what does the all-star stat do?

#1kingman_73Posted 12/1/2012 9:44:05 AM
Topic. I got the game from gamefly, so no instructions. I can't figure out what the all-star stat does. Is it chance to get an all-star? Trick speed? I have no idea.i I've played with 1 allstar and max allstar stat and didn't see any difference
---
If less is more, just think how much more MORE would be.
#2magic_kidPosted 12/1/2012 2:14:05 PM
I think it just rates how good their All-Star is in terms of hitting other people. I've noticed that characters with area of effect All-Stars are generally ranked, while those with projecties are ranked higher.
#3FredCat07Posted 12/1/2012 3:40:47 PM
Like second poster said, the higher number it has, the better range it can shoot/strick on. Beat's All-Star is worst (1/6) while Tails' All-Star is best (5/6, only straight forth).
---
I used to be hearing person like you, until I took the fever in my ears. ~FredCat
#4Great_STreasurePosted 12/2/2012 5:21:56 AM
FredCat07 posted...
Like second poster said, the higher number it has, the better range it can shoot/strick on. Beat's All-Star is worst (1/6) while Tails' All-Star is best (5/6, only straight forth).

There are others who would disagree with Tails' being the best.
Joe Musashi has been complained about by people for having a very good All-Star, and AGES' F-14 Tomcat flying form appears with two more to fire missiles at opponents which home in.
---
The Gene Wedge of...no board in particular.
Kyurem and the Sacred Swordsman describes the Black 2 Boards best: "Mudada!"
#5ILikesCheesePosted 12/2/2012 9:47:45 AM
Gamefly or not, THERE ARE NO INSTRUCTIONS that come with this game. Either printed or in game. How lazy is THAT?!?
---
If you're omnipotent and all-powerful...why would you need to REST? On the 7th or ANY day?
#6Edwin LimPosted 12/2/2012 10:19:24 AM(edited)
There's no instruction booklet because Sega wants to save the earth. You need paper to make a booklet.

---
Driving a PC racer with the keyboard is about as effective as typing an e-mail with your car's steering wheel. ~ Brian Ekberg
#7gsk6390Posted 12/2/2012 11:01:04 AM
ILikesCheese posted...
Gamefly or not, THERE ARE NO INSTRUCTIONS that come with this game. Either printed or in game. How lazy is THAT?!?

I've noticed quite a few people say this. I only have the game on PS3 and my copy had a mini instruction booklet. Also, in-game they give you instructions, hints & tips during your first couple of goes at single player. Maybe it's just the 360 version with problems? Or maybe just releases outside of Europe?

Great_STreasure posted...
Joe Musashi has been complained about by people for having a very good All-Star, and AGES' F-14 Tomcat flying form appears with two more to fire missiles at opponents which home in

Tails' and AGES' All-Star are exactly the same in terms of gameplay AND in-game rating

@TC: From my experience (so take it with a grain of salt) it seems that each point in All-Star correlates to a different type of attack:

Quick AOE blasts (Knuckles, Shadow etc)
Longer lasting AOE blasts (Metal Sonic, MeeMee etc)
Single homing shots (Sonic etc)
Double homing shots (Tails, AGES etc)
And one more type?
---
100 Awesome Kirbys: http://www.vgcats.com/comics/?strip_id=253
UK gamer with online Smash64 and MvC3
#8ILikesCheesePosted 12/2/2012 5:05:15 PM
gsk6390 posted...
ILikesCheese posted...

I've noticed quite a few people say this. I only have the game on PS3 and my copy had a mini instruction booklet. Also, in-game they give you instructions, hints & tips during your first couple of goes at single player. Maybe it's just the 360 version with problems? Or maybe just releases outside of Europe?

The hints and tips are given out at random times and piecemeal. Totally useless. Can't speak to what's not the 360 version inside the US though.

Also, to the the other braniac post, I'm all for the removal of such books to save trees. No reason you can't have a "How to Play" menu choice within the Options mode in the game itself though. You know, like just about every other video game on the market has had for the last five years or so?
---
If you're omnipotent and all-powerful...why would you need to REST? On the 7th or ANY day?
#9Great_STreasurePosted 12/2/2012 7:24:45 PM
gsk6390 posted...
Great_STreasure posted...
Joe Musashi has been complained about by people for having a very good All-Star, and AGES' F-14 Tomcat flying form appears with two more to fire missiles at opponents which home in

Tails' and AGES' All-Star are exactly the same in terms of gameplay AND in-game rating

Thanks for the clarification. I guess it only makes sense; the draw of After Burner (and the F-14 Tomcat piloted) is to use your missiles as your primary means of taking your opponents down, so it's only natural that they're very powerful in this game.
---
#10Great_STreasurePosted 12/2/2012 7:31:12 PM
ILikesCheese posted...
Also, to the the other braniac post, I'm all for the removal of such books to save trees. No reason you can't have a "How to Play" menu choice within the Options mode in the game itself though. You know, like just about every other video game on the market has had for the last five years or so?

You have a point. Though, admittedly, we DO get tips while we race for the first time, and they teach you how to do certain manuvers as you play. Sure, not a living soul would be able to concentrate on such, but they do have them instructions somewhere!

I'm not sure if it's just me, but the Wii U version might have a digital manual...I doubt it, though. Mostly Nintendo-published/developed titles would have that at launch (this was the case for the 3DS).
---