Am I the only one finding the graphics...

#1Edwin LimPosted 11/23/2012 9:24:57 AM
...to be worse than the last game? The resolution and textures got a big nerf. Still a fun game regardless.
---
Driving a PC racer with the keyboard is about as effective as typing an e-mail with your car's steering wheel. ~ Brian Ekberg
#2greebe55Posted 11/23/2012 9:53:21 AM
i have trouble seeing where the hell i am meant to be going lol, its hard to see where to go somtimes, especially on the burning rangers level
#3Rude HeroPosted 11/23/2012 10:38:06 AM
The graphics appear superior to me, even the stages that have been revived from the first.
---
I don't like killing people from geographical location A, but have no qualm killing people from geographical location B.
#4ParaSpartanPosted 11/23/2012 11:02:17 AM
The tracks have gotten more complex and have added a lot of flavor with stuff going on but the overall graphical fidelity seems to have dropped. The first game was very crisp and this one couldn't have more jaggies.
---
~~SUPER SONIC FIGHTER~~
Sonic the Hedgehog FTW!
#5SR71haloPosted 11/23/2012 11:03:16 AM
Rude Hero posted...
The graphics appear superior to me, even the stages that have been revived from the first.

This, the graphics are clearly better.
---
Now Leave!
#6TheOmegaShenPosted 11/23/2012 12:23:26 PM
SR71halo posted...
Rude Hero posted...

---
Casshern Sins
#7FredCat07Posted 11/23/2012 4:02:14 PM
TheOmegaShen posted...
SR71halo posted...
Rude Hero posted...

---
I used to be hearing person like you, until I took the fever in my ears. ~FredCat
#8Edwin Lim(Topic Creator)Posted 11/23/2012 7:02:28 PM
ParaSpartan posted...
The tracks have gotten more complex and have added a lot of flavor with stuff going on but the overall graphical fidelity seems to have dropped. The first game was very crisp and this one couldn't have more jaggies.

Yeah, exactly what I thought. Lots of jaggies everywhere and the overall texture quality dropped a ton compared to the 1st game. I guessed they lowered the visuals because you aern't restricted to just the track this time round. That or they didn't want the visuals to be too much different from the Wii versions.
---
Driving a PC racer with the keyboard is about as effective as typing an e-mail with your car's steering wheel. ~ Brian Ekberg
#9Edwin Lim(Topic Creator)Posted 11/23/2012 7:10:43 PM
Rude Hero posted...

Not sure if your kidding or not. Fire up the first game then compare the visuals on the same TV. Clearly you have never played the first game. That or you have never played the game on a HDTV.
---
#10IceHedgePosted 11/23/2012 9:16:01 PM
The only stage that looks worse than the last game is the NiGHTS level, at least the Dream Valley portion. It looks like they literally took the Saturn level's data and placed it in SRT without little alteration. I don't mind it, but the lack of contrast, shading, and all the other stuff found in the other levels is a little jarring.

Overall I think this game looks better than the last. Both games remain to be the only games that make my eyes bloodshot red making me take a break. Due to all the bright colors I guess?
---
Tired of obeying the rules only for the condescending enforcers to punish the good.