The hard mode in this game is like.....

#1THINKb4uACTPosted 11/26/2012 8:35:01 AM
WTF?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SEGAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!! You bunch of M@r@ns!!!
What were you thinking?! Is this game made for litlle kids or adults?
---
If you keep playing the same game, dunno who to blame!
#2Edwin LimPosted 11/26/2012 8:53:36 AM
Yeah, this game in not meant for kids at all. It might looked like a kiddy game, but it requires the driving skills of an F1 champion and the luck of a gambling god. If you play World Tour far enough you will eventually unlock the 4th difficulty Expert. And some missions need to be completed on Expert to attain the 165 stars needed to unlock the final character. Doing all on Normal won't cut it.
---
Driving a PC racer with the keyboard is about as effective as typing an e-mail with your car's steering wheel. ~ Brian Ekberg
#3THINKb4uACT(Topic Creator)Posted 11/26/2012 2:22:54 PM
I agree with everything you say. It just so stupid what they did!
---
If you keep playing the same game, dunno who to blame!
#4SuplexKirbyPosted 11/27/2012 9:51:44 AM
From what I've played, most likely for the adults.
#5CharityDiaryPosted 11/27/2012 10:06:52 AM
SuplexKirby posted...
From what I've played, most likely for the adults.

Most adults won't have enough time to put into the game to complete Expert Mode lol
#6MysticNesslyPosted 11/27/2012 10:19:45 AM(edited)
Difficulty settings are in the game for a reason. Medium to give most players a challenge. Hard(er) difficulties give more advanced players challenge. If medium is too hard, then there's always Easy.

What's the point in having a "hard" difficulty setting if it's easy to beat?

It's fun. I don't understand all the gripes about the difficulty. If anything it adds replay value since it requires to you actually be a better player to unlock everything.

This is one of the few games where the difficulty is actually labeled correctly.

If it's too hard for your, drop the difficulty down. Problem solved.
#7CharityDiaryPosted 11/27/2012 10:22:07 AM
MysticNessly posted...
It's fun. I don't understand all the gripes about the difficulty. If anything it adds replay value since it requires to you actually be a better player to unlock everything.

This is one of the few games where the difficulty is actually labeled correctly.

Unnecessary artificial difficulty doesn't really add replay value. For example, if in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, all the enemies had bows with infinite arrows and could one-shot you from any distance, do you think people would have liked the game as much as they did? Absolutely not. It would have added unnecessary frustration, not replay value.

Kart racing games should not be this difficult. If Sumo would tone down the artificial difficulty, it would be fine. CPU racers should not go twice your speed until they're 15 seconds in front of you, and they shouldn't focus 99% of their attacks on you. That just adds 'artificial' difficulty.

It's like playing a stealth game where all the enemies constantly know where you are. It just defeats the purpose of it being a stealth game.

Just like the artificial difficulty defeats the purpose of this game being a RACING game. How are you supposed to RACE CPUs that constantly go faster than you? It's stupid.
#8MysticNesslyPosted 11/27/2012 10:28:37 AM
CharityDiary posted...
MysticNessly posted...

Unnecessary artificial difficulty doesn't really add replay value. For example, if in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, all the enemies had bows with infinite arrows and could one-shot you from any distance, do you think people would have liked the game as much as they did? Absolutely not. It would have added unnecessary frustration, not replay value.

Kart racing games should not be this difficult. If Sumo would tone down the artificial difficulty, it would be fine. CPU racers should not go twice your speed until they're 15 seconds in front of you, and they shouldn't focus 99% of their attacks on you. That just adds 'artificial' difficulty.

It's like playing a stealth game where all the enemies constantly know where you are. It just defeats the purpose of it being a stealth game.

Just like the artificial difficulty defeats the purpose of this game being a RACING game. How are you supposed to RACE CPUs that constantly go faster than you? It's stupid.

The point of the original poster was that the Hard difficulty setting is TOO hard. I'll admit that the game isn't perfect and it compensates for this with obviously cheating AI. HOWEVER, just like any other game, there are ways to overcome the cheating AI such as getting an early start (boost early and as much as possible), defending yourself from projectiles, and especially keeping your opponents back (once you're in 1st) with backwards attacks.

These tactics, based on my experience of the hard/expert difficulties, are great the best ways to get first.
#9CharityDiaryPosted 11/27/2012 10:35:05 AM
MysticNessly posted...
CharityDiary posted...
MysticNessly posted...

The point of the original poster was that the Hard difficulty setting is TOO hard. I'll admit that the game isn't perfect and it compensates for this with obviously cheating AI. HOWEVER, just like any other game, there are ways to overcome the cheating AI such as getting an early start (boost early and as much as possible), defending yourself from projectiles, and especially keeping your opponents back (once you're in 1st) with backwards attacks.

These tactics, based on my experience of the hard/expert difficulties, are great the best ways to get first.

Well, yes, there are ways to kind of overcome it. But for every one pick-up you obtain, there are three CPUs that are getting ready to slam you with theirs. And once you get in first, all the CPUs get a 200% speed boost. Great.

Expert mode is really hard. It's supposed to be hard... but it's hard for all the wrong reasons. The CPUs shouldn't be faster than you, they should just have expert driving skills. They also shouldn't ignore the other CPUs when they get power-ups.

So yes, there are ways to deal with the AI's unfairness, but the players shouldn't really have to do that.
#10Rude HeroPosted 11/27/2012 10:41:45 AM
Well I'd place it under family entertainment as there are elements that appeal to a wide variety of demographics. However the primary function of this game is clearly fan-service, many of whom would now be adults.
---
I don't like killing people from geographical location A, but have no qualm killing people from geographical location B.