Hopes for the next game:

#21gsk6390Posted 11/26/2012 6:38:17 AM
FredCat07 posted...
Mario and Luigi are complete different by Brawl right now, but indeed Ganondorf was complete clone of Captain Falcon but not anymore in the Brawl

^This is false. Luigi is still a semi-clone of Mario and Ganondorf is still a clone of Captain Falcon
---
100 Awesome Kirbys: http://www.vgcats.com/comics/?strip_id=253
UK gamer with online Smash64 and MvC3
#22FredCat07Posted 11/26/2012 6:52:49 AM
CharityDiary posted...
ILikesCheese posted...
Who says there even will be a NEXT game? Someone is getting a little ahead of themselves....

There should be! They keep getting better.

And harder -_-

Besides, Xbox needs a Mario Kart equivalent. Which is why they should go the Double Dash route!

Look at Smash Bros. they always come out unexpected! But not this time, Wii U version.

gsk6390 posted...
FredCat07 posted...
Mario and Luigi are complete different by Brawl right now, but indeed Ganondorf was complete clone of Captain Falcon but not anymore in the Brawl

^This is false. Luigi is still a semi-clone of Mario and Ganondorf is still a clone of Captain Falcon

Prove it! In Brawl, Ganondorf's complete different from Captain Falcon. Ganondorf's punch on his left, not right. He choked other player with his dash attack while Falcon just bat them off. Of course, their jump attack (Up + B) are same, but Ganon's little longer and blew off with dark element rather than fire.
---
I used to be hearing person like you, until I took the fever in my ears. ~FredCat
#23Edwin LimPosted 11/26/2012 7:19:00 AM
The next game will probably be on Sony's or Microsoft's next console.
---
Driving a PC racer with the keyboard is about as effective as typing an e-mail with your car's steering wheel. ~ Brian Ekberg
#24DegalonPosted 11/26/2012 9:26:29 AM
FredCat07 posted...
CharityDiary posted...
ILikesCheese posted...
Who says there even will be a NEXT game? Someone is getting a little ahead of themselves....

There should be! They keep getting better.

And harder -_-

Besides, Xbox needs a Mario Kart equivalent. Which is why they should go the Double Dash route!

Look at Smash Bros. they always come out unexpected! But not this time, Wii U version.

gsk6390 posted...
FredCat07 posted...

Prove it! In Brawl, Ganondorf's complete different from Captain Falcon. Ganondorf's punch on his left, not right. He choked other player with his dash attack while Falcon just bat them off. Of course, their jump attack (Up + B) are same, but Ganon's little longer and blew off with dark element rather than fire.

Yeah, thats not "completely different". That's "slightly different". As in, "still essentially the same."

Sonic and Mario are different characters. This is like arguing that Ryu and Ken are "totally different."
---
GT/PSN: DEGALON
MK: Sheeva/Mileena, SSF4: Guile, BB: Makoto, DOA4: Leon, SC4: Astaroth, SF3: Alex, AH3: Zenia Valov, Tekken: Bryan Fury, VF: Vanessa
#25gokuKOGPosted 11/26/2012 10:13:55 AM
I strongly disagree with 1 and 2. The rest are ok.
---
I...WON'T LET YOU...GET AWAY...WITH THISSSSS.........
#26ILikesCheesePosted 11/26/2012 1:38:41 PM
FredCat07 posted...

The first one in 1999 was unexpected. The rest were all announced long, long, long before they were released.
---
If you're omnipotent and all-powerful...why would you need to REST? On the 7th or ANY day?
#27Setnaro XPosted 11/26/2012 7:34:14 PM
Mario Kart: Double Dash two-rider system!
The idea behind Double Dash is nice, in theory. But in reality, this isn't as fun as most people to seem to make it out. Hooray, you're working cooperatively with a friend. You have to be well in communication with your buddy to get things done, and in a racing game, that's not something I want to focus on. I want to focus on racing AND using my weapons the way I want to. My friends and relatives can never shoot the items correctly, even when I prompt them to. So no, no two rider system.

Less driving, more racing!
This is more your problem then anything else. Obviously, there are track issues in this game that needs some fixing quick, like the snake's mouth issue in Adder's Lair, but overall, the stages themselves were designed very well for racing. If the track messes you up, learn from it.

More characters!
...Why can't we have like 50 or 100 characters? The characters don't play that differently

Even though the characters are doing the exact same task, they are far from similar. Part of what I loved about the first game was the character's animations as they raced. They weren't just sitting there doing nothing like Mario Kart DS, but rather they were jumping around based on their personality. Sonic hopping up to do a spin dash, B.D. Joe standing on the hood doing a dance, and so on and so forth. That has plenty of charm that allows racers to be distinguishable in more then just their look. Transformed had to unfortunately tone down on those animations in favor of the more complex stuff that went into the vehicles, but they still had enough motion to carry out their charms.

This is why we can't have like 50 characters. Even though SEGA's world is diverse, it's rather difficult to slam that much content in along with all their respective animations and such AND have diverse racetracks. In a perfect world, we'd have 100 racers, but c'mon, there ARE limits every now and then.

