So I convinced myself to buy this for the full $40 retail.

#11CharityDiaryPosted 12/1/2012 7:34:06 PM
Chagen46 posted...
How dare a game be challenging and not hold your hand every step of the way!

There's a thing you need to do TC, it's called "Stop whining and get better".

Be nice or GTFO
#12Chagen46Posted 12/1/2012 7:41:31 PM
I'm sorry, I didn't know that GFAQS became a hugbox recently.
#13I_Got_Rhythm(Topic Creator)Posted 12/1/2012 7:42:49 PM
Chagen46 posted...
How dare a game be challenging and not hold your hand every step of the way!

There's a thing you need to do TC, it's called "Stop whining and get better".

I'm perfectly fine with a game being challenging to achieve certain goals. What I'm not fine with is the idea of making said goals unlocking characters- something that, relative to this game, affects its game-play/play-ability somewhat heavily.

Will I be able to unlock all of the characters? Yes. I'm pretty much there already now. Will a less experienced/younger gamer be able to? Probably not.

So more-or-less, "Stop whining and get better," is a phrase we'll have to reserve for the younger players whom you would likely expect would be catered to in a game like this- at least when it comes to particular avenues.

"Sorry little Joey, you can't play with half of the characters until you get dramatically better, insanely beyond the point which I would expect an 8 year old. Stop whining and get better."

No, you're right, that seems fair.
---
GT: Call Me Rhythm
SSBB FC - 5200-6413-1656
#14Great_STreasurePosted 12/2/2012 5:30:09 AM
Hey, think about it this way...said kids aren't the ones who the developers intended that would actually complete this game. And we all get a present from 2012 Christmas-on, so no biggie, they can just roll with Alex Kidd as they run through the World Tour!

If you think about it, the rewards are worth the challenge. Not many people liked the fact you could just race all day and not even touch the World Tour to unlock everything over a weekend's heavy gaming session, hence why you don't see the SEGA Miles system anymore (not even for just stat calculation).
---
The Gene Wedge of...no board in particular.
Kyurem and the Sacred Swordsman describes the Black 2 Boards best: "Mudada!"
#15Ice WeaselPosted 12/2/2012 8:51:06 AM
Yeah I quit playing when I realized the hard races consisted of this:

1) As soon as you get anywhere near the lead, you will get bombarded with a plethora of attacks

2) Your weapons do NOTHING against the cpu racers. I have seen a car encased in a block of ice fly past me. I have hit enemies with a Twister and they don't even slow down one bit.

Cheap as ****.
#16megasoniczxxPosted 12/2/2012 9:10:39 AM
Ice Weasel posted...

1) As soon as you get anywhere near the lead, you will get bombarded with a plethora of attacks

2) Your weapons do NOTHING against the cpu racers. I have seen a car encased in a block of ice fly past me. I have hit enemies with a Twister and they don't even slow down one bit.

Cheap as ****.

for the first complaint somehow this never ever happens to me at all so I don't really get it as for the 2nd complaint I think this one can be chocked up with the glitches cause the A.I. does slow down from items but sometimes the game doesn't read it properly and they won't slow down so hopefully it will get fixed but and the twister I think should at least slow people down a little because a player can just brush it off like nothing too since all it really does is reverse controls which just like the rainbow in the first game is nothing to you if you can handle it.
#17SR71haloPosted 12/2/2012 9:29:34 AM
Ice Weasel posted...

Cheap as ****.

The hard AI isn't that bad, it's the expert AI that does those things. Also, the twister is hardly supposed to slow you down, it just screws with your controls.
---
Now Leave!
#18Edwin LimPosted 12/2/2012 9:35:06 AM
At first I thought 165 stars to unlock the last character was difficult to obtain. But its not with some practice. However to unlock the console mod for the final character, you need all 232 stars.
---
Driving a PC racer with the keyboard is about as effective as typing an e-mail with your car's steering wheel. ~ Brian Ekberg
#19miociidPosted 12/2/2012 1:59:44 PM
This is what this generation of gamers has come down to... laziness. It is so sad seriously, back in the day had this game come out, no one would have complained, what happened to the good old days of working our behinds off to get everything in a game? People have gotten so used to getting everything spoon fed to them, even I find myself in the same situation. I was so frustrated with this game I thought to myself at one point screw it, im not unlocking the final two characters, but hey, the 10 year old me wouldn't have given up so easy back then. So in whatever free time I had for games, I sat down and patiently started playing world tour on expert. I finally unlocked the last character yesterday, and wow, did I feel a feeling I haven't felt in so long with regards to a game, I accomplished "something" in a game. Wish more games would be this punishing nowadays, this game gave me that 90's early 2000's vibe type of thing...
#20Legends KujaPosted 12/2/2012 8:26:00 PM
It's more 'we don't have time for this' rather than 'it's too hard'. People want the experience without all the time consuming. So many games, so little time.
---
Work that sucker to death, come on now, work that sucker to death!
The war begins, with earth trembling fear! Bold, brainy, and cold-hearted...