The hard mode in this game is like.....

#11CharityDiaryPosted 11/27/2012 9:42:10 AM
Rude Hero posted...
Well I'd place it under family entertainment as there are elements that appeal to a wide variety of demographics. However the primary function of this game is clearly fan-service, many of whom would now be adults.

I'd agree with this.
#12MysticNesslyPosted 11/27/2012 10:04:40 AM(edited)
Rude Hero posted...
Well I'd place it under family entertainment as there are elements that appeal to a wide variety of demographics. However the primary function of this game is clearly fan-service, many of whom would now be adults.

Mmm I never thought of that. I agree too. Most of the younger crowds probably won't recognize most of these characters. Heck, I didn't recognize a few (Goldenaxe, Shinobi) and I was old enough to play the games when they were all released.

I think this game can serve as a fanservice to the older crowd and a great introduction to other SEGA characters for the younger crowd. My guess is that SEGA is building momentum in bringing out the old series (through All-Stars Racing, HD Re-releases), to eventually start pumping out new additions to those series. I'd love to see that.

OFFTOPIC: I'm still confused whether Ralph is a completely new video game character to make a tie-in with the movie or he was actually an old character. Can someone shed some light on this?
#13Rude HeroPosted 11/27/2012 10:25:39 AM
Ralph is from the film 'Wreck it Ralph' he is exclusive to this game only...so far, but his movie pays homage to many game characters, etc so who knows if he will appear again.
---
I don't like killing people from geographical location A, but have no qualm killing people from geographical location B.
#14Rock_Howard87Posted 11/27/2012 10:33:35 AM
Indeed, this is too damn hard. I've been getting the hang of it, and i'm almost at the last "world" on world tour playing every single level on hard.

it took a considerate effort to beat most of the races, but it seemed to get easier after I got Vyse. Not sure if he's really that good or I just got really better at the game. It's still a great game, but they really went too far with the difficult on this one.
---
Pokemon White FC: 2451 3987 6837
#15Rude HeroPosted 11/27/2012 11:34:15 AM
Once you get used to the difficulty which, with repeated playing, you will.
You'll probably find that you actually prefer it.
This is excluding Expert mode mind, Hard mode is fine, but Expert mode appears to be there for the sake of stars and achievements...and tears.
---
I don't like killing people from geographical location A, but have no qualm killing people from geographical location B.
#16HeroicSomaCruzPosted 11/27/2012 1:38:04 PM
Quote:Difficulty settings are in the game for a reason. Medium to give most players a challenge. Hard(er) difficulties give more advanced players challenge. If medium is too hard, then there's always Easy.

What's the point in having a "hard" difficulty setting if it's easy to beat?

It's fun. I don't understand all the gripes about the difficulty. If anything it adds replay value since it requires to you actually be a better player to unlock everything.

This is one of the few games where the difficulty is actually labeled correctly.

If it's too hard for your, drop the difficulty down. Problem solved.

@MysticNessly

No. Rubber band and psychic AI is no replacement for a good challenge. Game is cheap, and the AI was poorly done in this game.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.10
#17SR71haloPosted 11/27/2012 1:51:26 PM
The hard AI is fine to me. If you think that's hard, try expert.
---
Now Leave!
#18HeroicSomaCruzPosted 11/27/2012 2:29:59 PM
It's the rebirth of F-Zero GX, also made by Sega.
---
#19NatalyNeeSamaPosted 11/27/2012 2:52:46 PM(edited)
So...you complain because the hard mode is HARD?!

Gamers those days...

Just Kidding, but with some truth:

Earlier games was even harder and people didn't complained about it. Nowdays everything is so easy that if something is hard (Like Demon Souls), people says it's unfair and crap.
---
It's not about adding "in my opinion" to the end of every sentence, it's about wording things in a way that doesn't make people want to punch you!
#20HeroicSomaCruzPosted 11/27/2012 3:16:15 PM
Demon's Souls isn't even that hard. It's the sequel that will rough you up.
---