the cast & the weapon system were better in the original.

#1GlassRabbitPosted 11/23/2012 8:52:48 PM
i still love the game, but the newcomers suck. i have no desire to play as any of them.

the weapon system is also a downgrade IMO. the weapons in the original just worked so much better. there was a reason the original sonic racer was a complete mario kart clone, because those weapons work best.

i like the glove, but only to block attacks from behind. it makes no sense that it can protect you in the front as well. they should have kept the force field bubble to block all attacks, and the glove to catch attacks only from behind. the drone is also cool, but the rest suck. especially the twister.

just my thoughts. i've been playing a lot, and i should unlock everything in the world tour within the next day or two.

----
#2Skull06Posted 11/23/2012 9:05:59 PM
I agree with the characters. Better selection in the first. This game has some bright spots, but I'm just perplexed why we have Gum and MeMe who are just different skins of Beat and AiAi when those slots could have went to more popular characters.

That, and the online crap where when I get rubbed by another racer sending me into the wall and a dead stop is really making me miss part 1 even more.
---
On Sara Silverman's attractiveness: "I am not into bestiality, so no, I am not attracted to that god damned centaur" -- Phantasium
#3SR71haloPosted 11/23/2012 9:12:37 PM(edited)
I've found the new items far more useful and more fun, actually. They feel more original than obvious Mario Kart rip offs in the first game, and others were just nearly useless like the bombs and the horn.

rockets = red shells
cones = banana peels
speed shoe = mushrooms
all star = bullet bill

That's not to say weapons like that aren't in this game (like the blow fish and boost) but it's got some neat items too like the glove (like the shield but you can use the item you catch) and swarm (this game's answer to the blue shell, but not nearly as idiotic, proving you can screw over the person in front without ruining the game). The only one I found worthless is the firework.

That, and the online crap where when I get rubbed by another racer sending me into the wall and a dead stop is really making me miss part 1 even more.

That's good, actually. The cars actually have weight on them unlike the first.
---
Now Leave!
#4Skull06Posted 11/23/2012 9:22:11 PM
Ah, but that's not the problem. That's the way it should be. There's some sort of connection or latency issue where when people rub me, as Eggman no less, I catapult across the screen into a dead stop. It has completely ruined enjoying online. It supposedly goes away if you are the host, but I've yet to be the host.
---
On Sara Silverman's attractiveness: "I am not into bestiality, so no, I am not attracted to that god damned centaur" -- Phantasium
#5aluccardPosted 11/23/2012 9:34:13 PM
I agree that the weapons made more sense in the first game.
But I'd definitely take these new characters over the old ones. Vyse and Shinobi are all I care to play now.
---
-Aluccard
Currently Playing: Halo 4
#6summerclawPosted 11/23/2012 10:14:33 PM
I really hate the little toy car. It takes a little bit too much to hit you. Enough that you can't stop it with a well time boost, screws me up everytime.
---
In every loss, in every lie, in every truth that you'd deny
And each regret and each goodbye was a mistake too great to hide.
#7pirajacintoPosted 11/24/2012 4:25:36 AM
*spoilers*

I actually don't have an issue with the roster you play as. I did at first, the fact that I think all of the Sega Superstars Tennis people made it into this game which is...annoying, to say the least, but, the main reason I liked the roster in the last game was because they were there. Luckily, they are here also! As background stage people, but the fact that they aren't forgotten is what makes me happy to see them, so I don't mind the roster that's playable this time in this game in that regard.
---
It was great seeing Aerith run around Times Square and Pedigree opponents in the train station. - Strife2
If love can hurt, then surely hate can save. - Altena