Less re-skinned characters!
I can get behind this. I'd rather we have one character per franchise in crossover titles in order to bring more diversity.

Why was Big the Cat removed from the game to make room for a female re-skin of AiAi?
I love how people use the Chewbacca defense to try and bring a point in these kinds of situation. "Oh, Big the Cat is missing. And Meemee is in. That can only mean they got rid of Big in order to make room for Meemee!". No, just no. Big was removed because ultimately nobody really cares much for Big. And while the same can be said for Meeme, the connection that Big was thrown out to place in Meemee is just fans grasping at straws. Actually, Meemee and Pudding were added in because Sumo had the models to work with as well as having a template to easily work off of (Beat and Aiai respectively) and pulled out their own money to work them in to try and add more to the roster. Could they have done the same with the characters that were removed from the first game? Of course, but a few of the characters were removed because of vehicle design issues and a few of the rules that Sumo had in place in order to not give them any problems with working in their transformation aspect. No motorcycles and no vehicles where 2 characters share the seats simultaneously.

Better, more memorable weapons!
This I can get behind, but unfortunately it's not going to happen. This is actually SEGA's call. They don't want items from other series being used in other places in order to help make that stage stand out. You can argue that the item boxes are something that comes from the Sonic series, but the bubble with the question mark in it is just about generic enough to work anywhere.
---
http://backloggery.com/SetnaroX
"Proper sound shatters glass. Proper sound shatters the Universe."
#28CharityDiary(Topic Creator)Posted 11/26/2012 7:55:33 PM
Setnaro X posted...
Mario Kart: Double Dash two-rider system!
The idea behind Double Dash is nice, in theory. But in reality, this isn't as fun as most people to seem to make it out. Hooray, you're working cooperatively with a friend. You have to be well in communication with your buddy to get things done, and in a racing game, that's not something I want to focus on. I want to focus on racing AND using my weapons the way I want to. My friends and relatives can never shoot the items correctly, even when I prompt them to. So no, no two rider system.

Whether you would use it or not doesn't matter. Ultimately, it would allow for more diversity in the gameplay.

Imagine playing solo, with Sonic as your driver and Shadow as your rider. You pick up an Ice Blast, and there are people behind you. You switch to rider and let the CPU Shadow drive the kart while you aim the Ice Blasts backwards. Wouldn't that be awesome?

And it wouldn't require communication between players. It doesn't require anything extra to be able to efficiently aim items your driver picks up, or to melee attack enemy karts.

It would be fun.
#29Setnaro XPosted 11/26/2012 9:44:54 PM(edited)
Whether you would use it or not doesn't matter. Ultimately, it would allow for more diversity in the gameplay.

Not really, no. It doesn't add diversity. You're essentially splitting apart 2 things that 1 player can already do alone. It's nothing more then an excuse for having another rider share the vehicle. This is more for multiplayer, but if you are playing single player, what's the point? If anything, the transformation gimmick in this game has more diversity because it allows tracks to be expanded to more then just ground racing. Galactic Parade and Carrier Zone is a perfect example.

Imagine playing solo, with Sonic as your driver and Shadow as your rider. You pick up an Ice Blast, and there are people behind you. You switch to rider and let the CPU Shadow drive the kart while you aim the Ice Blasts backwards. Wouldn't that be awesome?

No. The main core about racing is RACING. I want total control of my vehicle, not some CPU while I take aim. If I want to aim at players with a weapon, I'll make full use of the back camera and the weapons I'm supplied with to shoot back.

And it wouldn't require communication between players. It doesn't require anything extra to be able to efficiently aim items your driver picks up, or to melee attack enemy karts.

Even if you can aim your weapon, there will still be those moments where you'll need to have your partner in a certain position so you can get a BETTER aim, thus, communication is still in the active portion.

It would be fun.

Subjective.
---
http://backloggery.com/SetnaroX
"Proper sound shatters glass. Proper sound shatters the Universe."
#30gsk6390Posted 11/27/2012 4:10:18 PM
FredCat07 posted...
Prove it! In Brawl, Ganondorf's complete different from Captain Falcon

Ganondorf has 20 out of 23 moves in common with Captain Falcon (only Fair, Usmash and Final Smash are different). That's definitely still a clone. If you're gonna take into account differences in the properties of their moves, then there's no such things as clones in any Smash Bros game (or even any other fighting game series)

On topic: I highly doubt they'll ever have the 2 rider system. If they did, people would scream "OMG SEGA JUST KEEP RIPPING OFF NINTENDO! MARIO KART CLONE!" even more. Also...

CharityDiary posted...
Plus, the game already has a sort of dual-player system, with Beat and Gum, AiAi and MeMe, Ulala and Pudding, and even Eggman and Shadow!

...I haven't beaten the game yet, but is this true? If it is, I've never ever heard anyone else talk about it
---
100 Awesome Kirbys: http://www.vgcats.com/comics/?strip_id=253
UK gamer with online Smash64 and MvC3