, Janet from virtua cop 2 and A car from Daytona.
#4peny pickerPosted 11/22/2012 9:40:10 PM
SSJGrimReaper posted...
I'd probably cut back on the Sonic characters, 3 representatives is enough IMO. Sonic/Knuckles/Shadow would be good enough. Tails could be used in one of Sonic's attacks like coming in to provide air support or something, Eggman/Robotnik should be a boss or at least a mini boss and Amy's hammer could be used as temporary item drop.

I'd deffo have Sonic, Tails and Knuckles...maybe Eggman and 1 other. (Think Mario, Luigi, Toad, Bowser)
---
I started the amazing QSTP in 7 seconds, thus you must bow down to me!
http://hubpages.com/profile/S.Graveson
#5gokuKOGPosted 11/23/2012 1:32:21 AM
SEGA....make it happen, but not only on that stupid Wii but also on 360 and PS3.
---
I...WON'T LET YOU...GET AWAY...WITH THISSSSS.........
#6gokuKOGPosted 11/23/2012 1:40:27 AM
Although I would really like Hotsuma or Hibana, not Joe Musashi.
---
I...WON'T LET YOU...GET AWAY...WITH THISSSSS.........
#7LonelyGoombaPosted 11/23/2012 2:31:15 AM
I wouldn't be surprised if this happens
#8FredCat07Posted 11/23/2012 3:21:08 AM
gokuKOG posted...
SEGA....make it happen, but not only on that stupid Wii but also on 360 and PS3.

It's because Smash Bros already occupied that console. So Sonic have to find other console to fill up.
---
I used to be hearing person like you, until I took the fever in my ears. ~FredCat
#9DiagatoxPosted 11/23/2012 5:30:53 AM
What about Football Manager?
Can't decide on the allstar, either Zidane headbutt or Cantona kung-fu kick.
---
Gamertag- Wooderon
#10pirajacintoPosted 11/23/2012 5:48:36 AM
I remember listening to interviews while this game was coming out, that they really do want to make a Smash style game, though more like Playstation All Stars. The biggest issue is figuring out the heights of each character, so they were thinking maybe a mace battle game.
---
It was great seeing Aerith run around Times Square and Pedigree opponents in the train station. - Strife2
If love can hurt, then surely hate can save. - Altena